996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Jean
It is not about my car here anyway, I only have half of that EVOMS 1200FWHP but I would love to see what this car does against Alex D.'s car like Hamann said or against a RUF RT12 with only 650 horses.
Well considering Todd K. built your car and Alex's, if I had to venture to guess... I think Alex's car is probably putting out a REAL 11-1200 horse at full boost. Considering his car purportedly runs 9's, that's probably more than 600hp could compete with, even for the mighty RT12.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Hamann7
Well considering Todd K. built your car and Alex's, if I had to venture to guess... I think Alex's car is probably putting out a REAL 11-1200 horse at full boost. Considering his car purportedly runs 9's, that's probably more than 600hp could compete with, even for the mighty RT12.
OK I confess, I have 705HP at 1.1 bar on the engine dyno not 600 and y weight being what it is, I doubt Alex is faster than me.

In all honesty I doubt that Alex D's car is putting more than 900-950HP for the duration of a quick run, regardless of the boost, but I might be wrong. Todd K. has only dyno'ed the 860+ reading on his engine dyno, the rest is more of hearsay, speculation and/or chassis dyno readings if I recall correctly. We have yet to see a time slip and trap speeds will tell us more, should be in the high 150s to 160mph.

I am confident an RT12 with 650 hp will not be too far off (from the EVOMS) in a 0-300km/h run.

Congrats on the M5, it is an amazing car.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:08 PM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
HOLY ****!!

Old 12-31-2005, 03:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
I know, I know... but this GT2 is really a different sort of project than the Turbo was. I am focusing more on things like suspension and setup. As for the motor, this one will most likely go to Ruf, as I think their setups are the most refined and best for track use. Usable HP is a good thing. I've just been too busy over the last year to really focus on it.

By the way, the fact that I left it stock should tell you what a great package the GT2 is right out of the box. On the track it is quite a disciplined challenge to go really fast even in bone stock form.
I hear you on that. I know throwing power at a GT2 is a different prospect and of course a dangerous one As great as the suspension is on the GT2 it'll be neat to see where you go with that...

Old 12-31-2005, 07:31 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Paul S
Tyson congrats on the M5 I cannot believe you're coming back into the BMW fold, congrats.
Are you sure you don't want to wait for the 6 speed? I understand NA's SMG III has a dumbed down LC.
I'm considering an M5. . .can you elaborate on why I perhaps should not?

Old 12-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
That chart looks awful! It will be more like 800 flywheel HP anyway, based on the 6-8 second runs we see EVOMS rate their engines on, and those 25-30PSI of boost .
If you take this statement "6-8 second runs" this may make this one of the fastest cars in the world. The graphs clearly shows 40 MPH to 170 MPH. If we are doing this in 6 seconds, that would be unbelievable

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 12-31-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Todd, 40mph-170mph speed on your dyno compared to speed in real life? I must have misunderstood your analogy.

Was it 10 seconds dyno run? 600RPM/s X 10sec = 6,000RPMs, did your run travel more than 6000RPMs? Or you will tell me that you do 300RPM/s runs, because that is not what I have seen on the 8 second GT 750 dyno video.

It would be nice to show AFRs, boost and BSAC logs on your dyno charts instead of speed.

You build great cars, too bad to see this kind of measuring standards used for HP claims.

Last edited by Jean; 01-02-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:29 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
You build great cars, too bad to see this kind of measuring standards used for HP claims.
Hmm...You mean this sounds the same that most 600-750hp BMW's in Scandinavia are faster (street cars and 1/4mile for example) than those 700-800rwhp BMW's in the States.
But I'm not try to insult any tuners, I'm a happy and satisfied customer of EVO...hope Nate can ship my package soon!

Last edited by Kaizu; 01-01-2006 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Todd, 40mph-170mph speed on your dyno compared to speed in real life? I must have misunderstood your analogy.

