996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Going Mafless - Eliminating Vacuum lines?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
As I've found with my other car, draining that thing is a PITA and the vac ought to pull more out and perhaps assist the ring seal. I've seen some use the exhaust system to draw a vacuum and burn the fumes too but don't think I want to go there. I'd like to do this car as close to stock, regarding this, as possible. Other car will get a heated AOS that drains to the crankcase and has vac applied come Spring I think, sick of smelling it
on my amg my catch can was stainless steel mesh inside. petcock on the bottom with a drain line under the car. oil change just opened the petcock and drained it about every 3 oil changes i would open it up and clean it. thing is i could get as much as 1 oz or more on a oil change. thats a lot to run thru the t/b

Old 01-20-2015, 08:52 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Well, I imagine it's going through now. I know it lowers octane but unless blowby increases a great deal it shouldn't be too bad. That's a bridge to cross in the future, still weighing Y-pipe options at the moment.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:21 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Great thread. I am in the process of completely removing my SAI system. Ill be running a simplified vacuum set up. Tim, thanks for the diagrams! I was unaware that you can remove that hardline the attaches to the drivers side inlet pipe, I'll make sure to remove that and plug up that line too. So far i have plumbed my tial bov's right to the plenum my FPR, and added a line to a vibrant vacuum block where i threaded in my hobbs switch as well as my n75 valve

Old 06-24-2016, 08:20 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Consider a vac block. Readings on some of my sensors were apparently jumping around and a block solved it.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:48 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Consider a vac block. Readings on some of my sensors were apparently jumping around and a block solved it.
I just added a vibrant vacuum block, Its going to be a a nice and clean instal. I also got all new vibrant black silicone vacuum lines.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:00 PM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
Now all we need are picture! I'd love to do this but being in CA, the man won't let me.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by pteck
Now all we need are picture! I'd love to do this but being in CA, the man won't let me.
it was almost already to go back into the car, But last minute i made the decision to remove the SAI. I have a friend machining some pretty sai block off plates. Still trying to figure out the venturi tube and oil reservoir vacuum hose as i was told to plug those both other than that a couple more days and it goes back in. Ill post some pics soon.