996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Great Service from Orton Performance !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Great Service from Orton Performance !

Just had my annual service done on my '02 Turbo by Neil Orton. As always, a perfect job, car returned clean and on time with no "test drive" miles ( as the dealer did once...).

It's great having a good mechanic only 8 miles away....B&M shifter, wiper delete, H&R suspension R&R, PSI ECU upgrade and annual service...all done to perfection by Orton performance. Neil, thanks again.

Bill

Old 12-31-2005, 04:05 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
That is always good to hear. Post some pics of the turbo...

Old 12-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Brad Roberts is infamous around these parts
with no "test drive" miles
This is a huge issue for shops. We debate daily on how much how far. We have had multiple cars come back and bite us because we didnt test drive them far enough.

Not good. I can understand during a service, but sometimes it is hard to duplicate a problem.

B

Old 12-31-2005, 04:39 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Re: Great Service from Orton Performance !

Originally posted by Bill in Atlanta
Just had my annual service done on my '02 Turbo by Neil Orton. As always, a perfect job, car returned clean and on time with no "test drive" miles ( as the dealer did once...).

It's great having a good mechanic only 8 miles away....B&M shifter, wiper delete, H&R suspension R&R, PSI ECU upgrade and annual service...all done to perfection by Orton performance. Neil, thanks again.

Bill
I guess I'm missing it here...........you are saying that you're glad no one took it out of the garage before you picked it up?

I guess that would be good if you didn't have a high level of trust the staff where you took it. Like I say, I may be missing it but if I leave my car at Kelly Moss Motorsports (for instance) for fairly extensive work, I would be disapointed if I didn't get a report on what they thought, how she drove, what to watch for, etc, etc.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:49 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Great Service from Orton Performance !

Originally posted by GreggT
I guess I'm missing it here...........you are saying that you're glad no one took it out of the garage before you picked it up?

I guess that would be good if you didn't have a high level of trust the staff where you took it. Like I say, I may be missing it but if I leave my car at Kelly Moss Motorsports (for instance) for fairly extensive work, I would be disapointed if I didn't get a report on what they thought, how she drove, what to watch for, etc, etc.
A-Men to that. I have always driven everyone’s car to operating temp then some. It has to be exactly right. The only time we don't is an oil change. If not then we are not responsible nor fair to the customer. I hear of shops all the time that have cars stop for stupid reasons or come back for a drip. A simple drive is the key here. I think Neil is the only employee in his staff. So this might be difficult, but in the old days 10 years ago I would take a cell phone and forward my calls to it. This is why I have never had a single motor returned for issues and our come back rate is less than 1 percent as a maintenance shop and that is normally something of a misunderstanding in a new product. We are 100% as an engine builder. Not easy.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:13 PM
A-Men to that. I have always driven everyone’s car to operating temp then some. It has to be exactly right. The only time we don't is an oil change. If not then we are not responsible nor fair to the customer. I hear of shops all the time that have cars stop for stupid reasons or come back for a drip. A simple drive is the key here. I think Neil is the only employee in his staff. So this might be difficult, but in the old days 10 years ago I would take a cell phone and forward my calls to it. This is why I have never had a single motor returned for issues and our come back rate is less than 1 percent as a maintenance shop and that is normally something of a misunderstanding in a new product. We are 100% as an engine builder. Not easy.
Thank You. We met in Texas (in the elevator during Parade 04) You had the wife and kid?s with you. I really like your work. Thanks for confirming what we beleive in. It doesnt have to be excessive, but we feel it is a necessary evil associated with doing business.

B

Old 12-31-2005, 06:21 PM
hhazrati is infamous around these parts
Bill:
No matter what you write, there are going to be negative responses from other "tuners"! It is a no-win situation here!
If you guys knew Bill, you would know the importance of "excess mileage" on his Porsche(s)! I took my car to Neil 2 weeks ago and got the same great service. He test drove my car to make sure there was no more "missing" issues. He could have put 2 or 200 miles on my car and I wouldn't have noticed. I have 27K something miles on my car! But Bill's case is different. Ask him how many miles on his TT or his 993 C4S. You will be surprised! This is why he says "no test miles".

