996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Silicone hoses worth the $$?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Silicone hoses worth the $$?

Are they really necessary for the average turbo or are they really just for extreme high boost applications? Anyone end up "needing" them at the 600hp and under level?
I want to know.....kinda expensive (for me)if it's mostly unnecesary........

Chris Barton

Old 12-07-2005, 08:30 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
You have a Stage 3 FVD upgrade then I would def. say yes get them, sometimes they collapse under boost and you lose power but when you check them after driving they seem fine. Silicone hose's will prevent that. I dont know how many miles you have on the originals but I would (and will) change mine this hibernation period.
FWIW, its a piece of mind to say the least.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Re: Silicone hoses worth the $$?

Originally posted by Turbochris
Are they really necessary for the average turbo or are they really just for extreme high boost applications? Anyone end up "needing" them at the 600hp and under level?
I want to know.....kinda expensive (for me)if it's mostly unnecesary........

Chris Barton
We do utilize our 5-piece boost hose kit for all of our high HP cars because the stock hoses are prone to cracking, splitting, or just blowing right off. If you are running close to a stock car, the need for aftermarket hoses isn't as great. However, you still can run into the situation where you could be leaking boost if you have a damaged stock hose. The stock hoses are made out of rubber, and we all know that rubber does not really stand up the elements like some other materials do. Our kit is a silicone kit and has been tested up to 950+ HP, and wouldn't you know it, we have them on sale this month!

Check out our sale section on the main Porsche page and let me know if you have any other questions.......

www.evoms.com

Nate@EVO

Old 12-07-2005, 11:38 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
The other thing that I noticed is you have a 2001... well in 2002 they actually upgraded them slightly from the factory (since they were so prone to coming off) and even with less HP and a 2001 I would recommend them

Old 12-08-2005, 12:21 AM
super996TT is infamous around these parts
Testing

Old 12-08-2005, 03:37 AM
papasuperman is infamous around these parts
it is a good upgrade if you have high boost application.
my friend's 98 1.8t A4 with a chip had hose problem at peak boost already.

just to be safe side it is a good upgrade.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Silicone hoses worth the $$?

Yeah, that's what made me ask the question!! Haha, nothing like a sale to make me pull the trigger.........let's see, hoses, headers, don't know if the DV's have been upgraded yet....got to pick up the car next week so I can check it to see what else I will need.........

Chris

Originally posted by Nate@EVO
We do utilize our 5-piece boost hose kit for all of our high HP cars because the stock hoses are prone to cracking, splitting, or just blowing right off. If you are running close to a stock car, the need for aftermarket hoses isn't as great. However, you still can run into the situation where you could be leaking boost if you have a damaged stock hose. The stock hoses are made out of rubber, and we all know that rubber does not really stand up the elements like some other materials do. Our kit is a silicone kit and has been tested up to 950+ HP, and wouldn't you know it, we have them on sale this month!

Check out our sale section on the main Porsche page and let me know if you have any other questions.......

www.evoms.com

Nate@EVO