996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Camber Plate Bushing Recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 06:07 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Camber Plate Bushing Recommendations

The bushings in my stock camber plates are shot. I have PSS10's and my car is a dedicated street car (no track use), so I don't need any additional camber adjustment.

Given this what are the options to replace this bushing with a more robust bushing? I like the option below, but it may only be for the non-turbo cars.

http://www.elephantracing.com/suspen...ngs.htm#prod_4

I also like the option below, but again it may only be for the non-turbo cars.

http://www.elephantracing.com/suspen...n-bearings.htm

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Old 03-07-2016, 06:58 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Yeah, I think those are only for 2WD cars and not TT. Elephant and Tarett both make camber plates for our cars and they are actually not priced too bad compared to buying new oem top mounts but of course you will loose the rubber/total silence of the stock stuff. Also, in my research the Tarret units from my understanding increase overall front ride height about 1/4" and increase your base camber by about -1 while the Elephant units only increase range of adjustment.

I'm on H&R Street coilovers and I went with new oem hats, also street car and I'm happy with the setup. From what I have read the aftermarket plates make minimal difference in NVH but for a street car I doubt we would ever appreciate the benefits anyway.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:56 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
For street stick with OEM...

Old 03-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
The issue with the stock bushing is it's just going to fall apart again in under 50,000 miles. It's like wasting $600.

Plus, the more robust aftermarket strut/camber plates are under $600.

Later, Steve

Old 03-07-2016, 12:21 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
I seriously considered doing the aftermarket plates for the same reason. I think it's really a combination of miles and years though...if they last me another 13 years I'm good with that

Old 03-07-2016, 12:24 PM
993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !
I like the Elephant Racing design as its fully weather-sealed, haven't researched it yet but don't think the Tarett AWD version is...

Old 03-07-2016, 12:29 PM
I would have likely gone with the Elephant versions too because of that and they don't alter ride height or increase base camber...again, from what I understand re these plates and speaking with both manufacturers.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Anyone know of any options other than the ones below?

Stock
Elephant Racing
Tarett Engineering

Old 03-07-2016, 01:20 PM
xmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
For street stick with OEM...
Hi pwdrhound, what are some disadvantages of going with Monoball Camber Plates for street driving?

Old 03-07-2016, 01:22 PM
xmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant futurexmaciek82x has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Steve Jarvis
Anyone know of any options other than the ones below?

Stock
Elephant Racing
Tarett Engineering
Rennline makes them too for Turbos.

http://www.rennline.com/Front-Monoba...111-996C4FSMT/

Old 03-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by xmaciek82x
Rennline makes them too for Turbos.

http://www.rennline.com/Front-Monoba...111-996C4FSMT/
Not anymore, I emailed them.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
I had Ground Control make me some for my KWv3. Not a choice thats talked about much for our cars but they were really great to work with and I have no complaints about the product.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by Aktavate
I had Ground Control make me some for my KWv3. Not a choice thats talked about much for our cars but they were really great to work with and I have no complaints about the product.

Those don't appear to have the correct angle needed for the awd cars. Have you installed them yet?

Here's the rwd bushing, which is straight.

Here's the awd bushing, which is at an angle to allow the strut to clear the front axle.

Here's the stock awd strut bushing for comparison.

Later, Steve

Last edited by Steve Jarvis; 03-08-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Here's quick update of what I've found.

Elephant Racing does offer all options for the awd cars.

1. Replacement bushing (re-uses the stock camber plate)
- Super low price (14% of the cost of the stock plates)
- Same stock NVH
- Same as stock alignment
- Will wear out just as quick as stock
- Installation may be a pain, as the stock rubber has to be removed and the new bushing pressed into the plate.

2. Monoball cartridge that mounts into the stock camber plate
- Installation may be a pain, as the stock rubber has to be removed
- Improved strut positioning
- Increased NVH
- Stock alignment
- Longer life
- A lot more expensive (but still only 65% of the cost of the stock plates)

3. Adjustable Camber Plates
- Completely replaces the stock plates
- No additional work to install
- Improved strut positioning
- Increased NVH
- Stock alignment, plus additional range
- Longer life
- Almost as expensive as the stock parts, but A LOT higher quality (10% more expensive than the stock plates)

I haven't made up my mind on which direction I'm going to go right now. A least it's nice to know Elephant Racing is giving us choices.

Later, Steve

Old 03-08-2016, 07:11 AM
Interesting, I had contacted Elephant regarding the camber plates only. Had I known it was possible to use their replacement bushings on TT I would have probably gone that route and saved some $$!!

Good luck whichever way you decide to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Camber Plate Bushing Recommendations