996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

$4800 transport charge to CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 09:24 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
$4800 transport charge to CA

aaaaaa

Last edited by robertp; 12-19-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:32 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Robert - the car is beautiful, thats a fact....
I think you would have been better off asking about the "so-called" modifications instead of stating them as fact when you weren't really sure yourself. That would have gotten you the appropriate repsonses you were looking for.

Enjoy the car and let's all try and figure out what exactly is in your car now, that's the fun part.

Some of the board sponsors such as EVOand Imagine Auto (IA) would be the best places for you to start

On another note, who is the dealer that told you all of this information?

Last edited by DJ; 01-11-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Robert your bad first impression was made by your idiotic post of how you paid cash for the car. No one needs to know this and no one on this board cares how much money another memeber does/does not have. We are all friends and people who have a passion for cars.

As for your car and all the claims you made maybe you should have asked before sounding stupid about 40k in free mods and an exhuast no one has ever heard of that Porsche made.

Start fresh and enjoy the car it happends to be very nice looking!

Last edited by Marc; 01-11-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Beavis is infamous around these parts
Re: $4800 transport charge to CA

Originally posted by robertp
For those of you who think the $4800 transport charge was bogus, take a look at the car being loaded onto a private enclosed carriage. I had a private courier transport my car across the country. The Porsche was the only car on the trip. The trip was 5 days, not 15 from a traditional carries.

I would not spend this kind of money and put my car on a traditional car transport big rig with 10 other cars traveling all over the country.

As for the modifications, why would someone make up a story like this? The car was defective from the factory and Porsche came to bat and rectified the situation. They proved to me that they are worthy of future $170,000 purchases.

Even if you thought the story was bogus, aren’t we all grown men. Maybe not from some of the emails I read.

Talk about loosing some IQ points, I think I just lost 20 reading all of your email threads. Why not educate me on what is really in my car. I thought the board’s purpose was for edification and information sharing, not childish mayhem.

And on the subject of money, I do not live in Kansas, Oklahoma, Jersey, or Texas. I live in Newport Beach, CA where the homes start at $4 million. Spending $200,000 on a car is no big thing and $4800 on a transport is pocket change.

Thanks for the great first impression.
Robert,

Here's a word to the wise...

The best way to make your initial impression on a message board is usually with a little less bravado. In other words, a little less chest thumping about how much you paid for the car and the fact that you paid CASH for it would be a good place to start. I realize that in Newport Beach overhearing cell phone conversations at The Car Spa about homes with two commas in the price tags are commonplace, yet they are not in other places in the country. Without thinking about it, you likely insulted the board members here who live in Kansas, Oklahoma, Jersey, or Texas.

Next, stating your car's modifications as fact rather than asking about what the dealer has claimed to have installed would be the next place to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Coming off as an expert and a know-it-all in front of a group of hard-core fanatics who have owned their cars for awhile only causes you to lose credibility. There's alot of guys here willing to help, but your approach needs a little work.

I also live in Newport Beach. Homes DO NOT "start" at 4 million. While you may live in a $4M home, paupers like me do not. A quick search in zipcode 92660 (my zip code) netted a search of 58 homes between $1M and $2M of a total of 172 properties in the zipcode. In other words, about 30% of the homes sell well below your claim of a $4M starting price.

We are all grown men. We do like to have fun at the expense of others at times. However, please take some time to revisit some of your posts and think again before you start hurling stones from the porch of your $4M glass house.

Last edited by Beavis; 01-11-2006 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Jeebus is infamous around these parts
I live on cybertron where cars are robots in diguise. Nice porsche btw.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts

And on the subject of money, I do not live in Kansas, Oklahoma, Jersey, or Texas. I live in Newport Beach, CA where the homes start at $4 million. Spending $200,000 on a car is no big thing and $4800 on a transport is pocket change.

While I am happy that you have the car and I welcome you to the community, bragging about prices, money, etc is not the way to win yourself into the hearts of members on this site.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:59 AM
yetis is infamous around these parts

I thought the board’s purpose was for edification and information sharing, not childish mayhem.

This about sums it up for me.

Real estate made a lot of not so smart people, look really smart....

Old 01-11-2006, 10:04 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Troll alert.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:28 AM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of

Your Welcome

Old 01-11-2006, 10:51 AM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
New money....
Soon to be gone money

Old 01-11-2006, 10:56 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Oh man, you just don't know when to stop.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:03 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
I call "PA001".

T

Old 01-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
$4800 for a travel trailer towed behind a pickup truck?? If it cost him more than $800 in gas I'd be suprised. You could have flown out, rented both and driven back yourself for $4800. You could have flown out and driven the porsche back for a lot less.

I wouldn't be too impressed by a private courier if he showed up with that setup, either. My sister has a better truck AND trailer, maybe she should get into the courier business, evidently there's a lot of money to be made.

Also, 5 days is pretty much standard for driving across the country. Not a noteworthy accomplishment. I'm sure some of these guys have made it in a lot less.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Maaaan does this guy like the "new theread" button.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:18 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Your introduction was a bit conceded don't you think?

And on the subject of money, I do not live in Kansas, Oklahoma, Jersey, or Texas. I live in Newport Beach, CA

And you just made it worst...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $4800 transport charge to CA