996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good news about T1R 315/25/19

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:11 AM
AdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant future
Good news about T1R 315/25/19

I have some good news to share about the Toyo T1Rs in 315/25/19 that were discontinued.

I decided to do my due diligence and call Toyo, as one of my rear tires had a bubble in it, and the tires were still listed on the Toyo website. I had already called Tire Rack and was told that there was nothing they could do as the 315/25/19 was "discontinued". Thanks... While talking to the rep at Toyo, I was inform that there was a product code change, meaning the tire isn't actually discontinued, it merely has a new SKU number and they were in stock at Toyo. I called Tire Rack and gave the rep the new SKU from Toyo. I was told they probably wouldnt be able to order me just 1 or 2 tires because it isn't a stocked SKU number, but she was going to call me in a couple days. Dang!

Well, to my shock I got a call back in less than an hour. Long story short, I got a huge thank you from the sales dept, and they are now going to be stocking the 315/25/19 T1R. Apparently when Toyo changed the SKU, no one from Tire Rack followed up with Toyo, thus the reason they thought the size was gone.

Sorry for the long post. The tires will be in stock at the Nevada warehouse late Feb, early March. Order away 6Speeders! Product code is: 125YR9T1RXLV2

Adam

Old 01-27-2016, 11:21 AM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Thanks! Was wondering what I was going to do as I just replaced my front tires and would have had to buy a whole new set when the rears were done.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:42 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
when did tire rack start selling toyo? They were hugely against it when I worked for them (toyo was for local distributers, and nitto went to the big volume national retailers)

Old 01-28-2016, 04:44 PM
AdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant futureAdamNoone has a brilliant future
Not too sure on that one. I am just a regular ole' consumer.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:41 PM
int90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to allint90 is a name known to all
Thanks for the update!

Old 02-10-2016, 05:50 PM
brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !brockster Is a GOD !
Thanks!

Old 02-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Olemiss540 is infamous around these parts
How much do these T1R's run? Still not on their website. Thanks for the update!

Old 02-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Any time guys! Good tires at a fair price point.

I believe they retail around $285 a tire. I ordered them wholesale through my dealership. If you want to buy them, you can call with the SKU I posted.

Adam

Old 02-11-2016, 11:07 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
ran those on my vette years ago. very good street tire if you don't have a ton of power. wear lasts forever and great wet grip

Old 02-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
ran those on my vette years ago. very good street tire if you don't have a ton of power. wear lasts forever and great wet grip
They have been a good tire so far. Good traction with AWD and Sams billets with most supporting mods. If I added another 100hp or so, I might switch to something more sticky.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:12 PM
clsund is infamous around these partsclsund is infamous around these parts
Good to know there are other options out there. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2016, 08:17 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AdamNoone
I have some good news to share about the Toyo T1Rs in 315/25/19 Order away 6Speeders! Product code is: 125YR9T1RXLV2 Adam
I'd never buy them again. Lousy tires. Flat spot easily. Squeal like a pig on the track, and wear fast. Yeah they are cheap.

Last edited by DaveCarrera4S; 02-11-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:58 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
I'd never buy them again. Lousy tires. Flat spot easily. Squeal like a pig on the track, and wear fast. Yeah they are cheap.

700 slicks will flat spot if you cant drive. don't blame the tires ;-)

Old 02-12-2016, 06:28 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1

700 slicks will flat spot if you cant drive. don't blame the tires ;-)
The Toyo flat spotting is from the car sitting for more than a week. That's the opposite of driving. Still blaming the tires. ;-)

Old 02-13-2016, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
The Toyo flat spotting is from the car sitting for more than a week. That's the opposite of driving. Still blaming the tires. ;-)
Oh. Lol. Thought you meant from spinning out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good news about T1R 315/25/19