996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 Turbo Rear Wing Nut / mounting hardware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 08:27 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Houston (well, Phoenix), we have liftoff!

The prototypes have passed. Hex nut just like stock and fully lock into place with zero wiggle. Tested on stock and aftermarket blade.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:07 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
The Black Market Racing parts are finally ready. Advanced orders can be placed at www.rennkit.com/purchase

Old 02-24-2016, 04:57 PM
sshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant future
Woot! Ordered 2 sets.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:07 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
BTW - I tested the spoiler out at umm.. speed today and no issues at all with the mounts. They stayed firm and snug with the wing and the rams.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:19 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by su_maverick
BTW - I tested the spoiler out at umm.. speed today and no issues at all with the mounts. They stayed firm and snug with the wing and the rams.
I like it, a beta tester putting the wing lugs through their paces!

djcooper@rennkit.com

Old 02-29-2016, 06:56 PM
LOL, technically I was an Alpha

Old 03-10-2016, 10:53 PM
sshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant future
Got 2 sets today. Installed in OEM perfect however aftermarket wing issues.

As you can see, the threads on the nut are flush to the base and has a good 1.5 inches depth with no blockage inside the wing. OEM wings have fiberglass covering the nut that gives them about an 3mm lip before the threads. When I tighten the wing bolt in it is stopping about 3 or 4 mm from seating fully.

It's the same result on the other side with all the bolts.

Comments?

Old 03-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Have you checked with the wing manufacturer? I tested mine on the stock unit as well as a Precision Porsche Strosek wing and they worked with both.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:26 PM
This is a precision porsche gt2 wing. There is nothing that would stop the bolt from seating wing-wise. I'm thinking that the top end threads on the bolt might not be machined properly and is seizing at the last thread. I'll give precision a call tomorrow but pretty sure he's gunna agree with my assessment. I'll test with a hardware bolt (if I can find one with the same size and thread count) to see how far I can install a standard bolt in to the gt2 wing and a hardware nut to see if it will fully install on the wing bolt.

Last edited by sshrum; 03-10-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by sshrum
This is a precision porsche gt2 wing. There is nothing that would stop the bolt from seating wing-wise. I'm thinking that the top end threads on the bolt might not be machined properly and is seizing at the last thread. I'll give precision a call tomorrow but pretty sure he's gunna agree with my assessment. I'll test with a hardware bolt (if I can find one with the same size and thread count) to see how far I can install a standard bolt in to the gt2 wing and a hardware nut to see if it will fully install on the wing bolt.
do a quick check to rule out defective lugs, if the first set work fine and bottom out on the stock wing, they should work fine and bottom out on the PP GT2 wing. Otherwise you are correct that the lugs were not machined correctly. But that is a long shot.

djcooper@rennkit.com

Old 08-24-2016, 01:48 PM
TomBMR is infamous around these parts
Has anyone else received a set from us and have any feedback?