996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got toasted...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by trev0006
Craig was that you folowing me on the 2 freeway about a month ago and pulling on me like hell, I have a silver TT with the 9FF blade , HRE's and lowered. All I know a black TT with black meshed wheels was pulling on me on the onramp to the 2 freeway.
Which onramp to the 2 freeway?

Craig

Old 11-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 03-turbo911
Belongs to a friend, Bahrain996tt on this forum. This one's over a 1000hp.
Thats one big turbo!! If it is anything like the 1000 hp Supra I drove in a few times, it probably doesn't spool until +/- 5k rpms.

Craig

Old 11-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Re: Got toasted...

Originally posted by StephenTi
Went to Calabasas and saw some nice cars... hung out with Craig for a bit... on the way home, we lined up for a run... I started in 2nd gear 5~5500rpm start (1.2BAR w/ 93~94oct gas)... by the time I was half way through 4th, he was bus-lengths ahead... I know my Turbo ain't slow, but Craig's beast is simply on another level, not that I would have thought the results to be otherwise from the ride he gave me a few weeks ago!

Way to go, Craig... there wasn't a single car in that entire gathering that could have touched your Turbo... not even close!

Stephen
Dude, you lose one race and you promptly sell your TT?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=323710

Craig

Ps: I'm just kidding . . . . I know you have had your car listed for a few weeks. The timing is just ironic.

The new owner plans some additional mods. Tell him to give me a call when he is finished.

Craig

Old 11-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Here are vids from the fastest 6spd (stock gearing) Supra. He was trapping deep into the 150's on stock displacement before the stroker kit. The car hasn't been gutted/tubbed, and is running stock independent suspension configuration with full interior. No NOS on most if not all of the runs...

http://wotm.com/multimedia.html

Old 11-02-2005, 11:43 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Got toasted...

Originally posted by Craig
Dude, you lose one race and you promptly sell your TT?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=323710

Craig

Ps: I'm just kidding . . . . I know you have had your car listed for a few weeks. The timing is just ironic.

The new owner plans some additional mods. Tell him to give me a call when he is finished.

Craig
hey craig i posted on supraforums and told the new owner that your waiting for him hahaha lol

Last edited by 02barebones996; 11-02-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Banned
trev0006 has a spectacular aura abouttrev0006 has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Craig
Which onramp to the 2 freeway?

Craig

The one to the 2 south at la canada by the movie theaters, then on the 134 the black TT headed to 134 east. the onramp to the 2 from la canada is a steep uphill.

When is the next Euro Sunday going to happen, maybe I will also bring a friend of mine who has a fast 04 GT2 and you guys can lineup but I am sure you will school him. I raced his GT2 and that thing pulled extremely hard, Only mods are open no cat exhaust 110 gas and the flash for the 110 gas.

Last edited by trev0006; 11-02-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:41 AM
The one to the 2 south at la canada by the movie theaters, then on the 134 the black TT headed to 134 east. the onramp to the 2 from la canada is a steep uphill.
I would love to take credit, but it wasn't me.

When is the next Euro Sunday going to happen
I think it is the last Sunday of the month. There is a website for it, but I am not at my PC to get it (it might be www.villageroasters.com). Call Village Roasters in Calabasas -- they will tell you the date.

maybe I will also bring a friend of mine who has a fast 04 GT2 and you guys can lineup
Bring it on!!!

Craig

Old 11-03-2005, 10:54 AM
[SVB]Bruce is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Jean
Stephen, what did you exactly do with Todd K. if you don't mind sharing.

Craig, the best way you have of estimating your real hp excluding a quartermile trap speed is to measure acceleration runs (50-90, 60-130, 0-125mph, etc,..) and compare them to other tested cars. A 950hp 996TT must be in the 150mph trap speed in the quarter for instance.

[SVB]Bruce, I ran against a Supra the other day with a 800RWHP reading on a Dynojet (does not mean much to me, but that's what it was), the owner claims he did it at 2Bar, would that be possible on these cars, standard displacement single turbo? His turbo is twice the size we see in the picture here, and he has extensive internal work (cams, heads, rods etc..)

yes it is even very possible to even have over 1000hp on factory stock internal supra motor...i might have experience there.. those motors are fairly strong when tuned properly

infact it is even possible with over 100k miles on it as well...might have experience there too

how did you do against it?

i wonder when we will see a 150mph 996TT? hell even over 200mph in the standing mile is impressive to me..

Old 11-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Bruce,
I was really interested in knowing whether at 2 Bar ir was possible to get 800RWHP. I checked the link posted by Stephen (thanks)and got an idea of what the power curves look like and how far they can go.

The only 996TT I guess that hits the 150mph is Alex's, then again we have not seen numbers. I know last week a Protomotive 993 with the same engine as mine (but larger injectors) hit 153mph with a lousy 60ft and a fried clutch. The second run he broke an axle.

I beat the Supra 3 times from 20-40-60mph to about 130mph. Then on the last run starting at 70mph he pulled very strong (he changed something, he had a huge NOS bottle maybe he used it) and we were head ot head at around 130mph but I had an oil leak from a turbo pipe so had to stop. He would have beaten me if we had continued. I am running at 18-19 PSI Bar as I have small injectors since my car is setup for track.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Jean
Bruce,
I was really interested in knowing whether at 2 Bar ir was possible to get 800RWHP. I checked the link posted by Stephen (thanks)and got an idea of what the power curves look like and how far they can go.
I am shooting for that number on just over 1 bar.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.