996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Eric's Murcielago...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 12:13 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by DaveH
Great question Rockit.
I just felt this thread was getting a little sycophantic.
Albeit, interesting....

Old 11-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Johns is infamous around these parts
Eric thats a pimp *** picture. I bet u have that pic in a huge frame in ur home

Old 11-29-2003, 12:40 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Johns
Eric thats a pimp *** picture. I bet u have that pic in a huge frame in ur home
What's up with the dissing fella's??? Impoverished envy perhaps???

Last edited by rockitman; 11-29-2003 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:46 AM
LV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to all
Davidh,

Towards the bottom of this thread is some driving observations I have made about some of my cars. Sorry it strayed from just car stuff. You will like the info on the thread below:

http://216.7.163.99/~speedon/forums/...0661#post30661

If you have any specific questions i'll try and answerer them.

Sorry if this thread got a little off track, but it was kind of fun wasnt it?

BTW: The watch in the Murcilago pic was $80,000. And in the bank pic $78,500. I think the haircut was $10.00.

Last edited by LV Eric; 11-29-2003 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:43 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Ouch, thats a lot for a watch.

Nice hair cut though.

Do you have a luxo car too?

Old 11-29-2003, 07:38 AM
DaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the roughDaveH is a jewel in the rough
Eric:
I hadn't read the late model Lambo comparison thread - very interesting. I was surprised to read your comments about comfort at speed vs. the GT2. I wonder if that's an aerodynamic issue, suspension, or both?

I wasn't surprised at your comments on the MB. My buddy has an SL55 and I find it very "roly poly". It does have some oomph in the straight however.

Old 11-29-2003, 07:26 PM
LV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to all
I currently have a Bentley Arnage Red Label for a lux car, I traded a Bentley Azure for one of my Lambo GTR's.

dave,

its a aerodynamic issue with the GT2 while going fast. You can feel the air comming in under the car, it gets light in the front end over 120.

Old 11-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
As far as acceleration a TT will spank the Murcielago. I have the video to prove it.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Can you provide a link to that video?
thanks

Old 11-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Banned
Accomplice is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Duane
As far as acceleration a TT will spank the Murcielago. I have the video to prove it.
Do you mean a stock (non X50, non GT2) 996 TT?

Old 11-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Actually there was an article posted about 6 months ago that a X50 was put against a Murcielago. When I raced the Murcielago about 8 months ago my car was slighty modified but it was not even close.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:48 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Actually there was an article posted about 6 months ago that a X50 was put against a Murcielago. When I raced the Murcielago about 8 months ago my car was slighty modified but it was not even close.
Who cares about being quicker in those few seconds, the Murcielago style is simply beautiful, I would take one anyday, its one of the rarest cars around.

LV ERIC: She is BELLISIMO !

Old 11-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Banned
Accomplice is infamous around these parts
There is a pretty big difference (5 MPH?) in magazine tested trap speeds between the two cars. Perhaps that Lambo driver was being cautious in a break-in period or something. It really should get away from a stock 996 TT. You may also have a bit more skill than whoever was driving that Murcielago.

Kevin

Old 11-30-2003, 02:25 PM
My car was not stock at the time. It was an X50 with exhaust and a chip. We raced about 8 times of which not one was close. Shank has seen the video maybe he can comment.

Old 11-30-2003, 04:32 PM
Johns is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rockitman
What's up with the dissing fella's??? Impoverished envy perhaps???
hell no im not dissin him!! I would have that pic if it was me, framed in my house! If I used this smiley then thats hatin, but I used this one givin him props!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eric's Murcielago...