996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Collapsed Intake Hose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:08 AM
mdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud of
Collapsed Intake Hose

This is a picture of my intake hose. It looks like maybe I tightened it up too hard or something and the hose collapsed. Is this hose ruined now? Anyone that upgraded intake lines have an extra laying around? I plan to update my intake hoses sometime but not until the engine has to come out for other reasons.

Thanks, Matt

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	boost hose.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	4.64 MB
ID:	446894  
Old 04-28-2016, 12:08 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
That pipe is plastic, you can unscrew clamps, remove

plastic pipe, inspect, adjust, and re-install ... It doesn't look that bad to me, I suppose a little heat may make it easier to adjust when off, if needed.

Doesn't appear to be that bad in the pic to me, maybe others will chime in.

Originally Posted by mdurbahn
This is a picture of my intake hose. It looks like maybe I tightened it up too hard or something and the hose collapsed. Is this hose ruined now? Anyone that upgraded intake lines have an extra laying around? I plan to update my intake hoses sometime but not until the engine has to come out for other reasons.

Thanks, Matt

Old 04-28-2016, 12:34 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
I might have those in my parts box Matt if you need them. I'll take a look tonight.
Scot

Old 04-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
There should be a steel ring on the inside of the plastic hose that should prevent this.
Is this one still there?

Old 04-29-2016, 02:41 PM
mdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud ofmdurbahn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
I might have those in my parts box Matt if you need them. I'll take a look tonight.
Scot
Thanks Scot, I didn't even take it off yet, my garage is too cold the last couple days to go out there!