996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Those BBS Wheels....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Here are the wheels that Carey was talking about

I am pleased to annouce that GMG is the exclusive distributor of this wheel for Champion Motorsport.

These wheels are made specifically for the GT2 although they will fit the 996TT.

Sizes are 18x 8.5 front
18x 12.0 rear

Made of Magnesium

The pictures do not do the wheels justice- You really need to see them up close- Also available in a seal gray.

You can see the wheels up close and personal at the 2006 LA International Auto show where we will be displaying - See us down in Kentia hall............

If anyone of you are interested please email directly-

They are made per order - and take approx 6 weeks to deliver.

Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Rear Shot -

Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor
Rear again-
without center cap

Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor
@ THE TRACK

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
gmgwillow.jpeg (800.7 KB, 301 views)
Old 12-22-2005, 01:48 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Man that GT2 is so damm sick

Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
What do you guys think of the BBS RS GT in Diamond Black finish?

Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
illm3

In the first pic the GT2 has Champion 19" wheels but the race car in the back ground has the same 1 piece wheels like Manthey wheels however, they are the BBS motorsport cup wheels... not sure if that was clear before

Zippy

I think that GT RS wheel looks nice but I think I remember them as being heavier than the factory wheels

Old 12-22-2005, 05:47 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Zippy,

I think they are one of the best looking and lightest wheels made. I just bought a set for my ML500.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:22 PM
KevinTT is infamous around these parts
Fabryce;

Those 5 spoke wheels are awesome!

Can you give us some idea what the cost is !

Thanks

Old 12-23-2005, 01:45 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Cary Eisenlohr
illm3

In the first pic the GT2 has Champion 19" wheels but the race car in the back ground has the same 1 piece wheels like Manthey wheels however, they are the BBS motorsport cup wheels... not sure if that was clear before

Zippy

I think that GT RS wheel looks nice but I think I remember them as being heavier than the factory wheels
Ahh ok i see.. BTW the RS GT's are very light, lighter than almost all of the BBS wheels out and def are lighter than stock 18's

Old 12-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
Originally posted by iLLM3
Ahh ok i see.. BTW the RS GT's are very light, lighter than almost all of the BBS wheels out and def are lighter than stock 18's
I stand corrected. When I was looking at different wheels at the BBS booth a month back at SEMA, the only wheel I remembered being light was the RG-R's The other wheel I looked at was one that looked just like the racing 3 piece but was made for the streets... and that thing was a brick. Thanks for catching me on that ... you're right, the RS-GT's are just a touch heavier than than RG-R's

Old 12-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by iLLM3
not true

there are a bunch of forged one-piece wheels that BBS makes that's lighter than the RSGTs which is naturally the case since it is a multi-piece wheel.

RGRs are markedly lighter than the RS GTs

Old 12-26-2005, 08:54 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Still waiting to hear from BBS for those who have asked me for prices. I'll rattle his cage next week.....sorry for the delay.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 12-26-2005, 08:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
They should be in the 4400 range...

Old 12-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Manthey

I know most of you have seen this pic before.....

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Those BBS Wheels....