996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UW Inconel 3" race exhaust...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 11:21 AM
splitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond reputesplitime has a reputation beyond repute
I really need to try to retrofit my current exhaust with anti-drone chambers...

Old 06-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996tt550hp
Damn thats great. My exhaust is the inconel 3inch but catless and i have drone. Theres no way around it once you go catless.

Not true, I have a 3" catless protomotive system on my car and there is not one single hint of Drone anywhere. I dreamt about such a thing and I found it. I busted Tod ***** and several other exhaust makers too about giving me a money back guarantee on my satisfaction and he was the only one that would put his money where his product was. The sound of my Protomotive exhaust is dreamy, 99% of other turbo exhaust I have heard sound less pleasing yet drone.

Now Todds exhaust does not look anywhere near as nice as Chris's. Chris was not making his system when I bought mine.

I myself would not do Inconel. The nice thing about the heavier / thicker stainless is it keeps more of the sound the exhaust makes inside the pipes and directed out the back for a quieter in car experience.

My 3" system throws a lot of noise out the back, when I park in my wifes apartments underground stall and start the car in the morning the place just booms with echos, people walking inside usually plug their ears and scowl at me!

Old 06-23-2016, 01:14 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
The want is strong! I love my UW exhaust! To have it out of Inconel would be nutty.

I had my exhaust shipped to my Porsche dealer when I was out of the country for a few months before I did my install and when I came back they literally did have it hanging on the wall in the showroom. Chris is the man!

Old 06-23-2016, 10:35 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Pwdrhound, does you SS UW exhaust have "anti-dronez" (as they call them) AKA 1/4 wave resonators? And could you comment about how loud they are in regular driving

UW SS with "anti dronez" were first choice by a long shot but decided to go the Kline route for less noise (keep the lady and baby happy) and more refined sound. Well that, and Sambo@ByDesign worked out a phenomenal deal for me.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:51 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FNG
Pwdrhound, does you SS UW exhaust have "anti-dronez" (as they call them) AKA 1/4 wave resonators? And could you comment about how loud they are in regular driving

UW SS with "anti dronez" were first choice by a long shot but decided to go the Kline route for less noise (keep the lady and baby happy) and more refined sound. Well that, and Sambo@ByDesign worked out a phenomenal deal for me.
Yes, all of the UW exhaust have the 1/4 wave resonators. This is my SS below with HJS 5" 100cell race cats and small straight flow through mufflers prior to the tips. The wavy pipes are the resonators. The exhaust is very pleasant and quiet inside, actually easier on the ears than my RUF exhaust which was basically an OEM exhaust with 100 cell race cats. The UW exhaust certainly has less drone than the RUF, actually none. Even a stock exhaust has a very slight hint of drone in my opinion. On the outside the UW is relatively loud from what I understand but not in the car.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rytLAg]

Old 06-23-2016, 11:53 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Inside is quiet, outside..... not so much No mufflers, mine does have cats however. You can listen to the stereo inside pretty easily IMO.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:26 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Just received the exhaust and as usual the craftsmanship is phenomenal. Due to several other higher priority high $$ projects, I've decided to stick with my SS Unobtainium for now and as such I'm offering the Inconel/Ti for sale. It is brand new and still packed up in the box. Here is a chance for someone to grab one of these at a substantial discount and without the 6+ month wait to get one constructed.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4541083

Old 07-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
keep it and sell the s/s unit!!!!

Old 08-04-2016, 03:36 PM
jason952 is infamous around these parts
When you run catless on these cars, best to use a spacer or something to avoid an error code?