996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone here own a Ford GT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 03:14 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Anyone here own a Ford GT?

Saw in person my first Ford GT, sat in it and looked it over real good. I have to say I was very impressed! I really like it and was wondering if the later production cars were through all the recalls.

Very cool inside and out!

Old 10-08-2005, 03:54 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Re: Anyone here own a Ford GT?

Originally posted by buddyg
Saw in person my first Ford GT, sat in it and looked it over real good. I have to say I was very impressed! I really like it and was wondering if the later production cars were through all the recalls.

Very cool inside and out!
I agree with you, the Ford GT is the probably the hottest looking car I've ever seen.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:36 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Buddy, I saw a red one this summer at my local F car store. STUNNING!

You and I are interested (I think) in the same two cars. I think both will be much cheaper come spring.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I've seat into one (red one!). Looks unqiue but can't compare to Porsche. The biggest problem is the stupid doors. You have to open it 100% to get out of the car. If not you will stuck at the packing

Old 10-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I walked away from one 3 months ago....dealer wanted 75k over. I laughed to myself. Not for me anyway.

Fit and finish is not up to par.

Remember our friend Britt? His close pal Joe has one, and he did a ride along with him last week.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
The sound on it is real sweet and its pricing is gowing nowhere but down. You are still looking at big price difference between FGT and CGT.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:54 PM
INVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud of
Drove one for about 20 minutes

Took it pretty easy around Rancho Santa Fe in a red/white striped.

Told them I would buy only at sticker and they let me drive it. Turned down 18K over MSRP two months ago.

Early production model - suspension recall fixed but when I came back to the dealership - Encinitas Ford - the car was puking oil onto the asphalt.

It actually started during the drive when the rear inner window fogged up with oil residue and the car intermitantly smoked burnt oil off the headers. Crankshaft Seal issue is well documented.

Driving experience - low speed with only moderate lateral load:

Good compliance and accurate steering - I think it lacked some of the alacrity of the P-Car.

Excellent Brakes - didn't work into fade check speeds and repetitions.

Fit and finish - sucked - bubbling and peeling paint (looked like poor paint booth debris evacuation) on hood and rear deack lid. Windshield wipers in the way of front boot closing - scratched hood. Interior panels loose and easily scratched.

Drivetrain - beautiful sound and outrageous low end grunt (other car is a Superchaged CL55 - 516 lb-ft and it felt like more torque in a lighter car). Good gearbox and clutch.

Design - aesthetic art - poor function as an everyday driver due to doors and no storage whatsoever.

Car is overhyped and will continue to fall. check
www.fordgtprices.com

I still would have bought it at sticker though.

Instead got the TTS Cab and have an E60 M5 coming.

Steve

Old 10-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
If you want something rare, get a Ford GT, even in Toronto i've seen 4 CGT's and not one Ford GT and Toronto has everything, Enzos, CGTs etc.

But 6MPG should be fun these days

Old 10-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Anyone here own a Ford GT?

Originally posted by alamein
I agree with you, the Ford GT is the probably the hottest looking car I've ever seen.
you are too modest. i think your techart turbo kills the ford gt in looks. for real dog. good work

Old 10-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
The Ford GT I've seat in actually located at Toronto. That is a US car and the dealer asking $400K CAD. For that price, i will take a CGT any day!

Old 10-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
the Ford GT is the probably the hottest looking car I've ever seen.
I remember there is a Ford GT the real GT40 at Toronto Car show last year. After you saw the GT40, you will think the new Ford GT is a 300lbs fat boy wannbe. The GT40 is one hot looking car!

Old 10-08-2005, 10:14 PM
calcareer is infamous around these parts
I am familiar with the Ford GT that Dan Gurney received on his birthday.

The car is very tight on interior room and Ford built a special roof with a bubble to clear Dan's head!

This makes it a unique one of a kind car that looks silly.

Old 10-09-2005, 05:51 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Ray
I've seat into one (red one!). Looks unqiue but can't compare to Porsche. The biggest problem is the stupid doors. You have to open it 100% to get out of the car. If not you will stuck at the packing
There are a couple thoughts on the door issue. If Ford had not made the doors the way they did all the purists would have said it doesn't have GT40 doors. I credit Ford for the design as it is pretty radical.

I would just be careful where I park as this car is not a daily driver anyway. Have the leaking seals been fixed now? Does anyone here actually own one?

Old 10-09-2005, 06:09 AM
cgmeredithjr is infamous around these parts
BuddyG,

If you like the Ford GT, go look at the Superformance GT40 replica that is about to come out (www.superformance.com). So exact, it has FIA certification for historic racing. Rolling chassis should be around $60-70K and a fully built car ready to drive with 427 small block ford (500-600HP) and transaxle less than $100K. This bullet weighs around 2300lbs. and has the correct dimensions of the original.

Cleve

Old 10-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Kills Bugs Fast
45otto is infamous around these parts
The first time I saw one in person I thought it was some kind of "kit car". The fit and finish sucked. I ran him in my Turbo (GIAC, V-Flow, Pss9's) he pulled me by about a car. Which means only one thing......time for more mods, stage IV.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here own a Ford GT?