996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where's a good place in Southern California to do a PPI & service for an '01 996TT ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Sorcerer
One word... ANDIAL
If I needed a car checked out in SOCAL Dieter is the only guy I would call.
This is perhaps true for the air-cooled cars. Andial is still stuck in the pre-watercooled era, though they do good work for these older cars.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Craig,

I hope SG is hooking you up for all that time you spent writing that response.
No hook up Tyson . . . I don't think SG is even aware of my post. I pay full retail, just like everyone else. I was just sick and tired of the underhanded gamesmenship. I suspect you would do the same if the campaign was directed at Protomotive. Moreover, I have read many a post from you recommending Protomotive, notwithstanding their non-sponsor status, and I'm confident Protomotive did not hook you up in response. Given my familiarity with the facts, drafting the post did not take much time at all.

BTW, I see that, 3 minutes ago, you recommended a non-forum sponsor -- Premier Sportscar Service in Las Vegas -- for Moton shocks, even though several forum sponsors sell and install Motons ( https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...363#post460363 ). I'm confident that Mike Smith will not take exception.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 12-13-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Craig, relax... it was a joke. I did not take issue with your defending SG, did I? Didn't know you took all this **** so seriously.

FYI, Protomotive did hook me up a bit for having their prototype car and for the great publicity I got them.

Yes, I do recommend Premier Sportscar Service because Kent was the lead technician for White Lightning Racing, and has 3 Le Mans victories under his belt. His shop is also the official prep facility for Petersen/White Lightning racing. Who ELSE can say that on this board?

Old 12-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Craig, relax... it was a joke. I did not take issue with your defending SG, did I? Didn't know you took all this **** so seriously.

FYI, Protomotive did hook me up a bit for having their prototype car and for the great publicity I got them.

Yes, I do recommend Premier Sportscar Service because Kent was the lead technician for White Lightning Racing, and has 3 Le Mans victories under his belt. His shop is also the official prep facility for Petersen/White Lightning racing. Who ELSE can say that on this board?
Tyson, we BOTH need to relax. I was NOT criticizing you one iota!! I understood the genesis of your comments. I'm sorry if my response conveyed the wrong message.

I have no problem whatsoever with you recommending non-forum sponsor Premier. To the contrary, if they have your seal of approval, I'm confident that they are an outstanding shop. Thanks for the info!

Craig

Old 12-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Banned
toddstacky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Craig
No hook up Tyson . . . I don't think SG is even aware of my post. I pay full retail, just like everyone else. I was just sick and tired of the underhanded gamesmenship. I suspect you would do the same if the campaign was directed at Protomotive. Moreover, I have read many a post from you recommending Protomotive, notwithstanding their non-sponsor status, and I'm confident Protomotive did not hook you up in response. Given my familiarity with the facts, drafting the post did not take much time at all.

BTW, I see that, 3 minutes ago, you recommended a non-forum sponsor -- Premier Sportscar Service in Las Vegas -- for Moton shocks, even though several forum sponsors sell and install Motons ( https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...363#post460363 ). I'm confident that Mike Smith will not take exception.

Craig
Hello Mr. Soapbox, Relax don't do it.......

Happy Holidays to All....

Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Back to the topic.

I think a good PPI should be about 2-3 hrs. That would be around $300-350. Getting a list of things that is covered in PPI is key. A $150 PPI is pretty much a 15-20 pt check which is rather useless and can be done by yourself easily. Spend a few hundred to ensure you verify no accident history and find out any mechanical issues.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:28 PM
girthboy is infamous around these parts
Thanks. Where is a good place to service a turbo near Southern Cali , san fernando valley perferred or nearby Orange county when the need arises? Is speed gallery good?

Old 12-14-2005, 03:43 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
SFV - Speed Gallery
WLA - Lucent
Southbay - Callas Rennsport
OC - GMG, Hergesheimer

Congrats on your new car.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:51 PM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
Craig makes a VERY good point. BTW-Randy and Dennis Aase have one of the finest, pure Porsche Race Teams ANYWHERE & they're in L.A. BTW-they don't do ANY street work-M havefunbeniceorshutthef**kupdriveporsche.