996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sidney Pollack/SL65 Would Not Play . . . . CHP Would

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Sidney Pollack/SL65 Would Not Play . . . . CHP Would

I pulled into a gas station to get a drink, and I observed a SL65 at one of the pumps (see attached photo). As I was leaving the gas station with my drink, the SL65 pulled out right behind me and turned in the same direction. I slowed down and he pulled up next to me. We had a long stretch ahead without lights. I waited, hoping he would make a move, but he was not up for playing. I finally mashed the gas pedal and tore ahead.

The road was uphill where I mashed the gas pedal . . . about an 1/8 of a mile ahead, the road crested and proceeded downhill. My short burst of speed ended at the crest and, as I went over the crest, I slowed back down to a normal driving speed. As I was driving down the backside of the crest, my radar detector went off. Fortunately, I had already slowed down. About a 1/4 mile ahead, there was a red light. As I pulled up to the red light, a CHP officer pulled up next to me and looked my way. The SL65 pulled up next and looked over with a smile.

The CHP officer probably grabbed some dinner at Dennys, next to the gas station (a common CHP hang out), pulled out shortly after the SL65 and I left the gas station, heard (and pehaps saw) my burst of speed (my exhaust is not quiet), sped up to catch me as I disappeared over the crest, but by the time I was in his sight and he was able to radar me, I had already slowed down.

Interestingly, I am fairly sure that the driver of the SL65 was Sidney Pollack.

Craig

Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2005, 12:47 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sidney Pollack/SL65 Would Not Play . . . . CHP Would

[i]
Interestingly, I am fairly sure that the driver of the SL65 was Sidney Pollack.

Craig [/B]
I am sure you could have dusted him. I raced a couple of Chargers (neighbors) in a SL55 once on I15 to about 170. It was pretty embarassing loosing to a GT3 so bad. CHP was not invited

Old 11-20-2005, 04:24 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Sidney Pollack/SL65 Would Not Play . . . . CHP Would

Originally posted by quartermile
I am sure you could have dusted him. I raced a couple of Chargers (neighbors) in a SL55 once on I15 to about 170. It was pretty embarassing loosing to a GT3 so bad. CHP was not invited

Doesn't the SL55 top out at 155?

and

AMG 0-150 mph 23.1
GT3 0-150 mph 23.9 according to C&D

Must have been one hell of a beating

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 11-20-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:32 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
You Gotta love those SL65 Rims
Thanks for sharing your exp...

Old 11-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Sidney Pollack/SL65 Would Not Play . . . . CHP Would

Originally posted by HotRodGuy
Of course.......................that is if it's stock.

Old 11-20-2005, 04:54 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Well I assumed it was stock since he said he basically destroyed it

Even then, I find absolutely destroying pretty hard unless the guy forgot to push the gas peddle

Old 11-20-2005, 04:57 PM
braddman is infamous around these parts
Craig, that's too bad. I ran Tommy Lee once in his 355 F1, talk about slow. I had seen him a few times in Burbank and I finally caught up to him on the freeway on the way to work and beat him about 4-5 times, and that was in the old slow Silver POS. I can guarantee you that SL65 is not anywhere near fast enough to challenge you.

Old 11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Brad, welcome to 6Speed!!! When are we going to line up?

Craig

Old 11-20-2005, 05:09 PM
braddman is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Craig
Brad, welcome to 6Speed!!! When are we going to line up?

Craig
Well the clutch goes in as soon as RPS has it ready. I ordered it last week. It's going to be a Carbon/Carbon unit that is capable of handling well over 1000rwhp.

I also have a nice little wet kit to throw on the car as well, should bump the horsepower up north of 800 somewhere.

There's a dyno day tomorrow in Stanton, you should come by, there's gonna be a few cool cars there and I'm sure everyone would love to see yours as well.

All the information is here.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=326072

Oh yeah but to answer your question the second the clutch gets in there I should be good to go. Right now it slips in 5th and 6th gears on boost, so I'm giving it one more push tomorrow on the dyno then it should only be a matter of a week or two before it gets replaced.

Old 11-20-2005, 05:37 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about

and

AMG 0-150 mph 23.1

Must have been one hell of a beating
Yes I believe it would be an even race from 0 to 150MPh. In this case it was from 65 to 170 (top down) and they tried their best. The GT3 pulled away from the start. By the time I got to 170 they were probably still at 155. Then we slowed they caught up .. two thumbs up. BTW it wasn't LT .. he drives a hummer

The fastest cab I have been in was RIP Ben at 190, and another common friend saw 205MPH with him

Last edited by quartermile; 11-20-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Probably was a pair of 350+ lineman to explain the result.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:28 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !

You don't actually believe C&D times, do you?

Old 11-21-2005, 04:20 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
Brad,
(sorry off topic)
dont know if youll remember me, but this is Harris from jacksonville. Too bad you moved back to Cali, but I cant blame you.

Anyways, I used to see you Tuesday nights. For the most part, i always drove really loud Porsche Cayenne Turbo's, and then I think right before you left I had gotten into the grey C4S. Anyways, welcome to the board man.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sidney Pollack/SL65 Would Not Play . . . . CHP Would

Originally posted by teflon_jones
You don't actually believe C&D times, do you?

that time was actually in the middle of about 5 different times I found. Don't know why C&D would have faulty times

Old 11-21-2005, 01:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Craig nice story man haha.. Those SL65's are so gorgeous, i was in my friend's which is Renntech'd, and i have never had tunnel vision from or in a car before, it was the fastest thing ive been in yet, even faster than a SC viper i was in!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sidney Pollack/SL65 Would Not Play . . . . CHP Would