996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
This will always be a useless debate unless we can run all of these great cars. We invited the European tuners to a US shootout and no one came. Why don’t you set up a European shootout and invite US tuners and see what happens. If I was invited, I would show up provided it was a worthwhile event and it made sense for the company.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 01-02-2006, 03:57 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
This will always be a useless debate unless we can run all of these great cars. We invited the European tuners to a US shootout and no one came. Why don’t you set up a European shootout and invite US tuners and see what happens. If I was invited, I would show up provided it was a worthwhile event and it made sense for the company.
I have a another idea and this isn't a flame. Jean offered to ship your car over there. We'll set up another shootout made up of all the different contests both sides of the Atlantic want and Jean can ship the European Tuner of his choice car's over here. My bet is it will never happen and I would love to be proven wrong.

Last edited by cjv; 01-02-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
CJV

You sound like an EVOMS lawyer

Just to be clear, that dealer is "THE" EVOMS dealer in Bahrain and a 6speedonline member, not any dealer. Todd (EVOMS) knows him well, and no, FYI in this neck of the woods, no one would know how to even clean the air filters, let alone modify the GT800. But I would not want to divert the conversation from the 981RWHP dyno chart.

Please elaborate about the delta and 8 second run, I am a big fan of betting but be careful I take them very seriously.

Originally posted by cjv

As for what European tuners do or don't do .............. why don't we just have a get together and do all all the tests?
Coming from you, this one is the funniest I have heard. With what car CJV?

Old 01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Jean
CJV

Just to be clear, that dealer is "THE" EVOMS dealer in Bahrain and a 6speedonline member, not any dealer. Todd (EVOMS) knows him well, and no, FYI in this neck of the woods, no one would know how to even clean the air filters, let alone modify the GT800. But I would not want to divert the conversation from the 981RWHP dyno chart.

Please elaborate about the delta and 8 second run, I am a big fan of betting but be careful I take them very seriously.

Ease up Jean, it sounds like you are taking all this personally. Does it really matter that much to you or anyone else here?

Old 01-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
If I was invited, I would show up provided it was a worthwhile event and it made sense for the company.
I can certainly try to get you an invitation to the next tuner shootout (maybe the German one as a guest). But you have to be committed to come if it works.

CJV
US vs. European tuners debate is not important. It is about who is a good builder, and there are good ones in both continents, and there are just as many marketeers in Europe as in the US. I chose a US builder for my engine and I am extremely satisfied for instance.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:37 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
CJV

Jean,

Todd said loud and clear GT800. The dealer said GT900 or 950.
1) Todd is sandbagging.
2) The dealer is exaggerating.
3) The dealer has made additional changes.

Is there something I missed? I'm really sorry to hear that neck of the woods is so handicapped. I do hope the drivers are better than the mechanics. I'm sure EVO has done it as S Car Go was almost at 800 SAE 1990 revised rwhp on a Dyno Jet dyno as a best run about two years ago. It was that same day we bent all six rods.

As for the charge air, unlike your friends at RS we don't make it a secret. You could read about it on the cjv/s car go thread. However, keepng it brief. Larger racing intercooler cores, insulated double jacketed hard piping from the intercooler outlet to the TB. The liquid CO2 circulates through the insulated double jackets and then sprays the liquid CO2 over the intercoolers. Believe me, you take this one and it would be like taking candy away from a baby.

You really know how to hurt a guy with your last comment. There are a few cars on this side of the Atlantic that would more than give the European Tuners a run for their money. All I can say now is arrange to ship your favorite European Tuners car to compete and we'll see if KA can be ready. Heck, we would be doing all the work getting ready to roll out a big white carpet lined with auto journalists.

Jean, in all seriousness, I hope you pull this one off.

Last edited by cjv; 01-02-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:00 PM
cjv

CJV
US vs. European tuners debate is not important. It is about who is a good builder, and there are good ones in both continents, and there are just as many marketeers in Europe as in the US.
I agree. Well said Jean.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
I can certainly try to get you an invitation to the next tuner shootout (maybe the German one as a guest). But you have to be committed to come if it works.
As I stated, I am interested, thank you. Please get me the details and if it makes sense for the company, I will be there. One of my best friends lives in Heidelberg Germany. He has already lined up some sponsors for us and will handle the logistics for me. Keep me posted.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 01-02-2006, 09:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Jean you know the 60-130 runs.. just out of interest have you tried doing them "over" and "over" and "over" again? Meaning what if you were to do that test 10 or so times in a row? That way avoiding the same "few second" scenario. I'd be interested in knowing if and by how much the time would decrease? That'd be much more of a stress test and intersting to see if the HP was/is sustainable.

I will say that the summer day I was at the track, I had it virtually to myself and even though it was 103 out there and with 100 octane I was doing 23-24psi I ran 8 times in a row. No joke... Every single run was 10.6-10.8 and 133-135 (I did blow my maf on the 133), which to me does show some level of consistancy.

