996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Brake wear service light...even tried to fudge it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:55 PM
sshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant futuresshrum has a brilliant future
Brake wear service light...even tried to fudge it.

Pads have less than 2K on them but I removed all the wheels and visually checked them all. Everything looks great.

Figured I might have a bad sensor so I've read the various posts and found the one where the guy just cut his wires and soldered them together. Figured "What the heck...I still have a couple of old working sensors, why not". According to the post, the light should just turn off (no OBD2 reset needed).

Proceeded to replace my brake sensors with my shortened, soldered versions on all 4 and I still get the same msg.

??? WTF ???

TIA

Old 01-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Twinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud of
There could be a break in the line that runs from where the sensor plugs in and then goes up through the cowl. Shop I use says this is not uncommon. They cut and replace with a used line from a dismantlers as it is faster and less expensive than trying to find the actual break.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.