Old 12-31-2005, 06:29 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Well that is great and I applaud the quality work. I however disagree my comments were negative nor and I am just a tuner. Rather an engine builder and the National Tech Advisor for the PCA on turbos 75-present. Past 78-89 911s. My suggestion will help Neil stay out of trouble. Whether or not you notice an issue is not the point. This is a level of work that should be adhered to regardless of time or customer dislike of time issues. Not to mention when every car is completed we take the time to wash it. This shows that you care. I also suggest this point to Neil as every customer loves to pick up their car and have it cleaned when it was dirty…for free. Just because you take pride in your work.

Hey Brad, yes that was Roxanne and our two boys. If you recall we crammed everyone in the TT and drove down from KC. It was a blast. Pleasure meeting you and glad to see you around!!

Old 12-31-2005, 06:43 PM
No matter what you write, there are going to be negative responses from other "tuners"! It is a no-win situation here!
I certainly was not trying to be negative. It bothers me when I/we have to move a CGT from the front of the building to the rear of the building!

"tuners" << hardly. We actually build 996's from bare tubs (several times an event if need be)

Porsche MotorSport does our engine programming.

"tuners" is used for people who bolt parts onto "their" cars then try and sell people on the same parts.

99% of our customers ASK us to drive their cars and to check them out (90% of them ask us to run them at track events)

B

Old 12-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Ha, I remember when I use to be proud to say I was a "tuner" talk about a loose term these day! Now I am a lousy engine builder Who programs EFI

Old 12-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by hhazrati
But Bill's case is different. Ask him how many miles on his TT or his 993 C4S. You will be surprised!
Surprised that he doesn't drive his Turbo more?

Old 01-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
As expected...

For Brad, Greg and Stephen..I had an oil change done. The car was driven briefly by Neil to insure there were no issues. The "test drive" comment was reference to a situation when I took the car to a Porsche dealer for service (no issues) and received the car back with FORTY (40) additional miles on the clock !! That to me is excessive.

As far as a car wash, I will never let anyone wash my cars..that is my choice. Ask Neil or hhazrati how many swirl marks are in my cars (answer: none).

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but in my 26 years of Porsche ownership, and dealing with both P-car dealers and independent shops in 4 states, from MFI 2.4S to 2002 Turbo, Orton has the best service I have experienced. As noted, service is performed on time, car is delivered in terrific shape and performs flawlessly, and I always receive a follow-up phone call 3-4 days after pickup to insure I am happy and the car is performing as expected.

On a positive note, I am continually amazed at how much I enjoy my 996TT. I am still as excited as ever when I drive it, and rarely drive my 993 as a result. The 996 TT is the best car I've ever owned. I love it.

Bill

Old 01-01-2006, 02:40 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Bill,
What do you think of the PSI 520 kit. Has Neil discussed it with you. I am thinking about it but was curious what you think or if you much about it. My 480 is great but if 520 is just as punchy but with more push then it may be for me. Holler.

Old 01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Bill in Atlanta
As expected...
For Brad, Greg and Stephen..I had an oil change done. The car was driven briefly by Neil to insure there were no issues. The "test drive" comment was reference to a situation when I took the car to a Porsche dealer for service (no issues) and received the car back with FORTY (40) additional miles on the clock !! That to me is excessive.

Yep the dealers are the worst. They did the same to me on a 928GTS I had. I should have fixed the car myself but it was under warranty. Then they dropped a wrench on my TT.

We spend more in Griot's product for washing customer's car then we do actual oil in a year’s time. I also suggest investing in the water DO/RI System for no spots. It removes 99% of the crap out the water. I actually use these for my saltwater tank. It works great on the cars as well

Old 01-01-2006, 05:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by silver
Bill,
What do you think of the PSI 520 kit. Has Neil discussed it with you. I am thinking about it but was curious what you think or if you much about it. My 480 is great but if 520 is just as punchy but with more push then it may be for me. Holler.
Silver, the only difference is an exhaust so I don't think it's a "big" deal or anything. As long as you're ok with some extra noise from an exhaust *most are, then there's nothing to stop you getting a bit more power is there? It's just the same as Stage 1 guys going to Stage 2 by adding an exhaust

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Great Service from Orton Performance !