996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Porsche Speedster??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 09:38 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Porsche Speedster??

Has anyone done any research on this car or own one who could give me some feedback ... this car ranges in price from $20K up to $150K ... what's the difference, what to avoid, why are some sooo expensive ... I just like the look not to worried about limited edition year only 6 were made? Drop top to take my girl out for dinner in a classy vintage car ...

Saw "Doc Hollywood" again on the movie channel and fell in love

Thanx.

Old 11-30-2003, 12:00 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
An original example wont sell for $20k, in that price range there are replica cars, 1958 was the last year of its production and tend to bring in the highest numbers, I met a guy who restored one to incredible spec with approx 50 miles on it since restoration and has invested over $200k into it, the car is beautiful,the Speedster out of the older Porsche ragtops is my favorite style but is also the least practical with the side curtain windows and low windshield, great topless car , the cabs and roadsters are more user friendly to use all around, all are beautiful.

Old 11-30-2003, 09:25 AM
Arnie is infamous around these parts
4 cam is the answer

If it has the 4 cam engine it will get top price!

Old 11-30-2003, 09:55 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Dario,

I've been looking at these cars for some time now and am seriously considering buying a reproduciton. To me it doesn't make sense to buy an original at $100,000+ becasue I don't consider myself a collector ~ just an enthusiast.

Also consider that "originals" have outdated mechanicals, they break down alot and if it ever got wrecked or scrathed or...you get the picture. Personally I'd rather get something I could enjoy and not worry about.

There is a company by the name of Chuck Beck Motorsports that builds an awesome reproduction of the 550 Speedster. Loaded to the hilt you wont pay more than $27,000. I believe they may also build a version of the car your looking for.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-30-2003, 10:38 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
I have seen the Beck Spyder in person and its a rather nice car.