996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

O/T E55 Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 02:51 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
O/T E55 Options

My name finally came up for an 2004 MB E55 AMG at Motorwerks of Barrington (Porsche and MB dealer). I wonder if my recent order for the '04tt moved me up in line? Hmmm.

Anyway, here are the options I am looking at. Any suggestions appreciated. I'm getting the car at list price, I don't think I can do any better.

brilliant silver/charcoal
Nav
CD changer
Panorama sunroof
Parktronic (for wife)
Solar panel cooling
Comfort package (ventilated seats, active seats)
Lighting package

about $87k

Old 11-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I would go for keyless go.

Old 11-13-2003, 03:26 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Is the keyless go really usefull? The car mostly sits in the garage and I normally don't let the car warm up for a long time, I just keep revs down till the engine warms up.

I'm looking hard at the MB lighted sills. I can't decide if it is really cool or ricey.

Old 11-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Banned
Yeah, I saw the lighted sills on an SL500, and they looked nice. Keyless go is not only usefull, but it is very cool. A push button start on the gearshift... I would have it no other way.

Old 11-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mehrabani1
I would go for keyless go.
Keyless Go allows you to enter the car with the key in your pocket, and start the car by pressing a button on the shift lever. Unless something has changed since I had my '03 E55, it does not allow you to start the car remotely.

The integrated phone is nice--overpriced, but it is a Mercedes. Voice command is also nice.

Electronic trunk closer is great--open and close the trunk from inside the car, and push a button inside the trunk (when your hands are full with packages) and it closes itself.

I thought about the lighted AMG door sills, but it's quite expensive to have them installed afterward.

Old 11-13-2003, 04:31 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Anychance you wanna sell your spot?? My dad has been on phones with dealers for the past 3 days trying to find one available . I am just kiddin, sounds like you are taking it....
We are looking for black or white...we saw a white one down here and it was drop dead georgous!! Then we saw a black with black 5 spoke rims, 1 word: WOW!!
Evan

Old 11-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Banned
03 C4s, you are right, but as Poursha stated, you can not turn the car on without you touching the engine on button on the gearshift. Keyless go will not allow you to remotely start your car.

The rear sunshade is a nice option.

Old 11-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Banned
Evan, you should go all out and get a CL55 AMG, or an S55 AMG, thoes cars are available. Check Fletcher Jones (in california) for an E55 if you want one (they are the largest MB dealer in the world).

Old 11-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
03 C4s, you are right, but as Poursha stated, you can not turn the car on without you touching the engine on button on the gearshift. Keyless go will not allow you to remotely start your car.

The rear sunshade is a nice option.
Yes--rear and side sunshades are also nice. I had every option except distronic (which I personally think is a waste of money) and tire monitor (which apparently has major flaws). Nav wasn't available in '03, but based on my experience in my '00 BMW 740i (I used it maybe 5 times), I wouldn't bother with it. It's a toy whose novelty wears off very quickly.

Old 11-13-2003, 04:55 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Evan, you should go all out and get a CL55 AMG, or an S55 AMG, thoes cars are available. Check Fletcher Jones (in california) for an E55 if you want one (they are the largest MB dealer in the world).
My dad just sold the 2 CL55's and 2 S55's we owned . Lets just say he will never buy another one of those again (lost money on all ).
Evan

Old 11-13-2003, 05:12 PM
Banned
Were they 2003 cars? Yeah, the E55 will depreciate much less than those cars, the residual is very high too on an E55.

Old 11-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Were they 2003 cars? Yeah, the E55 will depreciate much less than those cars, the residual is very high too on an E55.
Yes all 4 were 03's, brand new, no miles....
Silver/black(cl55):tectite grey(CL55):silver/black(S55):Black/Grey(S55).
Evan

Old 11-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
I have a buddy with the S600. The keyless thing is all that he talks about. Not the 12 cylinders or the 500ftlbs of torque, the key.....

Old 11-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
Not sure what's the hoopla with Keyless Go...I have it on my SL and I don't really care for it. It was cool the first week, but after that, I just went back to the regular key. The card key is kinda thick and doesn't really fit in my wallet. Maybe keeping in my pants pocket, but even then...Maybe i'm old fashion

Old 11-14-2003, 04:40 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I can't imagine how an E55 will be sooooo much better than a CL55 or S55. Yes it is a little more nimble but will probably still have the same overall feel as the others. Has your dad driven the E55, to know it isn't another mistake?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: O/T E55 Options