Anyways, I will.. I will... and I will run those 60-130 times! I believe K24 madness is getting that AX-11 and said he'd lend it to me Otherwise it'll have to be a camera pointed at it with a timer

Old 01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
Jean you know the 60-130 runs.. just out of interest have you tried doing them "over" and "over" and "over" again? Meaning what if you were to do that test 10 or so times in a row? That way avoiding the same "few second" scenario. I'd be interested in knowing if and by how much the time would decrease? That'd be much more of a stress test and intersting to see if the HP was/is sustainable.

I will say that the summer day I was at the track, I had it virtually to myself and even though it was 103 out there and with 100 octane I was doing 23-24psi I ran 8 times in a row. No joke... Every single run was 10.6-10.8 and 133-135 (I did blow my maf on the 133), which to me does show some level of consistancy.

Anyways, I will.. I will... and I will run those 60-130 times! I believe K24 madness is getting that AX-11 and said he'd lend it to me Otherwise it'll have to be a camera pointed at it with a timer
Don't worry Sharkster we will get our hands on the AX22.

I need to go to SAC with you for test and tune to get my 1/4 mile numbers. So far 2 passes on the 993tt. First one was 12.18 with 2.3 60 foot and 123mph trap. Second run I lost the clutch.

I look forward to seeing what my car is capible of.

Tom

Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv

S Car Go was almost at 800 SAE 1990 revised rwhp on a Dyno Jet dyno as a best run about two years ago. It was that same day we bent all six rods.

As for the charge air, unlike your friends at RS we don't make it a secret. You could read about it on the cjv/s car go thread. However, keepng it brief. Larger racing intercooler cores, insulated double jacketed hard piping from the intercooler outlet to the TB. The liquid CO2 circulates through the insulated double jackets and then sprays the liquid CO2 over the intercoolers.

Jean,

Now you know where I get my encouragement from. I see KA at least twice a week and get to view the build process first hand.

SCARGO has played a major role in the development of my 993tt. Having them located less than 2 miles from my house has its advantages.

Tom

Last edited by K24madness; 01-02-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:20 PM
rico930 is infamous around these parts
1st off i think that everyone in question needs to go to EVOMS web site under the tuning section and read the write up on their dyno testing etc.

Now it seems as of late there is a huge lashing out on dynos and numbers produced. It seems at our facillity i am jumping through hoops explaining to people how certain dynos differ and why this number is higher/lower than that number(not on this forum-i bounce around on a few). I think the most important thing is the base testing compared to the modified test in relation to keeping the tests the same type each time. Since this was a big issue on another site i took a 2006 C6 vette and ran it on the dyno(load bearing) at 8, 10, 12,15 seconds and lastly in a vehicle simulation mode with equilalent weight and drag (cd) numbers plugged in and came up with all different numbers. The only accurate was the sim mode with the lowest numbers being the shortest test!
Turbo vehicles are different in their own right with the effects on loading in relation to boost produced. Usually on the engine dyno the loading tends to be different than real world conditions at the track. Now we work on different types of cars but i think all concepts still apply.
As far as Euro power to US power does it really matter as long as we baseline the cars first and compare to the end result? Maybe everyone should talk in percentage gains instead of peaks.
Just my 8 cents worth.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Porscha is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rico930
1st off i think that everyone in question needs to go to EVOMS web site under the tuning section and read the write up on their dyno testing etc.

Now it seems as of late there is a huge lashing out on dynos and numbers produced. It seems at our facillity i am jumping through hoops explaining to people how certain dynos differ and why this number is higher/lower than that number(not on this forum-i bounce around on a few). I think the most important thing is the base testing compared to the modified test in relation to keeping the tests the same type each time. Since this was a big issue on another site i took a 2006 C6 vette and ran it on the dyno(load bearing) at 8, 10, 12,15 seconds and lastly in a vehicle simulation mode with equilalent weight and drag (cd) numbers plugged in and came up with all different numbers. The only accurate was the sim mode with the lowest numbers being the shortest test!
Turbo vehicles are different in their own right with the effects on loading in relation to boost produced. Usually on the engine dyno the loading tends to be different than real world conditions at the track. Now we work on different types of cars but i think all concepts still apply.
As far as Euro power to US power does it really matter as long as we baseline the cars first and compare to the end result? Maybe everyone should talk in percentage gains instead of peaks.
Just my 8 cents worth.
Well said.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:35 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Here is a different way to compare.
In this example of a full power run 60-130mph,
Black is a stock 415HP 996tt
Red is a Stage4 996tt
Pink is a Ruf590HP GT2
Blue is a EVO750 996tt

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
This is an outstanding way to look at things. Was this done side to side or at least same day? What's with the short shifting in the EVO 750?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)