996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT Vs Viper TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 07:04 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
WOW!!!
1000HP viper...I couldn't even imagine what that feels like....

I thought my stage 2 TT was ridiculous...

You guys are crazy maniac!!!

Old 11-05-2005, 07:26 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by variable
Yes! The dangers of speed... Seriously, that is one powerful car to put buslengths on a 600 hp turbo.
Yessir it is... Dammit, and i refused a straight up trade for a 1200RWHP TT viper for my M3 LOL

Old 11-05-2005, 07:31 PM
variable is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by iLLM3
Yessir it is... Dammit, and i refused a straight up trade for a 1200RWHP TT viper for my M3 LOL
I dunno... your M3 seems pretty special. it's not all about straightline speed.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:48 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I NEED a 1200 rwhp VIPER!

Yeehaw!

Old 11-05-2005, 08:25 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
There is nothing more wicked than the Viper on the straight line. Build quality on the SRT10 is top notch. The best I have seen in a US made car.

Go for it Bud your gonna love it!

Old 11-05-2005, 09:04 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally posted by quartermile
There is nothing more wicked than the Viper on the straight line. Build quality on the SRT10 is top notch. The best I have seen in a US made car.

Go for it Bud your gonna love it!

Have to be a twin turbo viper.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Junior Mint
Big Carrot is infamous around these parts
Build quality on the SRT10 is top notch. The best I have seen in a US made car.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! Where did you read THAT???

Old 11-05-2005, 10:45 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Big Carrot
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! Where did you read THAT???
Didn't read it anywhere ... just first hand experience with a friend's SRT10 ... this one only made 800hp. My other experience with Chrysler (300C rent-a-car) also excllent. I kind see the SRT10 in the same category as a Lambo ... not something you beat on every day but a nice sunday driver to scare the living daylight out of yourself and passenger My guess is the reliablity on the SRT10 is far better than any Lambo or F car.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:20 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by variable
I dunno... your M3 seems pretty special. it's not all about straightline speed.
Yea i know your right, and that's why i didnt do it lol... I would murder that viper on a track

And the viper build quality is pretty good, reliability i would say pretty bulletproof but compared to a ferrari or lambo i dunno!

Old 11-06-2005, 06:41 AM
Junior Mint
The reliability is usually great, but the build quality is not so hot. My SRT had squeaks, clanks, and rattles from day one. It basically has a Dodge truck interior with awesome seats. The fit and finish on the outside of the SRT is much better than the previous Gen cars. It's not a bad car, but it doesn't touch a Lambo or Ferrari.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:06 AM
The reliability is usually great, but the build quality is not so hot. My SRT had squeaks, clanks, and rattles from day one. It basically has a Dodge truck interior with awesome seats. The fit and finish on the outside of the SRT is much better than the previous Gen cars. It's not a bad car, but it doesn't touch a Lambo or Ferrari.
Yea what i thought, i went for a ride in a SRT10, and its a powerfull car man, can really scare you at times... Even though my M3 can spin through 3 gears rolling in first it didnt feel anywhere near as scary as a Viper!

Old 11-06-2005, 09:24 AM
OK that makes sense .. what you need is get rid of your muffler on day one .. no more squeaks, clanks, and rattles. Anyohw with the top down how can you hear all that? Coincidently my friend is also in Dallas .. Silver SRT 10.

If you wanted a rock solid car by definition has to be soild. DC has the SL65 for you but you won't get 1200RWHP then. I do agree F cars have excellent finish ... remember this thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ght=allanlambo

Last edited by quartermile; 11-06-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:51 AM
OK that makes sense .. what you need is get rid of your muffler on day one .. no more squeaks, clanks, and rattles. Anyohw with the top down how can you hear all that? Coincidently my friend is also in Dallas .. Silver SRT 10.

If you wanted a rock solid car by definition has to be soild. DC has the SL65 for you but you won't get 1200RWHP then. I do agree F cars have excellent finish ... remember this thread:

Oh god on to a whole new subject/beast.... I took a ride in my friends SL65 renntechd and wowww, I have yet to be in something as fast or faster, even a sc viper didn't give me tunnel vision and make me feel like I did in the 65, car iss insane... And the handling is just as impressive to me, I want one badly lol...

Old 11-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Junior Mint

I spent $30k on mine a couple of months after I got it. Needless to say, the stock muffler was gone! lol What's your friend's name? I might know him!

Old 11-06-2005, 07:36 PM
variable is infamous around these parts
Exactly, reliability and build quality are two different things... easy to forget sometimes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT Vs Viper TT