996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 TT in the works

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 10:32 AM
oldyeller is infamous around these parts
996 TT in the works

I've been considering off and on for another p car(last was a 993 c4s). I've been on a viper kick lately but now considering another . Ive had my eye out for a cheaper 911 tt to drive back and forth to work. I've been considering triptonic cars lately but could go in either direction. How many of you guys have modified trip cars, hows the trans holding up? What about miled up cars? Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated
Thanks

Old 12-02-2016, 09:44 AM
clsund is infamous around these partsclsund is infamous around these parts
I DD my 04 996tt Tip to work. It's a great way to start the day. No problems with the transmission yet. I bought the car with about 60k miles.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Very glad I opted to get a tiptronic. It's shifts faster than I ever could and keeps me from having to worry about clutch replacement. I test drove both trans and I enjoyed both, but the ease of the tip made me reconsider opting for a manual. Had the car almost three years now and it's right at 35,000 miles. The tip is a solid transmission manufactured by ZF who supply's Porsche, Mercedes, fiat etc.

best advice is drive both and see if you could live with or without a tip.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Atrox
Very glad I opted to get a tiptronic. It's shifts faster than I ever could and keeps me from having to worry about clutch replacement. I test drove both trans and I enjoyed both, but the ease of the tip made me reconsider opting for a manual. Had the car almost three years now and it's right at 35,000 miles. The tip is a solid transmission manufactured by ZF who supply's Porsche, Mercedes, fiat etc.

best advice is drive both and see if you could live with or without a tip.
1 bar tune is all I have had done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.