996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gemballa/H&R adjustable struts......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:20 AM
EXPLICIT is infamous around these parts
Gemballa/H&R adjustable struts......

Anyone used these, or had experience with them? Any info appreciated.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I'm not sure Gemballa one has any different with normal H&R. My TT is running normal H&R coilover (older version with bigger springs at front). It feels good on street and track.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Just looking at those really makes the JIC units look like a work of art.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I wouldn't use them.. in the last year we've removed those at least 9-10 times off of C2s and TT's... They are only adjustable in ride height and then look at the big goofy-stock looking spring.. Un uh..

Go with PSS9s or JICs.. let me know if you need a set!

Old 10-13-2005, 01:22 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
sharkdood, hey easy with the goofy spring stuff. I have set and they work great for me, mostly canyon/street/track driving. I've been told the reason for the larger spring/perch is to displace the load/drive of the FWD.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I had a set of H&R coilovers for a brief period . . . hated them . . . IMHO, a terrible ride. Both my Techarts and my current JRZs are much better.

Craig

Old 10-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the responses guys....sorta what i expected.

Sharkster you send to Australia?

Old 10-13-2005, 06:37 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do think that H&R came out with an updated coilover that doesn't have that big perch.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:44 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by oak
sharkdood, hey easy with the goofy spring stuff. I have set and they work great for me, mostly canyon/street/track driving. I've been told the reason for the larger spring/perch is to displace the load/drive of the FWD.
haha well are they CF? I hear you on the load/drive but I still no likey.... I know I'm a tweakin' freak and like to be able to adjust things so I'm more in favor of JICs, PSS9s and/or Motons. One thing about PSS9s is for my taste they're too softy...

Old 10-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by EXPLICIT
Thanks for the responses guys....sorta what i expected.

Sharkster you send to Australia?
Hey man, as long as UPS is ok with it I am too

Old 10-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by sharkster
haha well are they CF? I hear you on the load/drive but I still no likey.... I know I'm a tweakin' freak and like to be able to adjust things so I'm more in favor of JICs, PSS9s and/or Motons. One thing about PSS9s is for my taste they're too softy...
I have heard the pss9's can be a little 'soft' vs the 'typical' stiff as boards coilover (i come from a background of modifying jap cars).

The factory ride in the Turbo is fantastic....a little too much understeer for my driving style but i do like the bump and rebound. I drive daily, intend on fitting some 19's (techarts), a reflash and exhaust for some added oomph. Will be tracking it once monthly - pss9's the way to go??? Being a daily driver i dont want to lose too much of the already good ride quality.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by EXPLICIT
I have heard the pss9's can be a little 'soft' vs the 'typical' stiff as boards coilover (i come from a background of modifying jap cars).

The factory ride in the Turbo is fantastic....a little too much understeer for my driving style but i do like the bump and rebound. I drive daily, intend on fitting some 19's (techarts), a reflash and exhaust for some added oomph. Will be tracking it once monthly - pss9's the way to go??? Being a daily driver i dont want to lose too much of the already good ride quality.
The spring rate on the PSS9s is pretty low and not much more than stock by comparison. The JICs have stiffer springs (they have three choices) and yes with 19s they'd be pretty stiff... Also because they have solid pillowball mounts and camber plates... For a street car that you want to ride as comfy as stock though, I'd guess PSS9s are better for you.... Any way you can get a ride? Having ridden in both PSS9 cars and H&Rs, the PSS9s are also more settled and less stiff... The H&Rs seem to pogo too much. Maybe because the spring rate is too stiff for the shocks. Not sure...

Old 10-13-2005, 07:15 PM
trozenhorse is infamous around these parts
what would you recommend for a 2002 C2 996 cab, i dont track but find the front too bouncy....any recommendations? As well have a new cayennes S, put on eibach springs with 20's, i dont like the ride quality in the city, the car feels like it is bottoming out from the front on any major road dip or bump and in montreal the roads are bad, any bilstein or coilover for the cayenne that will keep the cayenee tight and low but not to stiff hard and bumpy?

Looking for 2 comments for the price of one....thanks in advance.....

Old 10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by trozenhorse
what would you recommend for a 2002 C2 996 cab, i dont track but find the front too bouncy....any recommendations? As well have a new cayennes S, put on eibach springs with 20's, i dont like the ride quality in the city, the car feels like it is bottoming out from the front on any major road dip or bump and in montreal the roads are bad, any bilstein or coilover for the cayenne that will keep the cayenee tight and low but not to stiff hard and bumpy?

Looking for 2 comments for the price of one....thanks in advance.....
Do you have 18s or 19s on there? We've done plenty of Cabs with PSS9s and none yet with JICs. I actually think with the added weight the JICs would be a good option too... PSS9s will always be softer but they are a superb fit for C2s. If the roads are real bad, I'd say PSS9s...

As far as the Pepper... Hmm.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:34 PM
trozenhorse is infamous around these parts
wheels are next on my list...i would like 19's but they scare me with the pot holes and rough roads, that is why i have held off on the wheels until i figure out the suspension....need to do something with the pepper too.....help!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gemballa/H&R adjustable struts......