996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2001 996tt Boost Gauge ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 03:24 PM
george_b is infamous around these parts
2001 996tt Boost Gauge ?

OK, so the boys at Rennlist couldn't help me so i'll make a fool of myself here as well.

Some how I lost the boost gauge on my display. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get it back. What do I have to do so it displays again ?

Thanks,
George

Old 02-02-2016, 03:58 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
you lost boost gauge? what do you mean? it shows 0.0 bar all the time? I dont understand

Old 02-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Boost Gauge

No, I mean it doesn't display on the dash. It used to but I've lost it somehow.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:06 PM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
The owners manual shows how to navigate display modes.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:21 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Same thing happened to me once.. just fiddled with it and was able to find the settings to get it back. Was able to set it up for boost, outside temp, and gas range.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:27 PM
IITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to allIITURBO is a name known to all
Just use the stalk to toggle through the different displays until you see 0.0

Old 02-02-2016, 04:31 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
yeah , you would loose everything like nothing would display on the bottom at all -

check owners manual how to display bar 0.0

Old 02-02-2016, 05:05 PM
???

I've read the manual (page 77) and I understand the stick. I can cycle through the Outside air temp, Avg Speed, Avg Comp, and range. then it goes back to Outside Air again. it skips the boost. Do I have to somehow turn one of the others off to get the boost back ?

Old 02-02-2016, 05:57 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Weird. Upload a video of your actions.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:29 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
I had heard somewhere (or maybe saw it in the options) that you can do something with the durametric to disable / enable boost on the gauge.

Have you had a durametric in the car.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Boost Gauge

LQQK,

I thought maybe you were on to something there, I do have a durametric tool. I hooked it up when I got home from work today, but didn't see anywhere that I could turn it on or off. there has to be some little magic trick that I am missing. But i'll be darned if I can find it.

George

Old 02-03-2016, 07:03 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
Found this link:

http://www.durametric.com/versionhistory.aspx

"In this version, a problem with the OBC enable and boost gauge on the 996TT is resolved. An option to re-enable the boost gauge on these models is included with this release."

I think you have to go to the activations menu on the gauge selection on the durametric

Old 02-08-2016, 07:20 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Pull the lever in to switch modes on the display. Boost is one of them.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:38 PM
Update, What I've discovered so far seems to indicate that when I ran the durametric tool it some how decided that I in had a non Turbo instrument cluster. and turned off the boost gauge. And now when I go back into the durametric tool it won't let me turn the boost gauge back on because it thinks I have a not turbo instrument cluster.

Here is a similar post on Rentech with the same issue. I hope Durametric can help me out here.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...o-boost-gauge/

Regards,
George

Old 06-09-2020, 06:41 PM
boyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really niceboyg is just really nice
Originally Posted by george_b
Update, What I've discovered so far seems to indicate that when I ran the durametric tool it some how decided that I in had a non Turbo instrument cluster. and turned off the boost gauge. And now when I go back into the durametric tool it won't let me turn the boost gauge back on because it thinks I have a not turbo instrument cluster.

Here is a similar post on Rentech with the same issue. I hope Durametric can help me out here.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...o-boost-gauge/

Regards,
George
Sorry for pushing up an old thread, but did you figure this out finally? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2001 996tt Boost Gauge ?