996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I just got the news.................

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I just got the news.................

The car is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!! Ruf 550 Rturbo conversion!!!!!!!! The other guy couldn't get his act together and I got it. I am so excited I have stomach cramps, this is crazy. Paperwork will be here friday and if all goes well, car will be shipped by mid next week and should have it by next weekend.
What do you guys usually do when you get a car like this sight unseen? Do you bring it to a dealer for a thorough insepection or do you just gas up and go?
The only other car I purchased sight unseen was my 4.6is X5 and that was brand new w/4 miles on the odometer and a 50,000 mile warranty. This car is an '02 with 8400 miles Ruf 550 kit installed by Josef Huber at 4940 miles.
If I have any problems with this car, do you guys usually go to a dealer or and independant shop? I am in NY so any of you locals (Red Devil, etc) have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Sorry for the rant I am psyched as all hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 04:59 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
AWESOME!!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 05:00 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
AWESOME, can't imagine the feeling my man! Post up some pics!

Old 10-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
550 hp WILL pull

Old 10-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I don't have it yet, not until end of next week at the earliest but the pics are here:

http://www.drautos.com/search/srDet...192&sessionkey={40E10B2B-2062-430A-80CC-9185A6F3520D}

I will be tinting the windows and adding 19" Ruf wheels.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

Old 10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
congrats..... how about a NY get together this sun morning to see all our new machines.... John at T &S MOTORWERKS is who red devil and I use...

Old 10-20-2005, 05:32 PM
dmz
dmz is infamous around these parts
Re: I just got the news.................

Wow, sound like a great car. I hope you go an awesome deal. You are supposed to do a pre-purchase inspection before you bought the car. let just hope that the previous owner didn't trash the car before selling it. It's a pretty risky move to buy such a expensive car unseen. Especially a highly modified performance car. Heck, Last time I bought a car in the other side of the country, I got a round trip plane ticket and flew over there to do the transaction in person and had the shipper show up at the same time to pickup the car. Hey, but that's just me. You can't win if you don't take risk right?

Originally posted by Griza
The car is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!! Ruf 550 Rturbo conversion!!!!!!!! The other guy couldn't get his act together and I got it. I am so excited I have stomach cramps, this is crazy. Paperwork will be here friday and if all goes well, car will be shipped by mid next week and should have it by next weekend.
What do you guys usually do when you get a car like this sight unseen? Do you bring it to a dealer for a thorough insepection or do you just gas up and go?
The only other car I purchased sight unseen was my 4.6is X5 and that was brand new w/4 miles on the odometer and a 50,000 mile warranty. This car is an '02 with 8400 miles Ruf 550 kit installed by Josef Huber at 4940 miles.
If I have any problems with this car, do you guys usually go to a dealer or and independant shop? I am in NY so any of you locals (Red Devil, etc) have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Sorry for the rant I am psyched as all hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Doc- I won't have it until 28-29 of Oct at the earliest. Once I get it though, I am down for a meet.

dmz- I was sent a indepth dvd of the car. It was pretty much like I was there. It started up imediately, there was not one speck of dust anywhere. The car is in showroom condition, I am confident that it is in great shape.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:58 PM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Griza,

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? Or you can PM me the price if you feel uncomfortable posting it here.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Strap yourself in bro, you're in for one helluva ride.

Congrats. Get pics.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:18 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Wow im so jealous, we need pics now!! Congrats and enjoy it

Old 10-20-2005, 06:19 PM
JamE55- I paid $99,500 so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Eric- I know, I am psyched. I need some keyhole plugs from you so I will be calling.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:24 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Sounds awsome. Pics are a must when it arrives. congrats!

Old 10-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Craigger is infamous around these parts
this is vaguely related, but what would the price differences be between a TT with ruf 550 conversion, and a Ruf VIN R turbo? (simalary equiped) brand new?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.