996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Turbo upgrade experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:07 PM
911mhawk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JH996tt
Hello,
Have anybody experience with this turbochargers from this company?
http://turbo-technik-hamburg.de/Spor...6-T-700PS.html

Thanks.
Consider a set of UMW ZC turbos too, I've been very happy with them and Kevin's support, advice and tuning are the best I've experienced in aftermarket mod world.
Zero issues in first year/7k+ miles.
Supporting fuel system, injectors, FPR, additional pump, and redundant wiring/relays with a mind towards preventing disaster made are all important considerations depending on what you desire.
I went down from my stock X50 K24's to his K16's and the car drives like there's a big block V-8 in it now. The ability to keep up with or ahead of new Z06 vettes on the track is night and day from how the car was prior to his kit.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage 2a turbos.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	470616  
Old 02-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911mhawk
Consider a set of UMW ZC turbos too, I've been very happy with them and Kevin's support, advice and tuning are the best I've experienced in aftermarket mod world.
Zero issues in first year/7k+ miles.
Supporting fuel system, injectors, FPR, additional pump, and redundant wiring/relays with a mind towards preventing disaster made are all important considerations depending on what you desire.
I went down from my stock X50 K24's to his K16's and the car drives like there's a big block V-8 in it now. The ability to keep up with or ahead of new Z06 vettes on the track is night and day from how the car was prior to his kit.
I had the zero clearance back in 2003, you should have told him to upgrade your k24s instead... I think you made a mistake and left HP on the table...
but thats my opinion since I did go from k16s to k24s to his k16 ZC back when turbo options were very limited..... the k24s have better flow up on top...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-25-2017, 08:42 PM
911mhawk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I had the zero clearance back in 2003, you should have told him to upgrade your k24s instead... I think you made a mistake and left HP on the table...
but thats my opinion since I did go from k16s to k24s to his k16 ZC back when turbo options were very limited..... the k24s have better flow up on top...
I figured the K16's would be better suited to my track use.
Powdrhound's experience with the same ones was enough for me.

Some day I'd love to do studs, rods, port heads, etc...and run a 1000hp one but I'm having fun with my set up on track for now.
Still have a virtually new set of k24's in case I get the itch too

Old 02-25-2017, 09:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Oh ok. Track guy. I understand

Old 02-25-2017, 11:17 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Kevin won't do K24s anymore. Did it a long time ago but no more...

I have his K16 on a built 3.8 with RSR crank, pump, heads, etc. No complaints.... Pulls to 7500+ without let up... HP peak is actually at 7200..

Last edited by pwdrhound; 02-25-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Kevin won't do K24s anymore. Did it a long time ago but no more...

I have his K16 on a built 3.8 with RSR crank, pump, heads, etc. No complaints.... Pulls to 7500+ without let up... HP peak is actually at 7200..
I had no clue he doesn't make them. But I don't track like you guys do so k24s are a lot more appealing to me due to the hot side for too ends.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.