996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
I know that Todd's was the GT800 at the shoot out and even in Vegas (high up and with poor conditions for that sort of thing) with 100 degree temps it trapped 140mph.. The 1/4 mile is all about the launch but with 140 traps compared to my 135-138 if he brought his car to the same track I'm _guessing_ he'd be trapping 144 or so. That's a darn fast car at that point
140mph is a damn quick trap speed. My buddy trapped 140-141mph in his 6spd Supra - he threw down about 800rwhp and change.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:32 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Jean
OK I confess, I have 705HP at 1.1 bar on the engine dyno not 600 and y weight being what it is, I doubt Alex is faster than me.

In all honesty I doubt that Alex D's car is putting more than 900-950HP for the duration of a quick run, regardless of the boost, but I might be wrong. Todd K. has only dyno'ed the 860+ reading on his engine dyno, the rest is more of hearsay, speculation and/or chassis dyno readings if I recall correctly. We have yet to see a time slip and trap speeds will tell us more, should be in the high 150s to 160mph.

I am confident an RT12 with 650 hp will not be too far off (from the EVOMS) in a 0-300km/h run.

Congrats on the M5, it is an amazing car.
Jean, your car sounds interesting. Whatcha got?

Cheers

Old 01-01-2006, 11:57 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Hey Jean, post some pics of your car please!

Old 01-01-2006, 11:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
ZLP post some of yours We have a couple of 930s at the shop now (one is mine) and I'm always looking around at other folks' rides to get an idea

Old 01-02-2006, 12:13 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally posted by sharkster
ZLP post some of yours We have a couple of 930s at the shop now (one is mine) and I'm always looking around at other folks' rides to get an idea
Pics of my 930
There is a page with plenty of pics. I just moved up here from Phoenix. How far is your shop from Pleasanton?

Old 01-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
AJ, ZLP I have a 993TT GT2 conversion. I am a few thousand miles from home now and don't have any pics, sorry. You can see them on RL 993TT forum though.

Sharky, if I recall correctly the car that had trap speeds of 140mph was the GT900 or 950 or so in the shootout. Still for a Porsche, you should be trapping high 150s with anywhere close to 800 flywheel HP and 3,100lbs of weight, and most likely gearbox modifications (I know it was not mentioned), altitude or not.
Different brands of cars cannot be compared as far as trap speeds are concerned.

Did not mean to enter an acceleration debate, I was just trying to undertand whether the car I was mentioning to Todd and I want to race is a GT900 as it has been claimed or not.

Last edited by Jean; 01-02-2006 at 04:32 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Just found this picture that I posted some time back here, It is a bit far though.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
jean 993gt2 nordschlieffe.bmp (489.3 KB, 149 views)
Old 01-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !

Did not mean to enter an acceleration debate, I was just trying to undertand whether the car I was mentioning to Todd and I want to race is a GT900 as it has been claimed or not.
That car is a GT800. It makes about 715 HP on our crappy dyno I would like to see a "European 800 HP" 996TT Trap 150 in a quarter mile.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 01-02-2006, 11:52 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Todd,

Remember ............. not too long ago we tried to get any of the top European located tuners to participate in a shootout.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:42 PM
ZLP
Originally posted by cjv
Todd,

Remember ............. not too long ago we tried to get any of the top European located tuners to participate in a shootout.
Is your car up and running yet? I have been too busy with school to frequent the boards so I have not seen any updates. I am up in the bay area now and need to check that beast out!

Old 01-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
That car is a GT800. It makes about 715 HP on our crappy dyno
You guys need to get aligned, after all he is your dealer in Bahrain..Here is what the owner said, it was also quoted in a regional magazine with some claims of >900hp with one of your dyno charts if I recall correctly.

Originally posted by Bahrain 996TT
....i i also have 02 996TT built by EVOMS which is GT 900 which should be identical to todds car ....
BTW I never said your dyno is crappy, I did say that you market the HP on your kits based on 8 second runs which I maintain.

Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
I would like to see a "European 800 HP" 996TT Trap 150 in a quarter mile.
I cannot compare you to any 800HP European tuner because I don't know any respectable European tuner who claims those numbers, and certainly not RWHP. RS Tuning for instance has a 640+ FWHP engine upgrade that costs about 60k Euros if I recall correctly because Reinhold knows he cannot get real 650 HP (that lasts longer than an 8 sec dyno run) without 30K USD Secan intercoolers. RS Tuning has the most extensive Porsche racing palmares in the world in case anyone doubts their credentials.

European tuners don't do quartermile runs, they do 100-200kph (62-124mph) and 0-300kph and everything in between.

If you would like to compare, the Gemballa GTR 750 built all the way back in 2002 (yes 4 years ago they were making those numbers already), boosting 1.3-1.4 Bar did 62-124mph in 5.3 seconds. Your GT750 boosting 1.8-2.0 Bar does the same speed in about 6.5 seconds as measured on a very accurate device, allowing for non professional shifts, take off 0.2 s, which takes you to 6.3 s. That is about 150HP difference at those speeds. Can someone say that Gemballa understates their cars?? Please.

