996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

$4800 transport charge to CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:22 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Cerberus
My guess is junior high school has not gotten out yet, which is the reason for the lack of response from Robert (or is it Bobby?).

I'm sure after he finishes eating his vegatables tonight that his mommy will allow him on the computer.

Be patient.
Yo hommie she paid CASH for those veggies.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Re: Re: $4800 transport charge to CA

Originally posted by yetis
This about sums it up for me.

Real estate made a lot of not so smart people, look really smart....
Seriously, like i said in another thread money cannot buy you smarts or common sense.. This guys car is obviously beautiful, but this guys attitude SUCKS!

Old 01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
I don't get it, I shipped my car to dallas from orange county with a similar transport setup and it cost 800 bucks...

Old 01-11-2006, 08:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sticky
I don't get it, I shipped my car to dallas from orange county with a similar transport setup and it cost 800 bucks...
Well some people obviously think getting ripped off and spending top dollar for something obviously overpriced makes them cool

Old 01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
when you have the kind of bucks robt has. what we think really does not matter ... sounds like the kinda guy that starts ever statment with I . very sad ... people you impress with how much money you have. are never worth the effort....as for newport beach..... try to buy a house in marin co..

Old 01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Small pee pee syndrom if I ever saw it.

Christian

Old 01-11-2006, 09:16 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Originally posted by grussell
New money....
Soon to be gone money
Well said.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:01 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
Hey RobertP,

F*** you and your Texas comment you piece of ****. C'mon over and check out my 7000 sq. ft. house in Texas jackhole.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Haha this is getting so funny

Old 01-12-2006, 05:30 AM
02TT_87GNX is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car! Ugly attitude. Get off your newport beach high horse and come on up to atherton CA, where homes really start at $4 mil. BTW as beautiful as your car is, it will disappear in the sea of leased porsches in OC.

My parents moved from Tokyo, Japan to Dana Point which is two towns south of Newport (in monarch bay) so as not to rub shoulders with dopey new money snobs like you who think overpaying is some sort of status symbol.

Good luck with the car! Great color!

Old 01-15-2006, 10:46 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Defending RobertP Transportation Rates

Well, I am going to defend RobertP on the only part of his " story" that has any basis in fact. I have an 01 TT and I am fortunate enough to own it because I work very hard. I am a self employed truck driver. I know it does not sound glamorous because it isn't! I transport high end vehicles for the largest enclosed car hauler in the states. I am quite familiar with shipping rates because I get a percentage of them when I transport a car. I have been doing this for about 15 years so I know a little about the industry. I have posted some pics of my truck and trailer and some neat vehicles to satisfy those who will question my facts. This is how the shipping rates work. Intercity, Passport, Horseless, Pilot, Select One and Reliable Carriers all offer carrier convenience rates. That means if you are flexible with your pick-up dates(2-3 weeks) and your del. dates( 2-3 weeks) the carrier can service your vehicle at their convenience and the rates will reflect this. If you want firm pickup dates( your specific date) and 3-4 day coast to coast service it will cost every bit of 4800$ As a matter of fact, I do not think we would do that move that cheaply. You all would be surprised at the amount of money people will spend for near instant gratification. Some of the services we supply for corporate moves are: team service, 2 drivers for coast to coast delivery in about 60-70 hours! Temperature controlled trailers- about 25 of our 300 trailers are insulated with Carrier or Thermo King temp control units and can keep concept vehicles and clay models at room temp all year round. Service north of the Artic Circle in the winter for cold weather testing- that cost would boggle your mind! Hot weather testing in Death Valley. So RobertP isn't a total loon.Now for full disclosure: I did not pay cash for my Kenworth. I did not pay cash for my Kentucky Car trailer. I did not pay cash for my 01 TT. I did pay cash for my 2000 Focus- PS RobertP: Relax, but you picked the wrong group of people to BS. Take care, Kevin

Last edited by KPG; 11-13-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:48 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Another Pic

Old 01-15-2006, 10:49 AM
KPG
Another Pic- Hey is it possible to upload more than one pic per reply?

Old 01-15-2006, 10:50 AM
KPG
One more

Old 01-15-2006, 02:59 PM
hhazrati is infamous around these parts
KPG check your PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $4800 transport charge to CA