996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Opening engine bay with spoiler deployed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 11:41 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Opening engine bay with spoiler deployed

Will opening the engine bay with the spoiler in up position cause a problem? I did this Saturday and now it won't lower automatically or manually. Also the failure message comes on at 75 mph. It's as if the car thinks it is down. I tried cleaning the cylinders and spraying with silicone but not luck. Any thoughts???

Old 11-12-2005, 12:03 PM
tsky is infamous around these parts
I do that all the time: when I'm drying my car after a wash. I've had no problems.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:25 PM
BAD ASH is infamous around these parts
I'm not a Porsche Owner but Maybe you should check the fuse.
remove it and plug it back in.
Just an Idea, hpe it works.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:25 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Yes, remove and re-install the fuse. If you don't know which fuse it is, PM me and I'll tell ya. I had the same failure message. Reinstalling the fuse fixed it temperarilly, but eventually I'd get another failure message.

It took it to the dealer and it turns out the spoiler motor had problems. $1500.00, but the warranty covered it.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Common problem on 2001. I had a 2001 that had this issue two or three times. They finally replaced my entire instrument cluster after messing with the spoiler pistons, cleaning, modules and all of that. The new cluster for whatever reason seemed to work.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:43 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Really? Hmmmmm. Well, my spolier is still stuck up. I don't mind as it looks great that way, but I get tired of the failure warning when I hit 75mph. What to do...what to do...

Old 11-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
I have a 2001 and have raised the rear hatch wiht the spoiler raised often. No problems yet.......I wouldn't think this in itself would cause your problem?