996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Manthey Racing Factory visit ( pics inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by quartermile
I agree it looks more conventional. I'd probably have more trouble with the unconvential center seating rather than the mirror placement. Sickest car ever? dunno. That car's claim to fame was having the wolrd 233MPH record for a production car which was broken by both a GT3 and the Koenigsegg.
Yes, but neither the Koenigsegg nor the 9ff car can claim an overall win at Le Mans with minimal modification (mostly bodywork, like that yellow one in the picture).

That's what you call a ****ing supercar.

McLaren is one of the greatest cars ever made, and always will be remembered as such. The 9ff GT3's aero is nowhere close to the level of sophistication of the McLaren. Gordon Murray recently wrote an analysis of the Bugatti Veyron. In there, he claimed that with a turbocharged motor putting out the same power as the Veyron, the MacF1 would hit more like 280mph.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:16 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Schuepbach
awesome pictures, I didnt know that GM had a performance center near the ring, that would explain why i swore i saw the new Z06 in Nurburg this summer.
they finally jumped the ocean like many manufacturers have done. Most of their new Z06 pre-production testing was done on the ring

how did hte Z you saw hold up?

Old 12-17-2005, 01:17 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I agree it looks more conventional. I'd probably have more trouble with the unconvential center seating rather than the mirror placement. Sickest car ever? dunno. That car's claim to fame was having the wolrd 233MPH record for a production car which was broken by both a GT3 and the Koenigsegg.
yea, 12 years later

Old 12-17-2005, 01:35 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Life Dies
Those mirrors were desinged on the prototype cars and made it to very few production models. They look like **** compared to the later cars.

LM:

Isn't this just the sickest car ever?
I would have to agree, Enzo is so damm hot too though

Old 12-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
With all do respect, you can not put the GT3 in the same category not matter the level of modification. The koeningegg wasn't built with near the level of intended function as the McLaren F1. It remains the greatest supercar in the world, IMO. When I say sickest I am not referring to top speed and that was only it's claim to fame amoung people who didn't fully understand.

Last edited by Life Dies; 12-17-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:03 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
With all do respect, you can not put the GT3 in the same category not matter the level of modification. The koeningegg wasn't built with near the level of intended function as the McLaren F1. It remains the greatest supercar in the world, IMO. When I say sickest I am not referring to top speed.
You are 100% correct

Old 12-17-2005, 02:25 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold

With all do respect, you can not put the GT3 in the same category not matter the level of modification. The koeningegg wasn't built with near the level of intended function as the McLaren F1. It remains the greatest supercar in the world, IMO. When I say sickest I am not referring to top speed and that was only it's claim to fame amoung people who didn't fully understand.
I totally agree with you Chris!

Quartermile... The McLaren F1 has a top speed of 240.1mph, not 233mph.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
I think the official top speed is 231 for the base-production vehicle. 240 may have been achieved with some aerodynamic modifications.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm still amazed that we all continue to argue w/ QM given the majority of his posts

Old 12-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned
God damnit Scott, it's the fookin' interweb.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:58 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Life Dies,

It is restricted by the rev limiter to a top speed of 231mph.

Remove the limiter and say hello to 240.1.

Please don't try this at home. That speed was attained by a professional on a closed course under controlled conditions.

Greg A

Old 12-17-2005, 03:14 PM
God damnit Scott, it's the fookin' interweb.

I'm curious as to how many of us would actually take a modified GT3 over a F1, or hell, if any of us would have a car we'd take over a F1

Old 12-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Banned
Hmmm... honestly, no. I'd rather spend a month driving an F1 than a lifetime of owning a GT3.

BTW: Thanks for the info Teflon.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:26 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
F1 for me please.

Old 12-17-2005, 04:03 PM
BAD ASH is infamous around these parts
awsome pics, love the Manthey wheels and the wing for the 997.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Manthey Racing Factory visit ( pics inside)