996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Curbed my Kinesis wheel,help needed on the east coast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 12:36 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Angry Curbed my Kinesis wheel,help needed on the east coast

Just curbed one of my K-18's and kinesis wants $335 just to replace the outer piece not counting shipping to and from Kinesis.Any idea who can fix this wheel for me,i'm on the east coast, KY to be precise ?
Another question is,would i need to replace all the bolts and nuts ?
I will post picts when i get home this eve.
Thanks

Old 12-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
highly recommended
http://www.wheelcollision.com/

Old 12-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Johnfromjersey
highly recommended
http://www.wheelcollision.com/
ditto.

Old 12-24-2005, 03:40 PM
OnTheGreen is infamous around these parts
How bad is the rash? I have fixed rashes before by wetsanding. After I see the pics, I can tell you if its possible this way.

Bryan

Old 12-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
I'm sure wheel collision does a fine job. that blonde is one of the skilled workers.

but in this case, for peace of mind, i'd ship that sucker right back to kinesis and get it done right esp if you bought the wheels new so you can keep that warranty, whatever that's left.

i know that kinesis doesn't ever reuse fastening bolts and i'm sure they do some other extra stuff for precautionary measures.

just my thought

Old 12-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
www.wheelwizard.com

Wheel Wizard here in Atlanta does a great job.

Old 12-26-2005, 08:12 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
picture attached

here we go..
Merry Xmas & have a happy new year.

Attached Images  

Last edited by quick; 12-26-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Re: picture attached

Originally posted by quick
here we go..
Merry Xmas & have a happy new year.
Merry Christmas to you as well.

Since there is a chunk of metal gone, I'd have the lip replaced, or see if a repair place could fix it. But since metal is gone, I'd be they say replace it.

Best of luck

OTG

Old 12-26-2005, 01:04 PM
OTG,
It's not gone it's actually pushed up so may be the shop might be able to push the metal down/repair it.I just emailed few picts to wheel collision in Bath,PA and won't know until tuesday as to how to approach it.One thing for sure i will replace the outer lip in a heart beat if the shop is not too sure about the repair.
The good news is,the car drives fine with out any st wheel shake that's why i am hoping they will be able to fix it with out any issues.
On a side note,i bought these wheels used driven just 400 miles from a fellow 6 speeder with original fitment for a 2004 C4S.I then sent the wheels back to Kinesis to have them changed from 42mm offset/11" width to 60mm/10.5" width so i do have an outer lip which i am going to call Kinesis back on tuesday to see if that would fit my current application or not,if not then i might have an outer lip for sale.

Last edited by quick; 12-26-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Well I hope it works out ok.

When I have done repairs on wheels, I use wetsanding and go from 800 grit to 2000 grit and have had great results. I tape off the area around the injury and wetsand the rash. It takes time, but its much cheaper then buying new parts. And if it does not work, you have only wasted a little time and a little money. If its bent, you can use a hammer to knock the metal back in place. A hammer with tape on the end usually works well.

Good luck and Happy Holidays.

OTG