996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I might have found another one....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 01:12 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say around $90k but that company doesnt really budge with pricing - nice ride though

Old 10-15-2005, 01:13 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
RUF model or not ... that is one HOT TT.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:38 PM
ciggy1 is infamous around these parts
If you are going to reach that far, you may as well reach a little further and get the Real Thing

My $.02

G

Old 10-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally posted by ciggy1
If you are going to reach that far, you may as well reach a little further and get the Real Thing

My $.02

G
I thought he was after red or white? Or was it blue? It certainly wasn't silver. Silver is so Y2K. You can knock about 10K off the price of any silver used car nowadays.

Old 10-15-2005, 03:44 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
ciggy - he wants 4wd and a sunroof

Old 10-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by dj
ciggy - he wants 4wd and a sunroof
Cool

Old 10-15-2005, 03:54 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
funny how people want to pay less for red. With appropriate wheels, ect, red can be so hot. I don't see anyone complaining about red ferrari's

PS: A CGT in red is arguably the nicest color on the car...

Old 10-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I am looking for Red, Cobalt or White in that order so you are right on all counts RD!!!!
I have been back and forth with them and I have them at $100k. My main concern now is that there is no warranty and no hopes of one either with all of the mods.
They do have the paperwork on what was done, it has the VIN number on it and everything. It is not a RUF car, it has had RUF equipment added just like a couple of posts said.
Should I be concerned about no warranty? It has the RUF 550 kit, do we know how much boost that is pushing and is it stressing the internals too much? The mods were done 4k ago and the car has 8.5k on it. I just don't want to have to be replacing the tranny or really worring about anything breaking down. I got lucky with my Audi S4 that I modded the hell out of, I don't know if I will get lucky twice. Your thoughts are appreciated!!

Old 10-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by rockitman
... PS: A CGT in red is arguably the nicest color on the car...
I don't know about that Rockitman .... there was a red CGT at Crystal Cove one weekend with a couple of silver ones around it ... wasn't feelin' it, nor were a lot of other people. Of course these people won't say anything out of courtesy ... but you will hear other voices saying how much they like it

I think a silver CGT is the class act

G

Old 10-15-2005, 04:10 PM
DJ
griza - how badly do you want this car? it is totally up to you? I personally would not buy this car for more than 90k with zero warranty, but thats me......

I would rather find a perfect stock 2003 or 2004 if you are willing to pay in the 90's

Old 10-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I agree with you 100% Darren, that is why I am not going crazy over this. I am usually very impulsive but not this time which tells me not to get it.

Old 10-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally posted by ciggy1
Ouch .... so, how much do you take off for modified Red TT's ??

Just breakin' your ***** for the self-promo post, you know. I actually don't even like red for cars but did fall hard when i saw mine. IMO the CGT with black and terracotta is the hottest. I've always liked white but the CGT didn't look so good in it. Just like women, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck in the hunt and maybe you'll join the GR 911 TT club. No matter what I agree that you are looking at the three best colors. As for the mods, don't worry about it if you planning on doing some and I think you should. Modded TT vs. stock are 2 different animals. If the car has Ruf mods for the HP gains then you have one of the best out there. They back up their stuff pretty well and i know Sean, who had his stuff done at Ruf in Germany, gets taken care of at a dealer over in NJ so you don't have that far to travel. If you don't want any potential headaches and the gains that go along with the risk, then buy the newest non-modded car you can find but don't ever get behind the wheel of a modded one if you do.

Last edited by Red Devil; 10-15-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Red Devil
Just breakin' your ***** for the self-promo post, you know. ..
It's all good ... I didn't see anywhere in the thread about color and saw an opportunity to offer up my car.... That's part of what message boards are all about. If you know anyone looking for an Old School Silver car ... send 'em my way

Griza, good luck in your search

G

Old 10-15-2005, 06:45 PM
That is the thing, I will do some slight mods to it. If I get a stock car I will do suspension, exhaust and a chip. I am sure the DV's also will be done and that should be about it. Of course wheels and Aero kit but that obviously is not power related.
I would most likely drive it stock for awhile to get used to the car and then do those things. With this one everything is done so I don't have too which I like and it is RUF. It has the carbon fiber that I want, even the mirrors are CF along with that wing that I am not to crazy about.
My wife was fine with everything but the warranty and it is a peice of mind to have it. I also do realize that once I do those mods the warranty is probably toast anyway. The guy is doing a dvd for me and overnighting for saturday delivery to really push me over the edge.
What exactly does the RUF 550 include? Is it just the chip and exhaust or what? I am getting a little anxious now to be honest...........

Old 10-15-2005, 07:17 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Two issues- what is the car worth in the market, and what is it worth to you?

In the market, the car, in consideration of mods and add-ons, is worth somewhere in the low $90Ks. You, I and the dealers don't make the market, we just live with it. If the car was reliable from the factory, I doubt that the Ruf mods will hurt it- the 996TT is good for 550-600hp pretty reliably with stock internals. However, there are myriad high-quality tuners out there, and in today's market 550-600 good hp doesn't cost $50K. Regarding the CF, it depends on taste. Ornamental CF gets old in my eyes quickly, but some folks really dig it. In dollars and cents terms, there are better deals out there.

OTOH, if you really like the car, and it is admittedly a beauty, the price isn't outta the ballpark high. A little deft negotiation, bringing it in a few thousand bucks higher than you wanted to pay but putting you behind the wheel of a car that you love, is worth more in enjoyment than the value of value.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I might have found another one....