996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 09:40 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Same machine Ax22, different times and temps. Shift times and speeds represent the inherant "human error"

Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 AM
lee lovell is infamous around these parts
rmrmd1956,

thanks for the chart.
Great to see the direct comparisons.

I did a few 60-120 runs in my stage 4 the other day and whilst its not an exact science using a stopwatch i consistantly got 6.8 secs which seems to correspond well with your chart, considering the gear shifts on the stage 4 were 1.5 times the others!

I wasnt sure if 6.8 secs was that quick but a guess it cant be too bad after all!

Last edited by lee lovell; 01-03-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Todd
I am only a Porschefile and this is a hobby so unfortunately I don't have much time to help out, but I will make a few contacts to try to find the right people. One thing that needs some clarification is what is meant by - if it makes sense to your company-, I hope you understand that I cannot put any conditions to a shootout. The guys there like 0-300km/h runs and everything in between, track and other few things. The rules will be the same for everyone. I will keep you posted, it could be a magazine converage as well. You must have good contacts with the new 911 since they covered you and Sharky for some nice pics lately, I am sure they are interested as well. I can get you close to the Porsche professional circle there no problem. Heidleberg is very close to Hockenheim, excellent coincidence.

rmrmd has done this excellent comparo, this is where I extrapolated the 100-200kph manually. The RUF GT2 is Guy's, it has taller tires and 7100 redline, this is why it shifts later. It was running in fact as heavy as the GT750 EVO, there is 160 hp difference between them. The stage 4 is, well, very slow.

Sharky, at mid 130 trap speeds, your weight, and a tip tronic you are running around 600 hp or a bit more, I already mentioned that, this level of course, you can maintain all day on the track, this corroborates what I have been saying earlier, 800-900 FWHP with 8 second run chassis dynos, are more like 600-700 max on the road. Check out the GT750 EVO and compare to the RUF. Your 800+HP, tip and weight should put you in the high 5 seconds or very low 6s.

Of course I could be wrong
Cheers.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by sharkster

Anyways, I will.. I will... and I will run those 60-130 times! I believe K24 madness is getting that AX-11 and said he'd lend it to me Otherwise it'll have to be a camera pointed at it with a timer

what's the ax-11 do? i can't find any info.

i do have an AP-22 that i was planning to sell b/c i bought the Autogenuity scanner w/ its Speed Tracer capabilities. i better make sure they both do the same thing.

anyways, welcome to borrow it. once the rain clears, i want to do these calculations too w/ my car.

- chuck

Old 01-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally posted by Kaizu
Hmm...You mean this sounds the same that most 600-750hp BMW's in Scandinavia are faster (street cars and 1/4mile for example) than those 700-800rwhp BMW's in the States.
But I'm not try to insult any tuners, I'm a happy and satisfied customer of EVO...hope Nate can ship my package soon!
It's quite simple, the US DynoJet machines (not even load bearing wtihout special options) read 15-20% higher than dyno machines used throughout the rest of the world.

It's just marketing, don't expect the people who make money from fantasy power figures to give you a level playing field, least of all on this forum!

Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Jean

rmrmd has done this excellent comparo, this is where I extrapolated the 100-200kph manually. The RUF GT2 is Guy's, it has taller tires and 7100 redline, this is why it shifts later. It was running in fact as heavy as the GT750 EVO, there is 160 hp difference between them. The stage 4 is, well, very slow.

. [/B]
Surely if the gear shift times were the same then there would be little or no difference between the stage 4 and the Ruf.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:18 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Ax22 is a GPS based data logger, cheaper but similar to what the car mags use.
http://www.race-technology.com/WebPa.../AX22Home.html

Old 01-03-2006, 03:21 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
thanks - i always forget the site & CB Racing seems to no longer carry them.

looks like Ax22 is the better version of my Ap22

- chuck

Old 01-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by lee lovell
Surely if the gear shift times were the same then there would be little or no difference between the stage 4 and the Ruf.
Sorry I did not mean slow as in "slow" but rather compared to its claimed HP, which is similar to the RUF, there is no doubt that those times are excellent by any standards.

The RUF does not have any shifting advantage, they both shift twice during the run, if you fix a bit the first slow shift on the stage 4 (-0.2 s.) you would still be slower by about 1 second vs. the RUF with similar HP to it.

This is not an exact science but much more reliable than any dyno chart for sure.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Sorry I did not mean slow as in "slow" but rather compared to its claimed HP, which is similar to the RUF, there is no doubt that those times are excellent by any standards.

The RUF does not have any shifting advantage, they both shift twice during the run, if you fix a bit the first slow shift on the stage 4 (-0.2 s.) you would still be slower by about 1 second vs. the RUF with similar HP to it.

This is not an exact science but much more reliable than any dyno chart for sure.
1 second slower isnt so bad since i hear that was on the stock program.....now the race program thats another story

Old 01-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
I think it's rather foolish to compare a Stage 4 TT vs. Guy's Nardo GT2 thinking that they are anywhere close to equal.

I guarantee you will be sorely disappointed even with your beloved and omnipotent "race" program.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Hamann7
I think it's rather foolish to compare a Stage 4 TT vs. Guy's Nardo GT2 thinking that they are anywhere close to equal.

I guarantee you will be sorely disappointed even with your beloved and omnipotent "race" program.
Dollar for Dollar, the Stage 4 probably represent good value in relation to the Nardo.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts

Old 01-03-2006, 10:47 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Todd

Sharky, at mid 130 trap speeds, your weight, and a tip tronic you are running around 600 hp or a bit more, I already mentioned that, this level of course, you can maintain all day on the track, this corroborates what I have been saying earlier, 800-900 FWHP with 8 second run chassis dynos, are more like 600-700 max on the road. Check out the GT750 EVO and compare to the RUF. Your 800+HP, tip and weight should put you in the high 5 seconds or very low 6s.

Of course I could be wrong
Cheers.
We'll see what it does... I've no idea really However just as an FYI my car with me in it that day at the track was 3540 (I've got a lot of the stuff back in it again- since the shoot out). Doesn't make a lot of difference but it's not as light as it was... Putting it back to being a full-time street car I guess...

Old 01-04-2006, 04:06 AM

Just Mocking,

Some of you guys are sooooo serious.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)