996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I might have found another one....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 11:43 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
check out this one

ebay item number: 4582664824

Old 10-16-2005, 05:21 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Didn't you already see that one at Porsche of Roslyn? If you want it checked out Dr. Bill and I can head over there as it is 10 minutes from where we live.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:38 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally posted by keoni1978
check out this one

ebay item number: 4582664824
Nice!

Old 10-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Keoni- Yes I did see that one at Porsche of Roslyn, but I was speaking with them about that car and they will not budge past $111,500. That is just too far out of my price range. I would like to be around $90k but I will stretch to $100k for the right one.

Red Devil- I appreciate your willing to go out of your way. If you are over in that direction, that would be fine but don't waste your time if not. They don't want to haggle and they think they are the only ones in the world with a Red 996tt.
I didn't realize you were in my neck of the woods. I appreciate your help so far.

aj- You are right on all counts. The car is not outrageously overpriced like the one at Porsche of Roslyn and it has quality mods. Now the question is do I want this caliber of vehicle with no warranty.

Does anyone know what the RUF 550 kit includes?

Old 10-16-2005, 09:04 AM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Griza
aj- You are right on all counts. The car is not outrageously overpriced like the one at Porsche of Roslyn and it has quality mods. Now the question is do I want this caliber of vehicle with no warranty.

Does anyone know what the RUF 550 kit includes?
Griza, here is a link to Ruf Auto Centre with explanation of 996TT conversions. They're near my house and I've never done business with them, but I've heard nothing but good about this local Ruf "franchise".

Ruf Auto Centre

I'm not trying to plug business for the salesman that I deal with at Boardwalk (well, maybe a little), but I know he's had alot of luck in combing the country and finding the cars that people want. His name is Stephen Rosenkrantz, and the number for Boardwalk Porsche is 214-576-1911. In Dallas/Fort Worth area, there are far fewer 996TTs lined up for sale than there were a year ago, and we may start to see market adjusting up a bit.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Well, after doing a search and checking the old posts, it seems that everyone that owns a car that has RUF modifcations is extrememly happy with their cars.
With that being said, It looks like I am going to be moving ahead with the purchase. I just emailed my info over to Randy McCall at Motor Cars International in Springfield Missouri and he is going to send me the paperwork on monday.
There is a post somewhere that people here have dealt with them and have all had great experiences with them. This is 100% swaying my decision to buy from them.
I recieved the DVD of the car that he made yesterday for me and I just can't resist a freakin RUF!!!!!!!!!!! This car is mint, just out of the showroom condition. I have been reading about RUF since I was a kid with the Yellow Bird and that thing is still running strong so what the hell.
It is a nice birthday present to myself and I deserve it !!!

Last edited by Griza; 10-16-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:43 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Drive it in good health, and be sure to let us know how you like it.

Old 10-16-2005, 03:54 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti

Btw: Ruf is sooooo late 1990's anyway, kinda like Gemballa is soooo late 1980's.

Bring on TechArt !!!
good to see you still say stupid things

Old 10-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Good luck and welcome to the GR TT club. we have some meets down here from time to time so maybe you can head down and show us your car. Let us know how you make out.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:07 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
good to see you still say stupid things
loooooooooool

Old 10-17-2005, 08:51 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Congrats on the purchase...its a sure thing, and YOU WILL LOVE IT !

Old 10-17-2005, 10:05 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Grzia - i cant wait to see it it ! Happy early bday

Old 10-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks for all of the well wishes, I am very excited. I just watched the dvd again that was sent to me. This car has Ruf BBK and Ruf Coilovers in addition to the 550 kit. This thing is going to be a beast!! I hope I don't wreck the thing!! I have driven a Gallardo with a Tubi exhaust, how much faster is this going to be??
Since it has Ruf mods, is it ok to put a Ruf badge on it in place of the Turbo badge? I realize it is not a real RTurbo but...............

Old 10-18-2005, 01:36 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Hey Griza, Congrats Bro and Happy Birthday to you. You should de-badge the whole car and make it a sleeper. Reggie Jackson always told me, "The only one you have to impress is yourself", just my .02 on the badging issue.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:20 PM
DrJim is infamous around these parts
Wink

Originally posted by SmoothCab
Hey Griza, Congrats Bro and Happy Birthday to you. You should de-badge the whole car and make it a sleeper. Reggie Jackson always told me, "The only one you have to impress is yourself", just my .02 on the badging issue.
Hey wait a minute! Are you trying to impress us by name dropping Reggie Jackson?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I might have found another one....