996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tune & excellent customer service from Markski

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Evan5469 is infamous around these parts

Hello everyone, earlier this year I purchased an 03 Turbo coupe after coming from the world of Mustangs for the past 14 years and have been a member here to learn about Porsches but, as you can tell, I don't post very often.

However, after the experience I had with Mark at 911tuning I felt compelled to share. I know mostly everyone here knows who Mark is and I'm sure that most of you have had business dealings with him at one point or another. Anyway, over the long Labor Day weekend I had Mark tune my car, thinking it was completely stock.

Mark sent me a tuner and included a boost leak tester at no additional charge. He answered every text that I sent within a few minutes, even over the weekend, on Labor Day, and after hours. He even spoke with me on the phone for over a half an hour on Labor Day to walk me through the process of downloading the tune from my car and uploading the new one.

Come to find out the "stock" tune that I thought my car had wasn't so stock. It was running rich and the timing was set very high for pump gas even though the boost level was left alone. With Mark's tune, my car idles smoothly, has great driveability, and really added a nice increase in power. I couldn't be happier and will definitely be a returning customer with Mark and 911tuning!

Old 09-10-2015, 01:22 AM
Andy Garcia is infamous around these parts
yip markski is great!!!!!always willing to help !!!

Old 09-10-2015, 09:22 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
He is always there even when it it is not his stuff!

I just installed one of his soft tube intakes yesterday and will be adding the tune in the next few days. Can't wait to see how she runs.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:35 AM
sparks is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

He's the best! when I get my 997 he will get my business again for sure.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:40 AM
alwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond reputealwaysnboost has a reputation beyond repute
Mark is amazing. Great customer service.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:42 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Evan... The car was probably tuned by some rookie.... good stuff

Last edited by MadWhip; 09-10-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !

Thanks guys for the kind words.
Evans car was asking for 18 deg of timing at peak tq and running really rich. A bit too much for my taste.
Now it's holding more boost and running like I expected.
Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Colt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really nice
My tune from Markski made a huge difference in the car's performance and drivability. Now you just need one of his exhausts!

Old 10-27-2015, 07:31 AM
Samajam is infamous around these parts
Another happy Markski customer. 3.5" ic's and tune, the car feels much more alive and smoother from idle through to full boost. I appreciate the hour or more on the phone pre purchase without any pressure and no upsell. Our weather has not been ideal for really feeling out the car but Mark has followed up many times and even shared some talking points about driving style to support durability of engine internals.

Curious thing, I had installed a catted no muffler x-pipe exhaust and it was droning under part throttle pre tune, it no longer does that. I hadn't considered tune as a contributing factor to the drone conversation and it makes me wonder what the Fabspeed that I used to have might have sounded like with appropriate engine management.

Earl

Old 10-27-2015, 11:39 AM
AdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to all
Markskis is the Man! I've had his tune for a few years and I'm very happy

Old 10-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words guys. Good Intercoolers with decent tuning and pressure testing to make sure your 02s, your Maf, and all your vacuum lines are holding , not to mention the dv area , goes a long long way. Had I known in 2001 what j know now i would never by a off the shelf the or thirds party tune. You need eyes on the car. Imagine your fpr vacuum line popping off under a tune, now your running lean. Very lean for that matter. A log will show that. A ailing Maf can be diagnosed via log values as well. The more proactive you are with your tuner and your car the better she will run.
Thanks for the kind words again
Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-28-2015, 08:49 AM
CTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond reputeCTDan has a reputation beyond repute
I've been running Markski's tune for about a year now... Can't say enough good things about him and his tune.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:53 AM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
same here, year after, car still pulls.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by MadWhip
same here, year after, car still pulls.
THanks guys. Glad its working out.