996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Baby Seat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Baby Seat?

Any specific or especially good fitting baby seats for the 996TT?

Old 12-03-2005, 06:17 PM
t2_996420 is infamous around these partst2_996420 is infamous around these parts
How old is the baby?? My two girls have been riding my my turbo's for 3.5 years now and they are 6.5 and 8 years old now....I can recommend some seats for that range if you like....

Old 12-03-2005, 07:02 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
I bought the Recaro one from GMP Performance. But I have seen ones made by Porsche themselves I think on the for sale forum.

Bajo

Old 12-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
1.5 and 3.5 (I would only need 1 seat). Thanks for the resources, I'll look it up.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:14 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
The Recaro ones are awesome, we sell a ton!!
Evan

Old 12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
i just bought two recaro baby seats. i am not sure they will fit 996. i have them in my S4. they are on sale for $199

http://www.recarochildseats.com/

Old 12-03-2005, 09:05 PM
desert996 is infamous around these parts
The Porsche OEM child seats are very nice. A company named Britax also makes child seats that fit the rear of the 996 for a fraction of the price.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:11 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by desert996
The Porsche OEM child seats are very nice. A company named Britax also makes child seats that fit the rear of the 996 for a fraction of the price.
I couldnt think of the name but it is Britax as said above, I think they make the ones for Porsche if I am not mistaken.
Yeah the Recaro seats are sharp looking I agree.

Bajo

Old 12-03-2005, 10:05 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
I just bought a OEM seat for $582 from my dealer, it included the seat, the air bag deactivation kit and installation of the airbag kit. It is expensive, but I have the peace of mind it will work. They had several seats to choose from. The discontinued the zoom seat, which could be switched over for bigger kids, however it did not look very good. The seat I got is good for kids 20 - 70 lbs, which covers my 2.5 and 4 year olds nicely and for awhile.

I also have a Recaro seat with speaker in the headrestraint for my 4 year old son in my wife's X5. He loves it, but it was not cheap, about $482.

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 12-03-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:26 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
I also have a Recaro seat with speaker in the headrestraint for my 4 year old son in my wife's X5. He loves it, but it was not cheap, about $482.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:30 AM
AlanS is infamous around these parts
Will the $199 Recaro Seat fit in the rear?

Does anybody know if the Recaro Seat on sale for $199 will fit in the rear seat of the 911 Turbo?

Old 12-04-2005, 07:54 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by desert996
The Britax Roundabout is the convertable one. It fits perfectly. The front seat has to be moved forwad most of the way. I had trouble finding one for the longest time, then I find it at Target of all places for only $199!

Old 12-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
get a bugaboo best investment ever!

www.bugaboo.com

Old 12-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Beavis is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Shawn C

www.bugaboo.com
Dude, that's a stroller!!

I do agree with you. We bought a Bugaboo after buying a Peg Perego piece of crap. After owning the Bugaboo for nearly two years ago, everthing else is a contraption.

What's funny is when we go places such as the mall where there is a baby store, they have them for sale and the salesperson is doing a demo to a prospestive customer. We roll up and their attention turns to us and they start asking us questions and ignore the salesperson. Of course we give a hearty endorsement of the product and tell them that for the price, there is noting better. In fact, even if you can't justify spending $700 for a stroller, find a way to make it happen.

We actually have about a grand invested in ours. We travel quite a bit (my kid is nearly two and has already been all over the world) and the transport bag is a must. After getting to the gate at the airport, we pack the stroller into it and gate check it. It gets safely stowed with the luggage and arrives safe every time.

Agreed. Great investment!

Old 12-04-2005, 10:43 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Shawn C

www.bugaboo.com
It may be the best stroller ever, but their website is horrible. It has a bunch of mis-used flash media and I can't tell crap about their products.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby Seat?