996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT interior question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:18 AM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
BTDT
I am lucky enough to have a mechanic trained by the factory who had swapped 3 entire interiors in the past. Toughest part is the dash, IMO.

I've slowly been selling off the beige leather parts and wood stuff.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4817.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	439831   Click image for larger version

Name:	massexi.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	439832  

Last edited by techweenie; 02-10-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
I know some like the wood trim, but going from tan/wood to black/yellow totally transform that car. Looks great!

Old 02-10-2016, 03:28 PM
takenotes996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by techweenie
BTDT
I am lucky enough to have a mechanic trained by the factory who had swapped 3 entire interiors in the past. Toughest part is the dash, IMO.

Came out really nice where did you source the dash form have been finding good amount of stuff that I would need but still have not found a black dash

Old 02-12-2016, 06:36 PM
cdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by takenotes996tt
Came out really nice where did you source the dash form have been finding good amount of stuff that I would need but still have not found a black dash
03 up dashes are harder to find, the 03 down is interchangeable, but you lose the cup holder/ drink spiller, and the glovebox. Lots of those out there for not much.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 PM
cdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to all
Keep in mind the 986 dashes are the same, if you don't know that already

Old 02-12-2016, 06:48 PM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
LA Porsche Dismantlers. Had the help of Kevin from UMW to push them to get every last part for the changeover (a LOT of parts). Still selling off some of the tan leather 10 months later... The dash change was in '02, if you want the glove box. Be aware there are vinyl dashes out there, and some sellers cannot tell the difference. A backup source for me was an eBay seller called qualityporscheparts in AZ.

Thank you, Mr. Road King for the kind words. Got my CA black plate today, so the esthetic stuff is done for a bit.

Last edited by techweenie; 02-12-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:06 AM
macmann is infamous around these parts
The black looks so much better on yellow.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:13 AM
nitrorocket is infamous around these parts
Does someone sell a kit for converting or replacing the wood grain pieces? Or just stick on covers...

Originally Posted by Road King
I know some like the wood trim, but going from tan/wood to black/yellow totally transform that car. Looks great!

Old 02-13-2016, 09:18 AM
e8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the roughe8_pack is a jewel in the rough
I saw a really nice blue leather interior on a white car. But I just wasn't sure how long I could live with it, especially on resale. Porsche did some Corker's though, all that money to buy a new Porsche didn't mean you have good taste!

Old 02-13-2016, 01:01 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
BTDT

HUGE improvement. Looks great. That old interior

Old 02-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by nitrorocket
Does someone sell a kit for converting or replacing the wood grain pieces? Or just stick on covers...
Well, the non-wood parts are readily available on eBay... and some people still want the wood (which is real wood from Porsche, not stick on stuff). I've sold all of my burl wood except for the dash end vents and the upper console frame with the tiny wood strip at the bottom.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:16 AM
takenotes996tt is infamous around these parts
LA Porsche Dismantlers. Had the help of Kevin from UMW to push them to get every last part for the changeover (a LOT of parts). Still selling off some of the tan leather 10 months later... The dash change was in '02, if you want the glove box. Be aware there are vinyl dashes out there, and some sellers cannot tell the difference. A backup source for me was an eBay seller called qualityporscheparts in AZ.

Thank you, Mr. Road King for the kind words. Got my CA black plate today, so the esthetic stuff is done for a bit.
By any chance do you still have that long list ! Would left to read over it to get a idea.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:58 AM
By any chance do you still have that long list ! Would left to read over it to get a idea.
I used PET. All the parts available in colors are easy to spot, because the parts that vary in color are described in the right column with color names, Porsche uses suffixes on the parts to denote color.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:23 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Good lord, that beige and wood? yarf! The after looks great!.

Who ordered that new and paid extra for the wood, seriously. Probably an old fat man or something.

BTDT