996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anybody Have Experience w/These Wheels-ROOCK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:23 AM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Anybody Have Experience w/These Wheels-ROOCK

I saw these wheels on e-bay and they look kinda cool. I never heard of them, but that does not mean much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em=8018193118.

(Item number 8018193118 in case link does not work)

I e-mailed the Seller. Fronts weigh ~24lbs and the rears weigh ~25lbs.

Anybody have experience with the company or wheels? Just curious as they seem to be a decent deal and pretty light.

Adam

Old 01-10-2006, 07:02 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Adam,
They NEVER refunded me $2K after I returned a set of wheels
to them...which they agreed to take back. Both Neil and Fabian promised numerous times but they never delivered!!
My suggestion if you do go through with the transaction, is C.O.D. only.
Regards,
Pete

Old 01-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
how long has it been since they took the wheels back?

Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
If you buy online, pay w credit card so you can chargeback if it goes sour. Their restocking fee is 25% for returns, that should tell you that they really don't stand behind their product. Their site looks real weak as well. These wheels aren't even on their site. These look like iForge knock offs that you can get from local tire shops / speed shops. I'd not recommend these...

Old 01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I love Roock's current website.. "VISIT US"....

SHould be VISIT US during VISITING HOURS ONLY! I'm still Neg.21k from dealing with them.

Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2006, 12:38 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Fabian still owes me for his redigned website...here is a couple of screen shots..

Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2006, 01:02 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Shank, did you write that? Really funny. You've missed your calling on the Daily Show staff.

Last edited by Super D; 01-11-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:24 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Brucem
how long has it been since they took the wheels back?
Years!!
After promising me over and over which went on for over a year.
Of the $3000 total they owed me for the refund, they only sent me $1000. This was back a couple of years ago. I was in their
area and figured I would pay them a visit only to find they closed shop and screwed a few of their vendors also. When I stopped
to ask a local BMW independent if he knew about them, he commented "who Roock the Crook"
Need I say more!!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:33 PM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
Seems like Crook is a shady operation!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Sahnk thats some really funny ****! Sorry about the money u guys are out!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:42 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
I bought some Roock wheels from an individual on ebay about a year ago because I have always like the look of the Gemballa competition wheel. These wheels look very similar and were a good bit cheaper as they were used. They are a bit heavier but they seem to run true and be verydurable. Be careful who you are dealing with but I have been happy with my wheels. Good luck.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Once I accepted the fact that I was never getting the refund, I called Fabian and he gave me some B.S. story about the company being bought out and under going restructuring. I told him that
whenever I had the opportunity to inform any consumer of his business practices, I would fully do so... he did not care!

Old 01-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Here was my Crook 540 in my Manhattan garage taken a few years ago....

Little did I know I had used 993 turbos hocked to fit the exhaust.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:11 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Wow, thanks for the replys and feedback. I didn't realize there was all of this negative history. I'll stay away from the ROOCK wheels. Not worth the headache.

Adam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody Have Experience w/These Wheels-ROOCK