Was it 10 seconds dyno run? 600RPM/s X 10sec = 6,000RPMs, did your run travel more than 6000RPMs? Or you will tell me that you do 300RPM/s runs, because that is not what I have seen on the 8 second GT 750 dyno video.

It would be nice to show AFRs, boost and BSAC logs on your dyno charts instead of speed.

The graphs and the details of this project here were never intended to be public information until the project was completed. That run was actually from ~2000-7500 rpms. I have complete data logs from that run as well as our other projects that log timing, O2 volts, AFR, boost, rpm, load, fuel trim, injector pulse (ms) fuel pressure, EGT's, coolant temps, knock activity, oil temps, MAF volts, intake temps etc.

The dyno testing that we do in our facility is only a small portion of the testing that we do. The videos of different dyno runs that are posted on our site are maybe 1/10 of the actual testing that goes on. We do perform high load testing on a loaded 4wd dyno for extended runs at close intervals. Typically the dyno tests that we perform on our dyno are to check consistency between cars and NOT for tuning purposes. When we build a specific tuning package, i.e. GT750 or any of our GT systems, we build a car for testing prior to selling the system. That car goes through various different phases of development, testing, tuning, 4wd loaded dyno testing, real world testing conditions, high heat testing, 2wd dyno testing and so on. As you can now, see there is far more that goes on behind the scenes than that “8 second†run that is on our site. As a matter of fact, I have to thank you for pointing this out to me because what goes on behind the scenes is probably far more interesting than the "8 second" clip of the final test/consistency check prior to the cars completion. I will have to create a video of the various segments of the testing / building process for a better insight to how we get to that “8 second†run.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:29 AM
You are welcome Todd

I will gladly pay for one of your engines or cars to be shipped back and forth to Germany for a MAHA dyno run at Manthey and RS Tuning engine dyno, just to see how it compares to Porsche HP out of curiosity

I will soon be running against one of your GT950s hopefully and will report back with a video. (been trying without success so far )

Happy New year to all.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
Thank you for the offer, I will be bringing it there myself sometime in 2006. With all things equal, I know what Porsche HP is like, I test these cars stock to get the baseline power figures on both a 2wd and awd loaded dyno. Not sure who you are running with a GT950 but we have only built a GT800 for the customer who I think you are talking about. Enjoy the New Year.

Old 01-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Todd it is someone who has airfreighted his engine to you back and forth a couple of times at least and who claims to have the GT900 or 950 version from EVOMS. In fact he is your dealer in the region.

If it is a GT800 with trap speeds in the 130s, then I will have to give myself some weight penalty to make it fair ...Darn, same as that poor 840hp 9FF !

Just joking, good to have had this discussion with you.
Best

Old 01-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Paul S is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by aj996tt
I'm considering an M5. . .can you elaborate on why I perhaps should not?
I think it's a great car. However it seems BMW has secretly given North America a SMG 'Launch Control' feature unlike the rest of the world's. Instead of launching the car at 4500 rpms it launches at 1800 or so. Makes for a slower go if that matters to you. You may never want/need that feature.
Other issues are VANOS and oil leakage, transmission failure and HUD (head up display) problems (delay in transmission of info)
I would think these issues will be resolved for '07, and by then you will have a choice between the SMG or manual.

Old 01-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Very Impressive !!!

Old 01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Todd it is someone who has airfreighted his engine to you back and forth a couple of times at least and who claims to have the GT900 or 950 version from EVOMS. In fact he is your dealer in the region.

If it is a GT800 with trap speeds in the 130s, then I will have to give myself some weight penalty to make it fair ...Darn, same as that poor 840hp 9FF !

Just joking, good to have had this discussion with you.
Best
I know that Todd's was the GT800 at the shoot out and even in Vegas (high up and with poor conditions for that sort of thing) with 100 degree temps it trapped 140mph.. The 1/4 mile is all about the launch but with 140 traps compared to my 135-138 if he brought his car to the same track I'm _guessing_ he'd be trapping 144 or so. That's a darn fast car at that point

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)