996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

$4800 transport charge to CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 12:22 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
One day I'll have a carriage of my own to transport my cars. I'll have all my tools, track tires loaded with the car. When in college, my buddy had one for the solar car. It was real sweet! Mobile garage is the ultimate garage!

Old 01-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Beavis is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Gramicci101
Also, 5 days is pretty much standard for driving across the country. Not a noteworthy accomplishment. I'm sure some of these guys have made it in a lot less.
Come to think of it, Buddy likes road trips. I am sure he'd have done it for free and got it there in about 2 days!!

As an added bonus, the motor would be broken in by the time it got home too!

Old 01-11-2006, 12:30 PM
The Grape is infamous around these parts
HAHA! I bet so....

Old 01-11-2006, 12:32 PM
variable is infamous around these parts
robertp,

First off, congratulations on your beautiful 996 turbo. The reason you are getting so much flak here is simple; bragging about the cost of your car in your very first post and the fact that you paid cash for it... really, nobody cares!

Try being a bit more humble and you will soon find a warm welcome here.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:37 PM
RobbieX50 is infamous around these parts
Lets see some pictures in Newport Beach

robertp,

Since you are so proficient at posting threads and pictures of your new car, it should be easy for you to post pictures of your car at a well known Newport Beach establishment. Every picture you have posted so far does not look like Newport.

Also include a picture of your titanium exhaust. I am sure there are a lot of us interested in seeing it. By the way, which dealership is servicing your car?

I think this would silence a lot of the skeptics including myself.

Thanks.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:42 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Beavis
Come to think of it, Buddy likes road trips. I am sure he'd have done it for free and got it there in about 2 days!!

As an added bonus, the motor would be broken in by the time it got home too!
Did someone say

ROADTRIP!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Beavis is infamous around these parts
Re: Lets see some pictures in Newport Beach

Originally posted by RobbieX50
Since you are so proficient at posting threads and pictures of your new car, it should be easy for you to post pictures of your car at a well known Newport Beach establishment. Every picture you have posted so far does not look like Newport.

I think this would silence a lot of the skeptics including myself.

Yes, something like this would be a good start. (By the way, those are $4M homes in the background. However, not everyone lives on the bay and has a boat dock!)

Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Dude...stop creating a new thread to counter each and every argument. Just stick to the original thread for godsakes.

Just so you know...I shipped my car by private, enclosed transport as well. From Washington State to Virginia. It was the only car on the truck and only took 4 days.

And I only paid $1,800.00.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-11-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 PM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Divexxtreme
[B]Dude...stop creating a new thread to counter each and every argument. Just stick to the original thread for godsakes.
I don't think he can reply to threads yet. Could be a blessing.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Dude,
Your best strategy at this point is to go away and forget this site exists

Old 01-11-2006, 01:38 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Originally posted by Divexxtreme
Dude...stop creating a new thread to counter each and every argument. Just stick to the original thread for godsakes.

Just so you know...I shipped my car by private, enclosed transport as well. From Washington State to Virginia. It was the only car on the truck and only took 4 days.

And I only paid $1,800.00.

Owned

Old 01-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Porsche Rocks
maxjamie is infamous around these parts
I am laughing as I read through all the responses- it's a nice break during work to read all the comments. But Robertp does not seem to be defending any of the comments?!??
He will probably start another thread just to get everyone's attention again.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:33 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Who pays $4800 for transport? Ive had cars come in from Chicago twice and from Florida once. I never paid more than 1200 and the cars got here in less than a week all three times. Whats the difference if its hauled alone or with five other cars? Oh wait your turbo needs the extra legroom that comes with that first class looking trailer. And not to mention the upgraded first class meals. Oh and Newport does not start at $4mill. Maybe you should do your homework with your cardealers as well as your real estate brokers before you make a purchase?
-Peter
Ps wellcome to 6 speed, car is looking pretty nice

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 01-11-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by maxjamie
I am laughing as I read through all the responses- it's a nice break during work to read all the comments. But Robertp does not seem to be defending any of the comments?!??
He will probably start another thread just to get everyone's attention again.

My guess is junior high school has not gotten out yet, which is the reason for the lack of response from Robert (or is it Bobby?).

I'm sure after he finishes eating his vegatables tonight that his mommy will allow him on the computer.

Be patient.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:13 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
looks like a horse trailer to me. pulled by pick up???? have had two cars shipped from the east coast pd $1200 for top seat enclosed,,, took a week or so... very nice rig and professional driver ...gold country trans i think rob at scargo found them for me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $4800 transport charge to CA