996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BBS LM VS. OZ Superleggera iii; Or, just repaint the OEM wheels. Tough choice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 08:54 PM
Rodstertts is infamous around these parts
BBS LM VS. OZ Superleggera iii; Or, just repaint the OEM wheels. Tough choice

Seems my 27 year old niece had no problem with the choice when I asked her opinion. Her response, "Oh, no doubt, the classic LM. You can't go wrong." She's knows cars. Pulling the trigger on this is not that easy. They both are gorgeous wheels but very different. The OZ comes with the $500 lessor price tag and one pound heavier, both of which isn't that significant. However, the rolled lip on the OZ makes the wheel just pop and you have some choices on the size; while at the same time there is more concern that rolled lip might be the softer more susceptible metal to show flaw from a deep pot hole or something than the LM.

Any thoughts?

Here's the subject for the facelift: (It will be lowered with Bilstein PSS10 shocks.)

Here's what I'm considering:

BBS LM

VS.

BBS LM VS. OZ Superleggera iii

Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2016, 09:10 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
BBS all day.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:47 PM
Sveach756 is infamous around these parts
If you like that OZ design that much there is a set of very similar SSR (professor 2s I think) wheels for sale on here that have been available for a long time.
Otherwise bbs, that OZ design has never been appealing to me.
Shawn

Old 12-19-2016, 07:40 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
BBS without question

Old 12-19-2016, 08:27 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
I'm a huge BBS and OZ fan, been running them for years on many cars. Of those two choices I'd go with the BBS LM, I have always loved that wheel especially on Porsche and BMW. Can't go wrong.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:53 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Of the 2 I'd pick the BBS but my first choice overall would be to stay with the twists you have on there now.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Rodstertts is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys! Pulled the trigger today. LM's win. Staying with 18" wheels with 7mm spacers in front and 15mm in rears. I got a bit derailed looking at the photography on the OZ's. Photos will follow once delivered and lowered. Getting Bilstein shocks. Next up, research the correct height with this set up. Any experience or suggests is greatly appreciated. Cheers

Old 12-20-2016, 06:29 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
I'd go with the O.Z.

I like the more modern appearance. Don't get me wrong, the BBS is classic and good looking, but the 996 looks too modern for the exposed bolts and stepped lip of the BBS. The BBS also appears more busy and won't show off the brakes as well as the O.Z.

Later, Steve

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.