996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any 6 speeders want to chime in on this thread at s2ki.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Lets see someone line this thing up......

I want to see. Too bad it's not like the good old days where everyone was holding their pink.

-Eli

Old 11-09-2005, 04:55 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
I think you could beat this idiot sideways with the EVO have time to get too the finish line get out get in the 996TT and have a Coke and a smile...
Marc,

Don't take this wrong ............. it is not a put down, just my own subjective opinion. I don't know sideways at all other than he appears to be a car nut like many of us. He is pretty proud of what he has and he should be. I don't take that as him being an "idiot." The fact that it appeared to him, from his vantage point, that he beat a 996tt, was probably very exciting to him. If he thought that he beat a Metro no one would have heard a thing. The 996tt owners ought to be honored that he believes the 996tt to be a real conquest.

Far be it from me to take this joy away from anyone. Different 996tt's and different drivers would probably render a different outcome. But ............... does it really make a difference that we want to get worked up about?

respectfully ............ cjv

Old 11-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
I have no problem believing that a 500 rwhp S2000 could beat a 911 TT S. You are talking about a car a good 600 lbs. lighter with about 100 more wheel hp. But realize that this car is fully built up. It's not like you can just strap a turbo/sc kit on the car & get that kind of hp. Most of those out of the box kits, even tuned will give it around 300 whp, and still get absolutely destroyed by a stock 911 TT, let alone a Turbo S. This guy has a fully built, overboosted, custom car/engine. With enough time, work & $$$ you can get any car to put out crazy hp. This is just one of those guys that has put a butt load of $ into his car, and now he thinks he is fast. Imagine rebuilding the bottom end of the engine, modifying the turbos, all the other piping and forget 500 whp, the Porsche owner might be looking at 800 rwhp.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
My evo8 is one of those fully done cars with a full top and bottom end, rally ecu, gt35r or gt42r turbo kits- i have both.... short gears, cluth etc.... its sick fast at 40 psi on race gas. I use the evo8 for street racing cause it hooks way better... but for highway runs I like my TT.
10,000 rpms all day long

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-09-2005, 06:38 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
^ sICK!

Old 11-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Porsche vs Honda, I could give a rip if an S2000 beat a Porsche 911, it's still a Honda, it's still another car, there's only ONE Porsche!

Christian

Old 11-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeahh is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by MARKSKI
which one?... lets just say I have a daily driver that does mid 10s on street tires. no NOS. I drive it all the time.
The TT- well, I have yet to loose to a bike on a high way. 600,750, and most 1000s have a hard time. I raced against my frineds zxy 1200(2005) and I still pulled on him. but there r guys on this board faster then I. Its really hard to tell cause most guys with fast cars hang out at 7 eleven til 2 am talking **** about every car that pases by. but then most of them run out of gear at 130 mph(they r only 1/4 cars).... so I dont blame them. I on the contary start having fun at 130 mph.

Nice. Maybe I'll see your cars around the streets of Chicago.

Which 7-11?

Old 11-10-2005, 12:49 PM
craiglieberman is infamous around these parts
I posted over there...for whatever it's worth.

I just want to see the race, win or lose.

He!!, I'll race the guy in my SL600. That V12 twin turbo goes pretty good...with the chip upgrade.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:37 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by craiglieberman
I posted over there...for whatever it's worth.

I just want to see the race, win or lose.

He!!, I'll race the guy in my SL600. That V12 twin turbo goes pretty good...with the chip upgrade.
Good post and your right! Get these runs on video's, i would love to see your SL600 vs. the s2k, on the strip though im sure you and the 996tt's will eat the s2k's!

Old 11-10-2005, 02:58 PM
variable is infamous around these parts
Too bad the thread over there has gotten a bit off topic, a lot of bickering and infighting. I would love to see that race.

Old 11-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
996TT, whoever you are,

If I may be so bold, I'd like to give you an A+ in smack talking, with an extra "star" for effort with the pictures posted.

Those are quality posts there. This is how business is done. No ego, just good ol' fashion fun on an unsuspecting victim. Well done, well done.

-m

Old 11-10-2005, 07:39 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I also would like to point out that whoever "996tt" is wink you definitely handled it like a man and professional, funny how he hasent even responded yet to the thread haha...

BTW in reference to my comment about the sl600 and 996tt , I said they would eat the s2k on the strip mainly from my experience of taking cars who weren't built to put insane power out, and never getting traction even with good tire/wheel and suspension setups..

sl600 and 996tt can get off the line so damm fast and even modded with loads of power...

Last edited by iLLM3; 11-11-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Marcus Frost
996TT, whoever you are,

If I may be so bold, I'd like to give you an A+ in smack talking, with an extra "star" for effort with the pictures posted.

Those are quality posts there. This is how business is done. No ego, just good ol' fashion fun on an unsuspecting victim. Well done, well done.

-m
Originally posted by iLLM3
I also would like to point out that whoever "996tt" is wink you definitely handed it like a man and orofessional,
If 996TT were a member of this forum, Im sure he would thank both of you for your kind words.

Craig

Old 11-11-2005, 12:21 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
This is a a user's response (PLANET) TO 996tT'S POST...

QUOTE (996TT @ Nov 9 2005, 05:01 PM)
What prompted my post was the subsequent comments of certain of your brethren, who suggested that a 996TT could not possibly match up with your impressive S2000, absent “quad turbos.” At that point, I simply offered to prove otherwise.

hy·per·bo·le ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pûrb-l)
n.
A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

Seriously, do you honestly think anybody really believes your porsche needs 4 turbo's to keep up with sideways? I mean come on.

"I like those Audi A8's but the damn things weigh as much as my house"

"WTF, no they don't!!!! Your house weighs way more than an A8 you liar, now I'm going to spend the rest of this thead trying to prove it to you!!"

--- response by planet via s2k forums/board

its funny how they get to twist 996TT's words there check the last post on that thread...

Last edited by 02barebones996; 11-11-2005 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:55 AM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Heres another thread they started talking about the thread we started over here haha http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...#entry6525930. Im really not a fan of those who think that if you drive an exotic you have obtained that through your parents, that type of generalization happens way to often. There isnt much anyone can do about it, but 996TT obviously not Craig haha is handling the whole thing like a pro, smooth and professional.

-Makus-

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any 6 speeders want to chime in on this thread at s2ki.com