996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Those BBS Wheels....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 PM
paso1 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by iLLM3
So there's no turbo fitment??
You can use them, but you will need a spacer on the rears.

I emailed Bill at Rennworks. The wheel on the picture above only comes in Magnesium.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
Originally posted by teflon
Cary,

I'm not saying you're wrong, b/c you certainly are the man, but according to Manthey, their magnesium road wheels are made specifically for them by BBS Motorsport and it is the first time Motorsport has honored such a request.

Greg A
Greg, If you are a race team and order 20 wheels or more of the one piece wheels BBS Motorsport has and will make any size and offset you want. When they say "road wheels" that would have to be a TUV/DOT wheel and the racing mag wheels are not. They might be talking about the inexpensive cast wheel or their wheel might have a slightly different offset. The price shown on here aren't bad and if Bill can import them for that I would cerntainly talk to him first. I met him at SEMA this year and he seems to be a really nice and helpful guy. Again, I dont know about the exact size and widths but the supercup wheels from BBS Motorsports are very close to the same if not the same.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:26 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by paso1
You can use them, but you will need a spacer on the rears.

I emailed Bill at Rennworks. The wheel on the picture above only comes in Magnesium.
Ahhh i see.. Dammit i with they made those GT2's in turbo fitment, wont it still look a little weird with spacers, or is offset the same?

Old 12-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
Ahhh i see.. Dammit i with they made those GT2's in turbo fitment, wont it still look a little weird with spacers, or is offset the same?
it will look a little wierd cause those wheels are ugly. reminds of stock CSL's wheels, but with a fake center lock. there are so many other lightweight wheels that fit the TT and look good doing it

Old 12-20-2005, 08:55 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Cary Eisenlohr
Greg, ...When they say "road wheels" that would have to be a TUV/DOT wheel and the racing mag wheels are not. They might be talking about the inexpensive cast wheel or their wheel might have a slightly different offset...

Cary,

I can't seem to find any info on whether this wheel is TUV approved or not, but I'm quite certain they were referring to their forged magnesium wheel. So maybe it is a different offset or something.

I've attached a pic. You should be able to see that it says "Forged Magnesium BBS for Manthey Motors" on the edge of the wheel.

I honestly don't know what the deal is with this wheel. Maybe Rennworx can shed some light on this?

Greg A

Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Johnfromjersey
it will look a little wierd cause those wheels are ugly. reminds of stock CSL's wheels, but with a fake center lock. there are so many other lightweight wheels that fit the TT and look good doing it
Noo John i was talking about the BBS GT2's haha, those other ones i love though, i know youd ont after the CH's on my M3 haha , all good

Old 12-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
Noo John i was talking about the BBS GT2's haha, those other ones i love though, i know youd ont after the CH's on my M3 haha , all good
my fault..you qouted Arling who was listing prices on the Manthey BBS wheels. which are the CSL type ones. which ones are the Gt2's again?

putting a fake center lock in place of a center cap should be illegal...cheese

Old 12-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Johnfromjersey
my fault..you qouted Arling who was listing prices on the Manthey BBS wheels. which are the CSL type ones. which ones are the Gt2's again?

putting a fake center lock in place of a center cap should be illegal...cheese
LOL, the GT2's are the original ones posted in this thread, they are like the LM's with more rounded and were just made in magnesium centers, Sharky's. Here's a pic

Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
yummy!

Old 12-21-2005, 01:35 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I love cleaning and detailing these wheels.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !

Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2005, 03:07 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by oak
I love cleaning and detailing these wheels.
That's why you and ONLY you can win the people's choice awards

Seriously though I gave up cleaning those things...

Old 12-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
What wheels are on the white 996, Champion's ??

Old 12-22-2005, 05:03 AM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
EXACTLY!! The wheels on their cup car (the blue and white GMG car just above) are not the Manthey's but the motorsport wheels.. I think they look pretty much the same don't they?? I swear I'm not trying to take business from Manthey I just think they are basically the same wheels.

The Wheels on the GT2 are Champion 19's Fabryce post a picture of the GT2 with the new 5 spoke 18's ...... please

PS I have to agree the fake center locks just don't cut it.....

Last edited by Cary Eisenlohr; 12-22-2005 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Cary Eisenlohr
EXACTLY!! The wheels on their cup car (the blue and white GMG car just above) are not the Manthey's but the motorsport wheels.. I think they look pretty much the same don't they?? I swear I'm not trying to take business from Manthey I just think they are basically the same wheels.

The Wheels on the GT2 are Champion 19's Fabryce post a picture of the GT2 with the new 5 spoke 18's ...... please

PS I have to agree the fake center locks just don't cut it.....
I loved the manthey's in the picture, but on the car they arent too hot. Champions are way nicer, but also the others are a one piece!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Those BBS Wheels....