I did not want to get into the acceleration debate. Don't compare your cars to those European tuners, they are a bunch of newbies , compare your cars to the ones from similar US tuners, let us see a run against Alex D's car. A trap speed difference of 10-15mph at 140mph is about 200 HP because I heard he is running 150s, also he has 600lbs more than the 3100lbs you were running in the shootout. Do the math, and I tell you from first hand info, he does not have anywhere close to 1000FWHP.

I hope someone can clarify whether that engine that you flew to Bahrain is a 715HP or GT900.

Last edited by Jean; 01-02-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:56 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ZLP
Is your car up and running yet? I have been too busy with school to frequent the boards so I have not seen any updates. I am up in the bay area now and need to check that beast out!
Zack,

I only wish. If you go to my thread under Tuning/Modifications you'll see what is happening.

You'll find her on a lift at S Car Go racing and the motor on their bench.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
ZLP
Originally posted by cjv
Zack,

I only wish. If you go to my thread under Tuning/Modifications you'll see what is happening.

You'll find her on a lift at S Car Go racing and the motor on their bench.
46 pages LOL, I'll just wait till the Cliff Notes are for sale at Borders!

Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 PM
cjv
You guys need to get aligned, after all he is your dealer in Bahrain..Here is what the owner said, it was also quoted in a regional magazine with some claims of >900hp with one of your dyno charts if I recall correctly.

BTW I never said your dyno is crappy, I did say that you market the HP on your kits based on 8 second runs which I maintain.

I cannot compare you to any 800HP European tuner because I don't know any respectable European tuner who claims those numbers, and certainly not RWHP. RS Tuning for instance has a 640+ FWHP engine upgrade that costs about 60k Euros if I recall correctly because Reinhold knows he cannot get real 650 HP (that lasts longer than an 8 sec dyno run) without 30K USD Secan intercoolers. RS Tuning has the most extensive Porsche racing palmares in the world in case anyone doubts their credentials.

European tuners don't do quartermile runs, they do 100-200kph (62-124mph) and 0-300kph and everything in between.

If you would like to compare, the Gemballa GTR 750 built all the way back in 2002 (yes 4 years ago they were making those numbers already), boosting 1.3-1.4 Bar did 62-124mph in 5.3 seconds. Your GT750 boosting 1.8-2.0 Bar does the same speed in about 6.5 seconds as measured on a very accurate device, allowing for non professional shifts, take off 0.2 s, which takes you to 6.3 s. That is about 150HP difference at those speeds. Can someone say that Gemballa understates their cars?? Please.

I did not want to get into the acceleration debate. Don't compare your cars to those European tuners, they are a bunch of newbies , compare your cars to the ones from similar US tuners, let us see a run against Alex D's car. A trap speed difference of 10-15mph at 140mph is about 200 HP because I heard he is running 150s, also he has 600lbs more than the 3100lbs you were running in the shootout. Do the math, and I tell you from first hand info, he does not have anywhere close to 1000FWHP.

I hope someone can clarify whether that engine that you flew to Bahrain is a 715HP or GT900.
Jean,

I believe Todd said the car left his shop as a GT800. That would be about 680 hp to the rear tires. No? If the dealer is claiming more than he either changed something or he doesn't have a GT900

In addition, for the record I don't run Secan's however I would be willing to place a side wager that my intake charge air temperature after 8 seconds is lower than a RS Tuning Porsche 996tt with just Secan's. I preface that saying with the ambient temperature being above 70 degrees F.

As for what European tuners do or don't do .............. why don't we just have a get together and do all all the tests?

Regarding Alex D's car, we know it is fast, however no one has seen the times. We are all guessing. What TK of Protomotive says the car dyno's and what others claim the car dyno's are two different things. Again, Alex could have made some additional changes. Not unlike the dealer EVO car in your neck of the woods.

By the way, it is my understanding the Gemballa GT750 of years ago was claiming 1.8 bar in the two magazines articles that Ian Kuah did the reporting (European Car and Excellence).

Let's not get too upset about hp numbers. The fact is you need to know the parimeters as to how the cars were tested. Otherwise you can't compare the numbers. About a year ago the Manthey car with 550 hp ran away from the 9ff. Techart and Edo who claimed 588, 530 and 530 hp. This was in Auto Bild test & tuning. Judging from the results the Europeans don't even measure their own ponies under the same standard.

Last edited by cjv; 01-02-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
cjv
Originally posted by ZLP
46 pages LOL, I'll just wait till the Cliff Notes are for sale at Borders!
Zack,

Just go to the last page. That will explain where we are. By the way, if you have a solution I'm all ears.

Last edited by cjv; 01-02-2006 at 03:52 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)