996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Collision repair help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:25 PM
kes7u is infamous around these parts
Collision repair help!

I walked to my car after eating dinner with my wife the other night to find that somebody had backed into my car and driven away. No note, no nothing.

Left me with a nice, foot wide dent in the right rear bumper. The right rear taillights are also smashed. The paint appears intact over the bumper. One of the taillight fragments gouged the adjacent paint at the superior margin of the bumper.

Now then, I need to find a high quality body shop. I called the local Porsche dealer and found out who they use, but I'm not sure if that is the best avenue. (Signature Collision)

I thought I'd post here in the hope that somebody might be able to provide a recommendation or otherwise direct me.

BTW, I live in Charleston, South Carolina. I would be willing to travel, within reason, if necessary.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Kevin

Old 11-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
We are based in Charlotte NC. We have dealt with some repairs. Depending on the damage, we may be able to help you. Email pictures to Stephen@GMPperformance.com of the damage and I can forward them to our painter. If you'd like, call me at extension 256.

Stephen

Old 11-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in Charlotte as well, and may be able to help. There are some very high end folks here that work for us and can repair most things, but I would strongly suggest you have this done locally.

There used to be a port operation in Charleston, and I'd bet some of those paint folks are still in the area.

Check with your local PCA group and get some recommendations, then have the car reviewed on site. Meet the team and see the work before you do anything.

Old 11-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Local repair is definately the way to go so that you can get any missed details addressed. There is a guy named Karl and his shop is European Road and Race. He is in Charleston and we worked with him for some SParco's in a Diablo. He runs a 944 in the local events and I think he can steer you in the right direction. The last number I have is 843-747-1342.

Let me know if it helps.

Stephen

Old 11-30-2005, 10:03 AM
kes7u is infamous around these parts
Stephen,

Thanks for the referral.

I spoke with Karl at length via telephone and he seems like a great guy. I'm taking in the this week for repair.

Kevin

Old 12-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Site Sponsor
No problem Kevin.