996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 09:19 AM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)

Is this person on the board? Can anyone verify this dyno chart? The name looks familiar...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...&highlight=996

Just finished my first dyno run with lots of final tuning to be done. Anyway, my Porsche 996 twin turbo made 981 rwhp. My goal is at least 1000 rwhp. Looks like we need to overcome some obstacles above 6800 rpm to 7400 rpm. Nevertheless, looks like it will be one fun street car to drive!

Old 12-31-2005, 10:06 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Ruiner,

I've never seen him post here before, but he used to post on Rennlist.

He sort of disappeared after his car was modified.

Enzo_Etr

New Dynojet AWD in Midwest (Ohio)

Greg A

Old 12-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
HOLY MOLY!

Old 12-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Here is another dyno graph of that same car with some additional top end tuning to smooth our the power curve. We have some more tricks that we are adding that will put it well over 1000 RWHP. All I can say is this car is a BEAST. We will have more news shortly. Stay Tuned!

Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by teflon

He sort of disappeared after his car was modified.
Well I hope those 1000RWHP have nothing to do with his disappearance from the forum

That chart looks awful! It will be more like 800 flywheel HP anyway, based on the 6-8 second runs we see EVOMS rate their engines on, and those 25-30PSI of boost .

Old 12-31-2005, 12:29 PM
mikejones997 is infamous around these partsmikejones997 is infamous around these parts
little bit of lag but still kick ***..

Old 12-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Jean
It will be more like 800 flywheel HP anyway, based on the 6-8 second runs we see EVOMS rate their engines on, and those 25-30PSI of boost .
care to elaborate? if the car is putting nearly 1000hp at the wheels any figure measured closer to the crank should have less drivetrain loss and therefore a higher output not lower...

Old 12-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Johnfromjersey
care to elaborate? if the car is putting nearly 1000hp at the wheels any figure measured closer to the crank should have less drivetrain loss and therefore a higher output not lower...
John
The RWHP to FWHP is not what I was talking about.
A dyno run that is performed on a chassis dyno for a length of a few seconds under hardly any load, typically translates into a much lower "real" Porsche hp figure once on the ground, nothing to do with drivetrain losses and conversions etc..

Basically, once these cars are running under load and boosting so much, they will hardly hold more than 60-70% of this HP that you are seeing on the chassis dyno for a few seconds, obviously because of heat.

This is not a popular thing to say but unfortunately it is the reality. I believe the HP claims that are made by some (disclaimer) tuners on the chassis dyno (like the one I saw of EVOMS) are more like ponies once the car is on the ground...don't be surprised if a 650HP engine-dynoed Porsche beats these 1200 chassis FWHP animals in a 0-190mph run.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Kaane is infamous around these parts
Hardly any load? Most Chassis dyno's put more load on the car then the road does. 5000lbs rollers are heavier then the car itself. I am sure the there is some loss that the dyno creates, but I am sure the total output is still way above the WHP figure.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
It depends on whether the dyno is load-bearing or not. For instance, Mustang AWD dynos are load-bearing while Dynojet typically is not.

Either way, the American dynos are typically much more conservative than the MAHA dynos used in Germany.

That's why American HP numbers generally seem higher than the German tuners. That, among some other reasons.

I'd like to see how this car stacks up against Alex D.'s Protomotive car. I predict the power curves are quite different.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Paul S is infamous around these parts
Tyson congrats on the M5 I cannot believe you're coming back into the BMW fold, congrats.
Are you sure you don't want to wait for the 6 speed? I understand NA's SMG III has a dumbed down LC.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
It depends on whether the dyno is load-bearing or not. For instance, Mustang AWD dynos are load-bearing while Dynojet typically is not.

Either way, the American dynos are typically much more conservative than the MAHA dynos used in Germany.

That's why American HP numbers generally seem higher than the German tuners. That, among some other reasons.

I'd like to see how this car stacks up against Alex D.'s Protomotive car. I predict the power curves are quite different.
Yeah it'd be good to see. Alex and I were both suprised you didn't take the GT2 to him after what you did with the TT? We can't believe you stayed stock lol!

Old 12-31-2005, 02:32 PM
It is not only the chassis dyno that is the issue, it is how you do your runs. You will understand better what I mean when you see your car being dynoed and slaughtered at the MAHA facility of someone like Manthey Racing, those are real "loaded" runs, the session is about 20-30 minutes just to get a reading (not tuning the car, just measuring), each run is about 25 seconds or so, they put special tires because the others tend to blow up and you see fire coming out of your exhausts and bumpers melting if they are not removed. Then I compare those results vs. what I have from my engine dyno sheet.
It is not about my car here anyway, I only have half of that EVOMS 1200FWHP but I would love to see what this car does against Alex D.'s car like Hamann said or against a RUF RT12 with only 650 horses.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Porsche Fiend
Originally posted by Paul S
Tyson congrats on the M5 I cannot believe you're coming back into the BMW fold, congrats.
Are you sure you don't want to wait for the 6 speed? I understand NA's SMG III has a dumbed down LC.
Paul, this is really more indicative of a lack of choices in the market today for a great 4-door sedan. My 540i is out of warranty and I'm ready to get rid of it. I'm not particularly crazy about the new M5, but there aren't too many great alternatives.

I really like the CLS 55, but the roofline is so low and the back seats are tight.

If I can get a good deal on an E55 wagon, I may just do that.

Hopefully, I will see you at the next track day... I've been so busy with work that I haven't been able to get out to the track much this year.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Porsche Fiend
Originally posted by sharkster
Yeah it'd be good to see. Alex and I were both suprised you didn't take the GT2 to him after what you did with the TT? We can't believe you stayed stock lol!
I know, I know... but this GT2 is really a different sort of project than the Turbo was. I am focusing more on things like suspension and setup. As for the motor, this one will most likely go to Ruf, as I think their setups are the most refined and best for track use. Usable HP is a good thing. I've just been too busy over the last year to really focus on it.

By the way, the fact that I left it stock should tell you what a great package the GT2 is right out of the box. On the track it is quite a disciplined challenge to go really fast even in bone stock form.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 981rwhp 996TT?? (dyno chart in link)