996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

$172,319 - 996tts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
I'd really like to meet this jackass in a dark alley somewhere.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:08 PM
integrate is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by FlyingLow
I'd really like to meet this jackass in a dark alley somewhere.
Be careful... his bio says he is a land Spectulator... what the hell is that? A 14 year old who wants to grow up and be a speculator

Old 01-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
I read a post a few days ago about some guy earning the cost of his 2005 Turbo Cab in one night through his club, Crobar. Is this the same guy or lately do we just have an influx of people wanting to tell us how special they are?

Old 01-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Bashy is infamous around these parts
Cultural Differences between Coasts!!!

Some twenty years ago I moved from New York City to Los Angeles. After attending my first party in LA I noticed a cultural difference between the coasts. People at the party would boast that the watch, clothes, cars, etc. that they had, they bought at Tiffany etc. for full price. In NYC people would boast at parties how they took the picture of the diamond ring in the Tiffany catalog to 47st Street and had the ring copied and had a much better stone put in for less than half the price. This was true in NYC for cars as well [I got it at a dealer in NJ for much, much less.]For clothes, I found this guy that has just arrived from Italy and he is a master tailor and makes my clothes for much less. In general this was one of the cultural differnces I noticed between the coasts.

Happy New Year guys!!!

Last edited by Bashy; 01-11-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Beavis is infamous around these parts
Re: Cultural Differences between Coasts!!!

Originally posted by Bashy
Some twenty years ago I moved from New York City to Los Angeles. After attending my first party in LA I noticed a cultural difference between the coasts. People at the party would boast that the watch, clothes, cars, etc. that they had, they bought at Tiffany etc. for full price. In NYC people would boast at parties how they took the picture of the diamond ring in the Tiffany catalog to 47st Street and had the ring copied and had a much better stone put in for less than half the price. This was true in NYC for cars as well [I got it at a dealer in NJ for much, much less.]For clothes, I found this guy that has just arrived from Italy and he is a master tailor and makes my clothes for much less. In general this was one of the cultural differnces I noticed between the coasts.

Happy New Year guys!!!
Yeah, here in LA it's a like a badge of honor when you get screwed and pay too much.

Seriously, it has nothing to do with what coast you are on. It has to do with what group of jackasses you run with. My mom has friends in Roslyn on Long Island who also brag about paying full pop - as if paying more makes them better than the other guy.

There is no doubt a cultural difference between coasts. It just doesn't apply here.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Bashy is infamous around these parts
No Difference-both are a--holes!!!

Attn: Beavis

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I guess what I was also trying to imply was that the people boasting in NYC and the people boasting in LA both were probably lying to make themselves look important, just the lie was different.
Regards!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Beavis is infamous around these parts
Re: No Difference-both are a--holes!!!

Originally posted by Bashy
Attn: Beavis

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I guess what I was also trying to imply was that the people boasting in NYC and the people boasting in LA both were probably lying to make themselves look important, just the lie was different.
Regards!!!
Agree with you as well. Like our beloved Robert P, I also live in Newport Beach. I grew up in the midwest, so that helps keep me grounded and gives me somewhat of a different perspective on what I see here at times. Just when you think you've seen it all, someone does something completely assinine to top the last a-hole.

I've been to Newport Auto Center and seen trade-ins with less than 500 miles on them in the currrent model year. As an example, the 911 Turbo was no longer good enough because the "S" came out. The stories are just as crazy down the street at Newport Autosport (now Ferrari Newport Beach)

People compete with each other through their kids. The buy their kid a new M3, just to top the other kid whose parents just bought his kid a 330iS. Sit at the fountain at Fashion Island sometime and people watch and you will see some really stupid stuff.

This place amazes me. The good thing is, in spite of the eliteists, it's a safe place to live. I dont have to worry about my wife getting mugged at the ATM and my kid will go to a good school system.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:46 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Cultural Differences between Coasts!!!

Originally posted by Beavis
Yeah, here in LA it's a like a badge of honor when you get screwed and pay too much.

Seriously, it has nothing to do with what coast you are on. It has to do with what group of jackasses you run with. My mom has friends in Roslyn on Long Island who also brag about paying full pop - as if paying more makes them better than the other guy.

There is no doubt a cultural difference between coasts. It just doesn't apply here.
Yup Roslyn and many places in LI are like that as well, oh well

Old 01-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Originally posted by Johnfromjersey
I read a post a few days ago about some guy earning the cost of his 2005 Turbo Cab in one night through his club, Crobar. Is this the same guy or lately do we just have an influx of people wanting to tell us how special they are?
John thats funny now I remember that thread...

miami+newyork+something=turbo cab...

that must have been this moron!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:16 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Robert,

Man you are so cool! Paid it all in cash, WOW you must have a lot of money! Can I be your friend?

I paid 50 cents for a pack of gum is that cool????

Old 01-12-2006, 07:35 AM
dbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond repute
Buddy - did you buy the gum with CASH?

Old 01-12-2006, 07:49 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I'm new here. I have mortgage, and loans on both my wife's truck and my car. My 12 yr old VFR and 9 yr old PU I own free and clear.

I live and work in one of the poorest states of the nation, guess I'm a loser.

Or maybe some people's priorities are ....

Old 01-12-2006, 08:42 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
that's a whole lot of money for a car that's getting a new design and release in this year
Now c'mon let's not start badgering a 2005 tts cab...this guy is one thing but i would pay top dollar again for my new tts even after the 997 tt arrives

Old 01-12-2006, 08:53 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by dbf73
Buddy - did you buy the gum with CASH?
50 shiny pennies baby!

Old 01-12-2006, 10:13 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Re: $172,319 - 996tts

Originally posted by robertp
For those of you who can not add:

MSRP: $155,754
Tax/License: $11,765
Shipping from NJ to CA $4800

Total: $172,319 and I paid CASH.
When I shipped mine from back east in an enclosed carrier they charged about $1,500.00.