996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RUF TT in Road and track.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Crash
Iテつエm pretty sure this car would go neck and neck with the Enzo 0-125 and beat it quite badly 125-185.
I would guess just the opposite. Close to neck and neck with the Enzo up to 125 and then the Enzo would have the advantage after that.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Crash is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Divexxtreme
I would guess just the opposite. Close to neck and neck with the Enzo up to 125 and then the Enzo would have the advantage after that.
I doubt it. More power and identical performance in the 1/4 mile despite the Enzoテつエs lighter weight. Also, the Enzo takes 26,5 seconds to get to 185 mph, while the RS Tuning 542 HP GT2 takes 28,5 seconds (the Ruf 550 also requires a similar time). Add to this over horsepower and reassess the possible scenario.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
I doubt it. More power and identical performance in the 1/4 mile despite the Enzoテつエs lighter weight. Also, the Enzo takes 26,5 seconds to get to 185 mph, while the RS Tuning 542 HP GT2 takes 28,5 seconds (the Ruf 550 also requires a similar time). Add to this over horsepower and reassess the possible scenario.
I wouldn't doubt it. Even though they say 650 hp, many times the dynos done on these cars show RUF has severly underrated these cars. On their 520 & 550 tune many times they found that the cars were DYNOING at the wheels what their stated hp was (i.e. a RUF 650 might be 650 to THE WHEELS).

Old 11-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Fanman
I wouldn't doubt it. Even though they say 650 hp, many times the dynos done on these cars show RUF has severly underrated these cars. On their 520 & 550 tune many times they found that the cars were DYNOING at the wheels what their stated hp was (i.e. a RUF 650 might be 650 to THE WHEELS).
I said I was doubting Diveテつエs statement, not the fact that an Rt12 could beat an Enzo in a straight line.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
a lot of straight line talk about cars not designed for drag racing. I'll be more impressed if the RT12 beats an Enzo and CGT on a road course.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:04 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Fanman
In most case nothing is under or over rated! It usually is, we, John Q. Gullible, allow whoever, to legally manipulate our impressions.

The car has six hundred hp! This really doesn't mean a thing without all the facts. The questions that must be asked and provided is:

1) Manufacture of dyno.
2) Type of dyno (awd or rwd)
3) Standard being used for the recording of the values.

They have the possibility of varying as much as almost 40% and yet having the same values when compared with the three above standards being the same.

Some people use the values to under rate and others use the valves to over rate. When John Q. Gullible attempts to compare dissimular data he is left in "left field" so to speak.

I guess the best way to expalin it would be to say your house is worth $5,000,000.00 dollars. You simply didn't say if it was Canadian or US dollars.

Last edited by cjv; 11-07-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:31 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
side note but someone mentioned the manthey m700. i believe they did extensive testing on maha dyno and the m700 was tested 0-200km/h in 8.9 seconds! that's faster than zonda F which was tested around 9.2 seconds. from das einszweidrei site, there are two tests, auto motor and sport and autobild, of the enzo, which does 0-200km/h in 10.3 seconds and 10.64 seconds, respectively. however in another test, the m700 did 0-200km/h in 10.0 seconds. now i don't mean to be a bench racer as we all know that magazines really aren't a reliable source of test data in many cases. there are too many variables that deem comparison unreliable and you can't jump to a conclusion between a 0.2 or even 0.5 second (perhaps even 1 second, depending on nature of test) differential when comparing straightline times from two sources, two tests, two sets of data. especially with these super high powered cars, where conditions can be a big factor as the target porsches are turbocharged and traction is a big issue (driver, weather conditions, tires, methodology of timing, etc.). if you look at the test data in which the m700 did 0-200km/h in 10, the 0-100km/h time of 3.9 seconds does not reflect a car which can produce 0-200km/h in 10. on this run it is probably safe to assume that the launch wasn't the best. but given the discrepancy between times, i think it is safe to make an educated assumption that the m700 would not have trouble keeping up with an enzo at speed.

