996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SharkMobile's New Look (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 08:34 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
sharkster,

Doesn't the water system add about fifty pounds? And isn't the water in the tank hell on weight transfer in the turns.

If you want to spool those big turbo's of your's fast, put the nitrous into the intake system with a progressive nitrous controller .............. not on the intercoolers.

Last edited by cjv; 11-06-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
sharkster,

Doesn't the water system add about fifty pounds? And isn't the water in the tank hell on weight transfer in the turns.

If you want to spool those big turbo's of your's fast, put the nitrous into the intake system with a progressive nitrous controller .............. not on the intercoolers.
Un uh! I have it coming out of my windsheild washer resevoir Might as well use it for something lol... Pump is about 3 pounds. Lines are next to nothing. So no real weight added.... I'm only using it to circumvent me getting/using crap gas and for cleaning out my injectors and plugs.

I disbanded with the nitrous idea over the intercoolers. 40 pounds extra and it lasts only a few runs... I'm going to do custom intercoolers instead. The nitrous stuff you're doing makes sense but it's more power than I want... I'm already breaking loose with all 4 at 50

Old 11-06-2005, 09:04 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
sharkster,

How long do yo think that wiper tank will last?

I don't know if things have changed much over the last two years with these water injectors. PorschePhD and myself both looked into this and decided not to use it. One of the problems at the time was the water injector located right before that sensor as shown on your pic. It was raising havoc.

Last edited by cjv; 11-06-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Banned
M3j0n is infamous around these parts
alex, it looks great, i have a few questions for you. is that front splitter CF, or just painted black? how much was it? where can i order one? and finally, is it any lower than the stock gt2 lip?

thanks! keep up the good work!

Old 11-06-2005, 09:20 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
wheels are off the hook Alex, looks great!

Old 11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hey Sharky, the nitrous intercooler sprayers really do work and i see you said you did away witht he nitrous or idea.. But honestly, if you do as planned or even get the intercooler mike i believe at cargraphic was talking about, it should be more than sufficient for running hard and cooling.. You probably already know all of this though haha, but then you can always add the nitrous sprayer to that if its not enough, hopefully that will not be the case

Old 11-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
that looks great I think... performs as good as it looks. Nice job there Alex! I think gold wheels look like pro racing wheels.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
sharkster,

How long do yo think that wiper tank will last?

I don't know if things have changed much over the last two years with these water injectors. PorschePhD and myself both looked into this and decided not to use it. One of the problems at the time was the water injector located right before that sensor as shown on your pic. It was raising havoc.
It's lasted a week which is good enough for me These things have gotten better since then.. indeed 9ff was able to make their 240mph run thanks to the same kit I have. It's dual-stage and shots a "little" at 15psi.. and then fully @ 25psi. Runs smooth as can be...

Old 11-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by M3j0n
alex, it looks great, i have a few questions for you. is that front splitter CF, or just painted black? how much was it? where can i order one? and finally, is it any lower than the stock gt2 lip?

thanks! keep up the good work!
Hey there... thanks man and drop me an Email and I'll see what I can do on the lip for you. You have to have a GT2 nose to use it though.... It is absolutely lower than the GT2 stock lip tho.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by vipertestarossa
wheels are off the hook Alex, looks great!
Thanks bud!!! We were looking at your car today.. I should say James'. Man we have plans for it...

Old 11-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by iLLM3
Hey Sharky, the nitrous intercooler sprayers really do work and i see you said you did away witht he nitrous or idea.. But honestly, if you do as planned or even get the intercooler mike i believe at cargraphic was talking about, it should be more than sufficient for running hard and cooling.. You probably already know all of this though haha, but then you can always add the nitrous sprayer to that if its not enough, hopefully that will not be the case
THey do but more in summer than winter I may just keep it hooked up for ****s and giggles tho...

Old 11-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Bri
that looks great I think... performs as good as it looks. Nice job there Alex! I think gold wheels look like pro racing wheels.
Thanks Bri! Me likey too

Old 11-06-2005, 11:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
THey do but more in summer than winter I may just keep it hooked up for ****s and giggles tho...
Haha i love the look of it on the intercooler and yea your right, its more for the summer, hot weather and heatsoak

Old 11-06-2005, 11:21 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Woman never like gold wheels....But if it's jewelry then they love it!!!!!!

Shark looks insane, completely sick man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by habitat
Woman never like gold wheels....But if it's jewelry then they love it!!!!!!

Shark looks insane, completely sick man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha so true

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SharkMobile's New Look (pics)