996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

YAY! Fixed my Spoiler Failure issue, here's how I did it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Stebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond repute
I replaced mine when I put the stop leak in my system... Kept records too! I found the correct washers at my local Honda Motorcycles/ Vespa Scooters dealership figuring the metric bikes might use them somewhere. I brought my stock ones with me to compare. Turns out Vespa uses the same washers on one of their scooters. I will never admit to anyone outside of this forum that my turbo has Vespa parts on it!!!

Vespa Part #: 485703
The copper washers are 12mm OD, 8mm ID, and 1mm thick.
8 are required for the banjo bolts.

Replacing those and adding the Stop-Leak worked like a champ for me.

They were .99 each so I bought 16 in case I ever do it again.

Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:17 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YJosephTT
Just an update, spoiler still working perfect. The Driver Ram which had a slight leak is still showing signs of that slight leak so i guess the stop leak didn't do anything but the passenger side is still dry.
I told a local guy at a Cars and coffee about this cheap fix and he wants me to help him fix his too... I realized that maybe i should have changed the washers on the banjo bolts under the rams when i did mine.
Does anyone know where to get new washers for the banjo bolts??
It's not the washer at the banjo bolt that's leaking, it's the o-rings inside the cylinder. As the fluid in the cylinder inside the black case (which looks like the cylinder) leaks, it fills the black case and leaks around the banjo bolt area. It's not the banjo bolt that is leaking.

If you look at the picture below, it's the brass cylinder that contains o-rings that leaks. It will push fluid out of the top and into the black case and begins leaking out of the bottom. The brass cylinder and little black rod is what actually raise the wing, not the big flashy silver tube. It just for show.

Later, Steve

Old 05-18-2016, 09:05 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve Jarvis
It's not the washer at the banjo bolt that's leaking, it's the o-rings inside the cylinder. As the fluid in the cylinder inside the black case (which looks like the cylinder) leaks, it fills the black case and leaks around the banjo bolt area. It's not the banjo bolt that is leaking. If you look at the picture below, it's the brass cylinder that contains o-rings that leaks. It will push fluid out of the top and into the black case and begins leaking out of the bottom. The brass cylinder and little black rod is what actually raise the wing, not the big flashy silver tube. It just for show. Later, Steve
+1

djcooper@rennkit.com