i don't know how the ruf 650 3.8 compares to the m700 motor, but all i can hope for is that several publications test the ruf 650 then we can get a general ballpark idea. i believe ruf underestimates their power as well. hell they should just have a european shootout of all the street monsters: the manthey m700, ruf 3.8 650, sportec sp700, gemballa 750, 9ff 840, and psi motorsport 800. anyway, the fact that these streetdriven cars can produce such incredible numbers in itself is enough to take satisfaction. that ruf builds a streetlegal car on street tires (with a reputation of bulletproof reliability) which is comparable to the enzo is amazing.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by KompressorKev
side note but someone mentioned the manthey m700. i believe they did extensive testing on maha dyno and the m700 was tested 0-200km/h in 8.9 seconds! that's faster than zonda F which was tested around 9.2 seconds. from das einszweidrei site, there are two tests, auto motor and sport and autobild, of the enzo, which does 0-200km/h in 10.3 seconds and 10.64 seconds, respectively. however in another test, the m700 did 0-200km/h in 10.0 seconds. now i don't mean to be a bench racer as we all know that magazines really aren't a reliable source of test data in many cases. there are too many variables that deem comparison unreliable and you can't jump to a conclusion between a 0.2 or even 0.5 second (perhaps even 1 second, depending on nature of test) differential when comparing straightline times from two sources, two tests, two sets of data. especially with these super high powered cars, where conditions can be a big factor as the target porsches are turbocharged and traction is a big issue (driver, weather conditions, tires, methodology of timing, etc.). if you look at the test data in which the m700 did 0-200km/h in 10, the 0-100km/h time of 3.9 seconds does not reflect a car which can produce 0-200km/h in 10. on this run it is probably safe to assume that the launch wasn't the best. but given the discrepancy between times, i think it is safe to make an educated assumption that the m700 would not have trouble keeping up with an enzo at speed.

i don't know how the ruf 650 3.8 compares to the m700 motor, but all i can hope for is that several publications test the ruf 650 then we can get a general ballpark idea. i believe ruf underestimates their power as well. hell they should just have a european shootout of all the street monsters: the manthey m700, ruf 3.8 650, sportec sp700, gemballa 750, 9ff 840, and psi motorsport 800. anyway, the fact that these streetdriven cars can produce such incredible numbers in itself is enough to take satisfaction. that ruf builds a streetlegal car on street tires (with a reputation of bulletproof reliability) which is comparable to the enzo is amazing.
The 10 second 0-200 kph time for the M700 was caused due to lack of traction. Regarding Rufテつエs power, someone mentioned on this board that their 3.8 dynoed at 720 bhp. A believable claim if you ask me.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:49 PM

Old 11-07-2005, 02:49 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The 10 second 0-200 kph time for the M700 was caused due to lack of traction. Regarding Rufテつエs power, someone mentioned on this board that their 3.8 dynoed at 720 bhp. A believable claim if you ask me.
I would love to compare the S Car Go KA to both of the above yard sticks when it is shortly completed.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by cjv
I would love to compare the S Car Go KA to both of the above yard sticks when it is shortly completed.
And Iテつエd like to have a ride in the S Car Go KA

Old 11-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
No disrespect to the Manthey M700 (I've visited the factory and they are a great outfit), BUT the M700 is a near race car (just look at the article above), with:

Carbon doors
Perspex windows with push openings
Carbon bodywork
A trunk full of fuel pumps etc

It is a very very well tuned 996TT and can hardly be compared to an RT12 which is a RUF VIN production car in full production trim, with a/c, satnav and electric windows etc............

Guy

Old 11-07-2005, 05:04 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hmm interesting topic going on haha.. Hey Scott or anyone, the RT12 is a bit quicker or the same to the 1/4 mile as the enzo and the RT12 has a higher trap speed, that doesnt mean it will continue to pull harder, or is that where aerodynamics comes into play?

Old 11-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Typically the car with a higher trap speed is faster (Enzo in this case)...but with cars this fast it's very hard to say what would happen from a roll. I tend to think the higher revving (more time under the curve), more aerodynamic and lighter Enzo would be quicker....Crash seems to think the opposite...but there's no way to know for sure just yet.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Guy
No disrespect to the Manthey M700 (I've visited the factory and they are a great outfit), BUT the M700 is a near race car (just look at the article above), with:

Carbon doors
Perspex windows with push openings
Carbon bodywork
A trunk full of fuel pumps etc

It is a very very well tuned 996TT and can hardly be compared to an RT12 which is a RUF VIN production car in full production trim, with a/c, satnav and electric windows etc............

Guy
There have been three cars made so far. The two black cars we all know as the M700 (like youテつエve said, streetable race cars) and a third M700, in full street trim. GT2 front and rear, otherwise indiscernable from a stock Porsche, with all the creature comforts. It also weighs more, 1457 kg instead of the 1416 kg for the carbon-bodied M700. Hereテつエs the article:

http://www.autobild.de/test/neuwagen...rtikel_seite=1

I donテつエt know what the Ruf weighs, so that might also play a role. The only reason I actually brought up the M700 was precisely because of the white car. It is in my opinion one of the better looking Turbos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RUF TT in Road and track.