996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

preferred tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
I have had three sets of PS2s on 996TTs. I just ordered a set of AD07s fr the hell of it. I will let you guys know what I think.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:09 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Doug H
I have had three sets of PS2s on 996TTs. I just ordered a set of AD07s fr the hell of it. I will let you guys know what I think.
Awesome. I'm really looking fwd to seeing how they compare to the PS2s.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:14 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Yes, I used to have YOKO 008s and they were fantastic! Please let us know Doug! TIA.

Old 12-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
My Dad and I are using Advan A048R on both of our cars. His is a TT. One of the better R compound tires i have driven on. Grips really well. I think the grip is actually better than A032R by quite a bit from previous experience.

IF you want street tires, I also heard many great things about PS2 but never tried them myself. I heard the new TOYO T1R is a really nice tire as i have a set of T1S on another car in our family and it has been a good tire so far.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:36 PM
calcareer is infamous around these parts
A lot of my friends are saying that the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires are even better than the MPS2's.

Damon fron Tire Rack, what is your experience with these tires considering they are the top rated tire in Tire Rack's online survey with over 10 million miles logged?

Old 12-12-2005, 08:01 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
The GS-D3 is definitely the best tire Goodyear has ever made. Dry traction comparable to anything else in the class and superior hydroplane resistance. The tread grooves run a full 30% around the tire, which make them water "pumps" and work very well when raining hard. In the rain they are better than PS2, Rosso, Sport Contact 2 and are a bit better than the S-03. Treadlife is above average and noise seems to stay down pretty well over the couse of their lifespan. Definitely recommended.

As for the AD07, It's a performance street tire (unlike the A032R) and initial tests by us place it ABOVE the PS2 in dry traction testing. Steering feedback is extremely linear and wet weather traction is good, but still untested by us against its competition. We were blown away by how good this tire was on the track and it will definitely hold its own against anything else out there. Because it's still a new tire I don't have much wear/noise feedback yet, but I expect it to be typical Yokohama - grip like glue but wear faster and become noisy. Time and more testing will tell.

Watch our websight for future reviews.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 12-12-2005, 08:20 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Damon-

FYI, the Tirerack website lists only 9 tire options for a 2001 911 Turbo when searching by vehicle. It left off PS2 and the GS-D3, and has only one Pirelli listed. There may be other omissions.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
PZero Corsa System and Pilot Sport Cups is what I run on the street.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:05 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 sound nice, but it doesn't come in a 295/30 18. I like the idea of better wet traction. How do the PS2's do in the rain?

Old 12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by damon@tirerack
The GS-D3 is definitely the best tire Goodyear has ever made. Dry traction comparable to anything else in the class and superior hydroplane resistance. The tread grooves run a full 30% around the tire, which make them water "pumps" and work very well when raining hard. In the rain they are better than PS2, Rosso, Sport Contact 2 and are a bit better than the S-03. Treadlife is above average and noise seems to stay down pretty well over the couse of their lifespan. Definitely recommended.

As for the AD07, It's a performance street tire (unlike the A032R) and initial tests by us place it ABOVE the PS2 in dry traction testing. Steering feedback is extremely linear and wet weather traction is good, but still untested by us against its competition. We were blown away by how good this tire was on the track and it will definitely hold its own against anything else out there. Because it's still a new tire I don't have much wear/noise feedback yet, but I expect it to be typical Yokohama - grip like glue but wear faster and become noisy. Time and more testing will tell.

Watch our websight for future reviews.
Definitely have noise. I started another thread about AD07. I actually like the tire and it seems that this tire will probably outgrip the PS2s. They rides very nice. Firm, but comfortable if possible. Happy with your recomendation even though I am a big PS2 fan. Looking forward to pushing these suckers and seeing how well they will do.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by calcareer
A lot of my friends are saying that the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires are even better than the MPS2's.

Damon fron Tire Rack, what is your experience with these tires considering they are the top rated tire in Tire Rack's online survey with over 10 million miles logged?
I did not like F1s. I thought the PS2s were a much better tire. I like the F1s over PZerro, but not as much as the PS2s. F1 may be better in wet, but not in dry.