996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I just got the news.................

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 07:09 PM
DianjoTT is infamous around these parts
Nice! Congrats, just take it easy at first. Most people are so excited that they do stupid things and may wreck it.

Need to post up some pics soon! I wish I have 550HP. 415HP is ok for now. I have a guy here local in Washington that can get up 600HP with major engine mods.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Griza; first congrats. second Joe Huber did my Ruf conversion as well and he knows exactly what he's doing. I believe he's worked for RUF for over 20 years. A very meticulous man. Our mileage is almost the same as well. DMZ is right you should have the car checked out befoe you pay for it. A dealer can check the ecu for things like over rev's etc. I know your excited for the car but you should make sure it hasn't been trashed.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:05 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Nice find!

Old 10-20-2005, 08:17 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Griza! I expect a ride....uh make that a drive LOL

Old 10-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
You guys are right, I will speak to the dealer and have them do an ecu check on the car. I have the carafx and it checked ok but obviously that doesn't say anything about abuse such as overrevving.
If anyone has any other tips for me, they would be greatly appreciated.

Darren- When I get this badboy I will certainly give you the pleasure of a drive. It might make you open up the wallet though!

Dianjo- That is the one thing I and my wife are concerned about, This thing is going to fly. It will test my will to take it easy that is for sure!!

Craiger- I have no idea other than a Ruf VIN is crazy expensive, Way out of my price range is all I know.

Bruce- The condition of this car is mint, the owner even put felt on the backs of the seatbelt clips so it would not rub on the carbon fiber. I will have the dealer check it out but should even believe them? This is a lux car dealer and I am sure they have connections to make it read whatever they want. I will heed your advice though and it is greatly appreciated.
Can you tell me a little about your car and how you like it? Fast, reliable any tips, like don't floor it in second around a turn? Thank you!

Old 10-20-2005, 08:59 PM
russbert is infamous around these parts
Griza,

CONGRATS Man! You must be completely pysched; I know I was when I purchased my TT recently.

I'm definitely anxious to see more photos once you take them. Enjoy yourself and give us your 1st impressions ASAP.

Enjoy yourself.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Thank you Russbert, I am VERY excited. I have to try an go to sleep right now..........I think I will be tossing and turning for awhile!!
I will post my impressions and pics, This is really rediculous, I almost can't believe it.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:32 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hey man, everyone is right and you should have it checked for that type of car. Modified cars are something to worry about while buying, actually i shouldnt even say that since most of the time you will never know what the owner did and so on, but goodluck any way. That car is gorgeous..

As for tips, i dont have my 996tt yet but a SC m3, so traction loss for the power is 100x greater lol, there is nothing you "cant" do in the car per se, just take it easy until you are familiar with the car and its power, you will be fine ... good luck , Martin!

Old 10-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
it took 5 days to get my "new" 996tt shipped to my front door...talk about some restless nights!!! good thing i had access to some sleeping pills

i did so much busy-work around the house my wife thought i had lost my mind. except for the cost of the car, she wishes that i'd do this about once a month

Old 10-20-2005, 10:16 PM
robots_are_neon is infamous around these parts
pix pix, the link doesnt work!

Old 10-21-2005, 06:21 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Griza; Regarding the RUF conversion do you have the original RUF documentation with the VIN# certifying what was done to the car and at what mileage? Definetely don't floor it in a turn. Take it easy at first, learn how it handles, brakes, shifts etc. before you push the speed envelope. It's fast for sure, I'm still amazed how fast it is. Make sure you let it idle for a minute or more before shutting it down to extend the turbo's life, hopefully the previous owner did that as well. The only thing I did other than changing the oil every 3k miles is I cleaned the MAF sensor which made a big difference in engine smoothness. Be careful and have fun, the car's a blast to drive.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:15 AM
Here is another link for the pics:

http://www.drautos.com/search/srDeta...92&sessionkey={7B9AF249-55BE-4B77-A4C3-F70089E79A3D}

I will take my own once it gets here in a week or so.

Bruce- I do have a document with the VIN and what work was done and that it was installed by Joef Huber at 4900 miles. The car ha 8400 miles now so it hasn't even been driven much. I have also emailed Ruf to see if they can verify the work. I was just kidding about flooring in a turn!! I am good with warming up and cooling down turbos, I have a modified Audi S4 so I am used to it. Is cleaning the MAF sensors easy to do? I will do that if it is necessary. Thanks for the tips!!!
Are you anywhere near me in NY? PM me if you like.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:36 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Def verify with Ruf before you hand them 100k. If it's ok, just drive the **** out of it!

Old 10-21-2005, 07:45 AM
colesporsche is infamous around these parts
congrats man!!!! Beautiful Car..

Old 10-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Getting confirmation from RUF is a good idea. I live on Long Island so we're pretty close. There was a recent detailed thread re. cleaning the MAF sensor, it's very easy. You just have to be careful not to damage it when you remove and re-install it and use a cleaner that leaves no residue and is safe for plastic. Don't worry about the MAF sensor for now, make sure the car checks out and enjoy it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.